Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Pregnancy Progress Controller - new version 10/31/2013

by CmarNYC Posted 26th Aug 2012 at 10:20 AM - Updated 28th Mar 2014 at 8:13 PM by CmarNYC : New version upload

870 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 649 Feedback Posts, 220 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 4 of 35
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#76 Old 17th Sep 2012 at 5:55 PM Last edited by Liv03 : 17th Sep 2012 at 6:31 PM.
does not work for me when I click on the sim it shows nothing is you help me? please..
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#77 Old 17th Sep 2012 at 6:48 PM
Looks like it was my mare that was the problem. I made a new horse for the rest of the foals and his mares all managed to actually give birth (so far)without me using resetSim. Poor Anacaona though. :'(

Edit: One of my mares did manage to give birth to twins though. I have no idea how that happened. ^^'
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#78 Old 17th Sep 2012 at 9:43 PM
such a cool mod pretty brill hope you update it for seasons patch
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#79 Old 17th Sep 2012 at 9:59 PM
@Liv03: Do other mods and script mod work for you? Did you install in the Documents location? Are you getting a popup when you start the game warning you you're using custom scripting mods with the Pregnancy Controller listed?

@Dweiathecat: Sorry about your mare. Sometimes a sim's data gets corrupted somehow, or it seems that way. Odd about the twin foals - in the code it looks like horses can't have more than one, but I could be wrong.
Forum Resident
#80 Old 18th Sep 2012 at 7:38 AM
Thanks very much for this mod - I spotted it just as one of my sims had got her pregnancy timer wrong and could fix it beautifully. And I love the 'pause pregnancy' option.

Would it be at all possible to have a version of the mod where the interaction to 'get sim pregnant' doesn't appear? So the pregnancy options is only there when the sim is already pregnant? Because I already have Master Controller that will get sims pregnant when I want them to and I don't want to get an elder or teen pregnant by mistake.
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#81 Old 18th Sep 2012 at 2:37 PM
Sorry, but I don't see the need to do the extra work of maintaining two versions of the mod just in case of a possibility that should be pretty rare, especially when you can just delete any accidental pregnancy and install the teen/elder birth enabler package in case you somehow don't notice until too late.
Field Researcher
#82 Old 18th Sep 2012 at 4:12 PM Last edited by Bluna The Sims : 18th Sep 2012 at 11:43 PM.
Hum,I liked it.The option "Pause" and "Resume" pregnancy is awesome.But,can you put this menu only appear in pregnant sims? It's boring click in all the sims and see the menu...
-------------
Can I make the Brazilian Portuguese translation for your mod?
_--------------------------
Can you make the strings of the mod available,to I can make the translation...
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#83 Old 20th Sep 2012 at 1:29 AM
Thanks so much. You just made a future story of mine much more easy to do!
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#84 Old 20th Sep 2012 at 2:19 AM
@Bluna_the_sims: Unless I make a dozen different versions of the mod, it's not going to perfectly suit everyone's taste. I'll consider making the next version tunable to accommodate you and the person who asked for another variation.

A Portuguese translation would be very helpful. You can get the English strings from the mod itself if you want, otherwise it'll have to wait until Saturday when I get home to my computer.
Field Researcher
#85 Old 21st Sep 2012 at 1:43 AM
Thank you ^^ I'll wait until Saturday...
Test Subject
#86 Old 21st Sep 2012 at 9:20 PM
Quote: Originally posted by CmarNYC
@Liv03: Do other mods and script mod work for you? Did you install in the Documents location? Are you getting a popup when you start the game warning you you're using custom scripting mods with the Pregnancy Controller listed?

@Dweiathecat: Sorry about your mare. Sometimes a sim's data gets corrupted somehow, or it seems that way. Odd about the twin foals - in the code it looks like horses can't have more than one, but I could be wrong.

How do you access the pie menu that will let you choose how to control the pregnancy? I play on a mac so I was wondering how you accessed the pie menu for the mod...
Test Subject
#87 Old 21st Sep 2012 at 9:21 PM
Quote: Originally posted by reshiramluva2012
How do you access the pie menu that will let you choose how to control the pregnancy? I play on a mac so I was wondering how you accessed the pie menu for the mod...

The reason for my asking is because I'm kinda a newbie to the world of modding and need to be shown the ropes.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#88 Old 21st Sep 2012 at 11:25 PM
I have a question about the sex of the baby. Does it remain random? Or do I have to choose what I want. I would prefer it to stay random. Is there an option for that?

