Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Servo - Default Replacement (FIXED)

by Qahne Posted 25th Nov 2019 at 2:45 AM - Updated 29th Nov 2019 at 11:40 PM by Qahne

34 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 25 Feedback Posts, 8 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 2
Instructor
THANKS POST
#2 Old 25th Nov 2019 at 4:19 AM
absolutely interesting mod!
Scholar
THANKS POST
#3 Old 25th Nov 2019 at 6:45 AM
Thank you so much for this great beauty treatment for the servos! I really don't like the type of the newly introduced kind of robot. They have a spooky head and look somehow ... abhorrent! I absolutely love your remake!
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 25th Nov 2019 at 10:40 AM
Firstly thank you so much for creating this. Is it possible for you to change the eye texture to the default Sims 2 ones?

My TS4CC can be found here https://pw-creations.tumblr.com/
Scholar
Original Poster
#5 Old 25th Nov 2019 at 10:50 AM
Quote: Originally posted by jengelbart
Firstly thank you so much for creating this. Is it possible for you to change the eye texture to the default Sims 2 ones?

Sure, I'll make an alternative version soon

Quote:
Originally Posted by jje1000
If this succeeds, then we will have driven a stake through the metaphorical heart of pudding.

♥ Receptacle Refugee ♥
Now also on Tumblr !
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#6 Old 25th Nov 2019 at 12:35 PM
thanks at least you give us different look for servos because maxis one are so generic and all the sames...
Test Subject
#7 Old 25th Nov 2019 at 9:31 PM
well there is one problem the activated servos glow purple for some reason
Scholar
Original Poster
#8 Old 25th Nov 2019 at 9:46 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Cynel
well there is one problem the activated servos glow purple for some reason

Can you attach a screenshot? Are you using Laptop Mode?

Quote:
If this succeeds, then we will have driven a stake through the metaphorical heart of pudding.

♥ Receptacle Refugee ♥
Now also on Tumblr !
Test Subject
#9 Old 25th Nov 2019 at 9:56 PM
here you go and my settings arent in laptop mode for some reason
Screenshots
Scholar
Original Poster
#10 Old 26th Nov 2019 at 12:12 AM
I've tried to replicate the issue but I can't seem able to, try clearing your cache and redownloading the mod. If it carries on pm me your graphical settings and I'll take a closer look

Quote:

♥ Receptacle Refugee ♥
Now also on Tumblr !
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#11 Old 26th Nov 2019 at 2:21 AM
I've not yet downloaded/bought "University", as I'm waiting for the next big sale, BUT I'm bookmarking this now. Can't wait to have our old friend back, especially since I've remade all my old TS2 Strangetown characters!
Scholar
Original Poster
#12 Old 26th Nov 2019 at 2:25 AM
Quote: Originally posted by BFIrrera
I've not yet downloaded/bought "University", as I'm waiting for the next big sale, BUT I'm bookmarking this now. Can't wait to have our old friend back, especially since I've remade all my old TS2 Strangetown characters!

There's a basegame version of the costume available here for while you wait

Quote:

♥ Receptacle Refugee ♥
Now also on Tumblr !
Inventor
#13 Old 26th Nov 2019 at 3:17 AM
here you go and my settings arent in laptop mode for some reason

I am also having this problem I cleared the cache and put this in as my only mod and the problem persists.
Lab Assistant
#14 Old 26th Nov 2019 at 2:08 PM
I can't find this mod in browse>ts4, weird how it doesn't show up there, only get to this page from your other servo mod.
Lab Assistant
#15 Old 26th Nov 2019 at 2:19 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ReeceBar
I can't find this mod in browse>ts4, weird how it doesn't show up there, only get to this page from your other servo mod.

Turns out I need to check off that I own the packs required so I can see them, feels like a really dumb system, any way to turn it off?
Lab Assistant
#16 Old 27th Nov 2019 at 7:07 PM
With this, (only tested with the maxis eye one) the body blinks pink and produces a last exception (caught by mcc) can you fix this? Or is it an issue on my end?
Test Subject
#17 Old 27th Nov 2019 at 7:17 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ReeceBar
With this, (only tested with the maxis eye one) the body blinks pink and produces a last exception (caught by mcc) can you fix this? Or is it an issue on my end?

your not the only one with this issue too
Lab Assistant
#18 Old 27th Nov 2019 at 8:43 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Qahne
Sure, I'll make an alternative version soon

Thank you for the alternative version! <3

My TS4CC can be found here https://pw-creations.tumblr.com/
Lab Assistant
#19 Old 27th Nov 2019 at 9:46 PM
your not the only one with this issue too

Good to know, I also tested it with the other file, seems to be broken too for me
Scholar
Original Poster
#20 Old 27th Nov 2019 at 11:23 PM
PM me your LastException files please, I'm working on figuring it out.

Quote:

♥ Receptacle Refugee ♥
Now also on Tumblr !
Lab Assistant
#21 Old 28th Nov 2019 at 6:40 AM
PM me your LastException files please, I'm working on figuring it out.

How? I don't even know how to change my profile pic again, but I do know what file you want me to send... just not how to send it :/
Scholar
Original Poster
#22 Old 28th Nov 2019 at 12:36 PM
Upload it to Pastebin or copy/paste the text in the file in a pm

Quote:

♥ Receptacle Refugee ♥
Now also on Tumblr !
Test Subject
#23 Old 28th Nov 2019 at 2:30 PM
hey I saw servos some times walk like normal sims (when they go upstairs) so do you think it would be possible to allow a servo to wear normal sims cloth?
It would allow us to have sims 3 plumbot : http://modthesims.info/d/554364/plu...-mix-match.html
Or maybe if you could make a default replacement based on plumbots too...
Lab Assistant
#24 Old 28th Nov 2019 at 3:17 PM
Upload it to Pastebin or copy/paste the text in the file in a pm

Ok I think I sent you something
Scholar
Original Poster
#25 Old 28th Nov 2019 at 7:50 PM
I've resolved the issue and uploaded a fixed version. You were both very helpful, thank you

Quote:

♥ Receptacle Refugee ♥
Now also on Tumblr !
Page 1 of 2