Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Watch TV from all chairs

by MogHughson Posted 29th Nov 2011 at 4:44 PM - Updated 29th Nov 2011 at 11:24 PM by MogHughson

206 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 51 Feedback Posts, 154 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 8 of 9
Test Subject
#176 Old 12th Nov 2014 at 3:41 PM
This mod works for all my chairs except one custom chair that I downloaded, My sims would just stand instead of using the chair nearby. is there a way for me to fix this?
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#177 Old 10th Dec 2014 at 5:31 PM
This is sooooo cool!
Lab Assistant
#178 Old 8th Apr 2015 at 7:22 AM
Great mod! Now we can have realistic seating arrangements.

I did find one issue: when all Sims in a household die, normally Grimmy will take the last one's soul and leave promptly. With this mod in, as soon as the last Sim was gone, he immediately headed for the TV and watched it for days. He never left, and those hula zombies just kept hula-ing... I pulled this mod, and he disappeared normally. I didn't test it further to see if it's a conflict with another hack or my game setup. All Sims in a household dying doesn't happen often, so I'll just remember to pull this mod whenever I want to kill everybody.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#179 Old 11th May 2015 at 9:19 AM
Oh man, I never knew this was a pet peeve till now. This sounds amazing, can't wait to try it!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#180 Old 24th Jun 2015 at 1:54 AM
Amazing, amazing, amazing mod. Thank you.
THANKS POST
#181 Old 30th Jun 2015 at 6:22 PM
Thank you so much.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#182 Old 8th Jul 2015 at 11:15 PM
This mod might have fixed my wedding parties, before even if I had chairs for everyone in front of the wedding arch most of the guests watched standing. Now for the first time I saw everyone sitting down, I even had to add more chairs XD
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#183 Old 6th Dec 2015 at 12:47 AM
Thank you so much!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#184 Old 7th Jan 2016 at 1:52 AM
Awesome. Thanks.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#185 Old 6th Mar 2016 at 7:36 PM
Thank You
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#186 Old 24th Apr 2016 at 7:22 AM
This is one of my all time favorite mods. Thank you a million times for this great and sensible mod.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#187 Old 1st Oct 2016 at 4:38 PM
thankyou thankyouuu
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#188 Old 29th Oct 2016 at 11:31 PM
Thanks so much for this Mod.
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#189 Old 28th Jan 2017 at 1:35 AM
I just re-downloaded this mod (after a massive, non-Sims-related computer problem that involved having to start from scratch with my CC *sob, sniffle*) and I can say from experience that once I tried it I'd never go back to not having it in my game (like so many of your mods, MogHughson! They're great!) It's just crazy that the game wasn't set up this way from the beginning. I actually am kind of glad it wasn't a 'perfect' game to start with, because so many talented modders stepped up to the plate and have created such great stuff for all of us. Cheers to you, Mog! You're one of the very best.
Test Subject
#190 Old 1st Mar 2017 at 11:20 PM
I know Mog hasn't been around for some time, so this might get nowhere. I'm having a bizarre problem: My Sims hate watching TV from 3-seat sofas. (With a burning passion.) if instructed to sit on one then told to watch TV, they'll get up to move to a 2-seater. If I throw the 2-seater out into the yard first, they'll instead get up and move to one of the dining room chairs (which are not only facing away from the TV, but also clear behind it, and further away from it than the sofa...) I can only get them to use a 3-seater if it's absolutely the only TV seating available (I.E. throwing all other seating in the room into the yard).

If I remove the mod, they'll sit and stay just fine in the current, Maxis-code-compatible layout. Multiple 2-seaters are no problem either. No conflicts that I know of. I think the only other mods I use that affect routing or seating are:Removing any of these has no effect (other than making my Sims reset). Not being familiar with routing at all I wouldn't know where to start looking for the problem. I hate to do without this, since corner-of-room TV areas are nicer looking and more compact. I'd just like to know if anyone knows of a fix, or else this is a third, nastier quirk to keep in mind.
Screenshots
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#191 Old 15th May 2017 at 11:31 PM
Thank you
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#192 Old 27th May 2017 at 3:59 PM
This is a must-have! Thank you so much again.
Lab Assistant
#193 Old 30th May 2017 at 10:22 PM
Quote: Originally posted by YesPlease
I have the Ultimate Edition installed and this is working well. Thanks!
You didn't experience any crashing or llama-like things?
Lab Assistant
#194 Old 29th Jun 2017 at 8:35 PM
Now I understand why my mod doesn't work. I use "Si'Down with your drink". I was using "SitFloorToWatchTV.package' to watch them sitting somewhere.
Thank you!

Quote: Originally posted by NeuralStunner
I know Mog hasn't been around for some time, so this might get nowhere. I'm having a bizarre problem: My Sims hate watching TV from 3-seat sofas. (With a burning passion.) if instructed to sit on one then told to watch TV, they'll get up to move to a 2-seater. If I throw the 2-seater out into the yard first, they'll instead get up and move to one of the dining room chairs (which are not only facing away from the TV, but also clear behind it, and further away from it than the sofa...) I can only get them to use a 3-seater if it's absolutely the only TV seating available (I.E. throwing all other seating in the room into the yard).

If I remove the mod, they'll sit and stay just fine in the current, Maxis-code-compatible layout. Multiple 2-seaters are no problem either. No conflicts that I know of. I think the only other mods I use that affect routing or seating are:Removing any of these has no effect (other than making my Sims reset). Not being familiar with routing at all I wouldn't know where to start looking for the problem. I hate to do without this, since corner-of-room TV areas are nicer looking and more compact. I'd just like to know if anyone knows of a fix, or else this is a third, nastier quirk to keep in mind.

Hello!
My tumblr and blogspot where I also tell the story of my sims. Come visit me!
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#195 Old 22nd Sep 2017 at 5:58 AM
Another mod that I've had for so long that I never realized how annoying the game could be without it. Thank you!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#196 Old 10th Dec 2017 at 6:22 AM
Wonderful job! thank u very much!
Link Ninja
THANKS POST
#197 Old 13th Jan 2018 at 8:46 PM
I never said how much better this mod made my game so I am saying it now. Thank you!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#198 Old 27th Jun 2018 at 2:51 AM
O MG
Geniuous this is reallt useful!!! Thnak you!!!!
Instructor
THANKS POST
#199 Old 8th Dec 2018 at 2:05 PM
omg this is amazing, i Always wanted something like this and now i can have it
Test Subject
#200 Old 7th May 2020 at 5:15 PM
Hmmmm this mod doesn't seem to be working for me. My sims still stand up in front of the sofa to watch TV, and it's only 4 squares away.
Page 8 of 9