Anyway make the most awesome things. Thank you! <3
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#89 Old 22nd Sep 2012 at 2:36 AM

You install it the same way as any other mod: http://www.modthesims.info/wiki.php...g_Package_Files

Then you just click on a sim and the pregnancy options should come up like any other options.

Quote: Originally posted by Onewingedangel
I have a question about the sex of the baby. Does it remain random? Or do I have to choose what I want. I would prefer it to stay random. Is there an option for that?

As long as you don't set the sex of the baby yourself it will be chosen at random by the game in the usual way. Keep in mind that if you display pregnancy information the sex will be displayed, so if you don't want to know don't use the display info option.
Test Subject
#90 Old 22nd Sep 2012 at 6:31 PM
You install it the same way as any other mod: http://www.modthesims.info/wiki.php...g_Package_Files

Then you just click on a sim and the pregnancy options should come up like any other options.

As long as you don't set the sex of the baby yourself it will be chosen at random by the game in the usual way. Keep in mind that if you display pregnancy information the sex will be displayed, so if you don't want to know don't use the display info option.

Do you shift click or right click or left click or just click? Because I am playing on a mac and modding is new to me because I just started modding and am kind of new, sorry to sound like such a n00b.
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#91 Old 22nd Sep 2012 at 11:49 PM
Do you shift click or right click or left click or just click? Because I am playing on a mac and modding is new to me because I just started modding and am kind of new, sorry to sound like such a n00b.

Just click. When you click on a sim, don't you get options that pop up, like to talk to the sim, etc.? The pregnancy options should show up along with them.
Test Subject
#92 Old 23rd Sep 2012 at 10:43 AM
Hi CmarNYC, sorry I could not find an answer to my question so I repeat, my English is bad but I do my best. Your mod allows you to choose the sex of the baby? The trick to eating watermelons or apples did not work with the mod, it was a random event? Thanks and good work

P.S. Sorry I read now that you've added these options! The try right away. Thank you!
Test Subject
#93 Old 23rd Sep 2012 at 3:30 PM
Just click. When you click on a sim, don't you get options that pop up, like to talk to the sim, etc.? The pregnancy options should show up along with them.

yeah but for some weird unknown reason they do not appear to.
Test Subject
#94 Old 23rd Sep 2012 at 3:31 PM
yeah but for some weird unknown reason they do not appear to.

also is it in a certain interaction menu? like friendly, mean, romantic, special or something? it has kind of bewildered me.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#95 Old 23rd Sep 2012 at 4:52 PM
I don't get any options when I click on a sim? It seems awesome though!
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#96 Old 23rd Sep 2012 at 5:32 PM
@reshiramluva2012 and sleipnir: When you click on a sim you should see "Pregnancy Options". When you click on that, you should see the rest of the options.

Both of you may need to review how to install mod packages: http://www.modthesims.info/wiki.php...g_Package_Files

In particular, you need to have your mods installed in the Documents location, not the old Program Files location. If your game is set up correctly and you've installed this Pregnancy mod correctly you should get a message when you start the game telling you you have custom script mods installed and listing the Pregnancy Controller. If you don't see that message you need to go over your mods setup and fix any problems. If you see that message when your game starts but you don't get Pregnancy Options when you click on a sim, please tell me.
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#97 Old 24th Sep 2012 at 7:07 PM
Did you added the translation I made? I have a friend waiting for this translation :D
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#98 Old 24th Sep 2012 at 7:55 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Bluna The Sims
Did you added the translation I made? I have a friend waiting for this translation :D

Not yet - it involves some recoding and then testing to make sure everything works. I usually leave this kind of thing for a new version, in this case including some tuning packages. Since you have someone waiting I'll try to get it done in the next 2-3 days.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#99 Old 25th Sep 2012 at 10:36 PM
OMG TY TY TY!! I have been searching and searching for something like this! Thank you again Cmar!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#100 Old 25th Sep 2012 at 10:53 PM
Hi, I have both this and the additional file to allow teens and elders to give birth at home... Well, I have two teen Sims and one elder Sim in town (not active) as well as one active elder that won't have the baby, at home or at the hospital. They have the go to hospital choice, but the queue clears itself so they can't go to the hospital. Also, they don't get the weird faces or animation that occurs during labor, just the moodlet. Any fixes :?
Page 4 of 35