Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Instructor
Original Poster
#1 Old 29th Jun 2021 at 1:09 AM
Default Shop Socials
Hi, before you think I'm asking for the "no autonomous shop socials," I'm not. I've tried both his "no autonomous shop socials" and his "no bad socials," but I *still* get customers wanting to chat and socialize while my sims are running their business! I'm wondering if there is a mod to totally stop ALL autonomous socials inside a shop. Every few min, I have to tell my cashier sim to "be cashier" or my other sim to either sell or restock! They are constantly being socialized with and I don't want that. They are there to run a business, NOT socialize! They can do that at home! I just put in t he no autonomous greet and will see what happens there. Thanks!
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 29th Jun 2021 at 2:04 AM
Just use Business Runs You, I don't think those socials can interrupt sims then. Running a retail business without it is pretty much impossible, not just because of autonomous socials.
Mad Poster
#3 Old 29th Jun 2021 at 2:35 AM
I don't have any of those hacks and have no trouble running a retail business. You have to pay attention and be willing to micromanage a little as required, that's all.

The fewer employees you have, the better. Family members work free and better. The short attention span tends to afflict both owner and employees more in the early stages, before they start acquiring badges. Now that Gabriella Newson has a silver cashier badge, she seldom stirs from behind the cash register at Riverblossom Dry Goods, where she works for Stella Roth. I manage Stella on the sales floor and Gabriella rings people up at a brisk pace. Once the store is closed, Stella restocks by herself while Gabriella checks everybody out; then, if there's still restocking to do, Stella can change her assignment until everything's back on the shelves, and if they're exhausted at the end of the day that's on me for not paying attention to Stella's needs better. Gabriella's probably going to marry Xander and take over the store when Stella retires or dies, and they're excellent friends - employees who like their boss and are fairly paid are better workers. I check Gabriella's pay every time the store opens, and if she's due a raise she gets one right away.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#4 Old 29th Jun 2021 at 4:26 AM
I don't use Business Runs you except for the sign because I dislike sims running, but that mod might help with this. Then there are the smaller mods like leave after paying and no autonomous greet.

I have no trouble running many businesses with just a few basic mods like the sign and no complaining, but I also don't use many employees either, mostly controllable family members.
It is annoying when they leave their assigned job but things like a fence and lockable gate will stop sims coming around to the side of the till. Some socializing will actually help the business as friendly interactions will have a positive effect and sims may toss stars for it.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Instructor
Original Poster
#5 Old 29th Jun 2021 at 4:27 AM
I turned free will off and that helps a lot. The short attention span is just yikes is all I can say. Every few min she would cancel out her cashiering and chat. That got a little better after I put the no autonomous greet in. He still would engage the customers in a game of catch or whatever. Their business is lev 10 and just he and his wife run it.

I don't get any complaining, just chat and jokes. So far, w/the free will off she's only left the cash register once. I'll try that fence around her, lol.
Instructor
Original Poster
#6 Old 30th Jun 2021 at 2:56 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Sonshine
I don't get any complaining, just chat and jokes. So far, w/the free will off she's only left the cash register once. I'll try that fence around her, lol.

I tried the fence around her w/the gate allowing only her and it worked great! She only left the cash register once and I think that might have just been a glitch. Her husband works sales. Originally, it was just a grocery store, but a family can't make much money off of that only so I added a few other things like expensive paintings as well. He doesn't have to do many interactions to sell at all. This is for my BACC and I had to have a grocery story for the first lot.