Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
#26 Old 2nd Jun 2015 at 7:26 PM
This theme actually fits some of the projects I was wanting to start for my first upload. Now if only I could get BodyShop to work...
Advertisement
Scholar
#27 Old 2nd Jun 2015 at 7:27 PM
Can you show us a picture of June's theme achievement button? :D
The Pathfinder
retired moderator
Original Poster
#28 Old 2nd Jun 2015 at 7:42 PM
marka93,
I'm a moderator and i have lots of things to do Give me some time. I already contacted a mod about your question,but we need another senior mod and discuss it,since it's not core ts2/ts3/ts4 related. I'll reply here as soon as i have an answer
tsyokawe,
Soon....sooon....i hope very soon When the sticker is up,don't worry - no one will be missed!
Instructor
#29 Old 2nd Jun 2015 at 9:40 PM
I've uploaded something - hope it's okay. First Sims 2 for a long long time
I do make a lot of Maxis edited stuff for all 3 games - mainly Sims 4 so I may add more as the month goes on
Scholar
#30 Old 3rd Jun 2015 at 4:29 AM
It's so perrrty!

The Pathfinder
retired moderator
Original Poster
#31 Old 3rd Jun 2015 at 7:45 AM
Thank you tsyokawe!
Julie J,it's looking nice - good work with combining the meshes.

As for those who are fairly new creators - Read our Creator Guidelines to guide you trough the upload process and the requirements. Feedback center is always there to help you with tips and tricks to make you improve your work Good luck to all!
Field Researcher
#32 Old 3rd Jun 2015 at 9:32 AM
I mainly convert EA stuff for teens and elders. Would that count as a Maxis Makeover? I have some projects I'd like to dedicate to this.

Vivi e lascia vivere.
My blog Simplex Sims for more elder and teen CC.
Constant Contestant
retired moderator
#33 Old 3rd Jun 2015 at 10:48 PM
Yes, Sim mania

Want a specific style of house or community building? Why not take a look at my profile and see what I build and then come ask me to make it!
Field Researcher
#34 Old 4th Jun 2015 at 1:04 AM
Quote: Originally posted by KarenLorraine
Yes, Sim mania

Great! Off to work and thanks for the reply

Vivi e lascia vivere.
My blog Simplex Sims for more elder and teen CC.
Top Secret Researcher
#35 Old 6th Jun 2015 at 2:38 PM
Question: For the houses, do we have to include floorplan screenshots of the original house enough to make comparisons? And what are the limitations of the makeover? I mean, I already understand the do's but what about the don'ts?
The Pathfinder
retired moderator
Original Poster
#36 Old 6th Jun 2015 at 3:52 PM
I think this is a really good example of a nicely done re-do and presentation - here by CatherineTCJD.

aisquared,
What do you mean by limitations? If you choose to re-do the whole lot to fit your needs/taste it's still fine, as long as something is left of the original. Otherwise it'll be labeled as completely new lot.If something else is bothering you,please do explain more - so we can help you and fill in the missing info
Top Secret Researcher
#37 Old 6th Jun 2015 at 5:09 PM
That's why I asked, because I think I've overdone my house makeover. I was trying to remake one of the premade houses on the lot bin in TS3, (specifically the Keystone house) and my attempt was to make it modern. That would mean changing the exteriors and replacing every window with glass windows (especially the ones from ITF). I'm afraid that would make it a whole new lot instead of just a makeover...
The Pathfinder
retired moderator
Original Poster
#38 Old 6th Jun 2015 at 5:51 PM
If the whole floor plan is untouched and you changed only the windows - that still makes it a make over. Editing the exterior/interior furnishings is fine.
Why don't you use the "Feedback center" and show us pictures of the house and how you re-made it so we can give you more accurate opinion?
Mad Poster
#39 Old 9th Jun 2015 at 1:36 PM Last edited by marka93 : 9th Jun 2015 at 2:10 PM.
@lidiqnata I have added 3 before pic's but only 2 are showing up. Ok they all show up now.

All my Beginning Hoods here at MTS. http://www.modthesims.info/member.php?u=7749491
All my Beginning Hoods as Shopping Districts plus Old Town. http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=523417
MooVille, a tribute to Mootilda and her fabulous lots http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=534158
Scholar
#40 Old 22nd Jun 2015 at 3:56 PM Last edited by aeval99 : 22nd Jun 2015 at 4:08 PM.
So basically, you can landscape, redo the furnishings, change the floors, wall coverings, windows, doors etc. or even add on a room or something, but the building still has to be recognizable as the original?

Something like this?

The Pathfinder
retired moderator
Original Poster
#41 Old 22nd Jun 2015 at 4:18 PM
Yes aeval99, otherwise it won't be labeled as an edit. The point of making an edit is to improve,not remake completely. In an actual world - you cannot change at 100% your home - you either invest in making additional rooms,change of garden,roofs etc - you work with what you get and try to improve it little by little
What you're showing is fine - you can see the old house in the front and it's looking like a nice edit.
Theorist
#42 Old 29th Jun 2015 at 7:52 PM
I've been working non-stop on my bathroom makeover but I'm not going to make the deadline but I will finish -- I just need a few more weeks. I'm sorry I won't have anything to share myself this month but I love the theme and have been enjoying everyone else's makeovers!
The Pathfinder
retired moderator
Original Poster
#43 Old 29th Jun 2015 at 8:15 PM
Don't worry "Honeywell" You'll have plenty of time for the next theme
Scholar
#44 Old 30th Jun 2015 at 6:52 PM
Here it is the last day and I have a problem with my project. For some unknown reason none of the recolors for the socialite eloquent divinity dining chair, but one, show up in the catalog when I fire up my game. I have redone them three times and still the same result. I'm beginning to feel like maybe I should just go take in-game shots of what I've finished (tables and cushions) and keep plugging along on the chairs and add them later.
What do you think?
I wanted to have them before the theme ending.

1st Place : Superb Sibling, Hearts Consume the Stars Contests
2nd place : Daddy N Me Cycle 2 Alien Edition, Sims Real Estate Contests
3rd Place : World Zombie Model Agency Contest
4th Placce : Aspiration N Me, Maxis Makeover Home Edition, My Girl, Stages of Life, SRE Cycle 2 Contests
Instructor
#45 Old 30th Jun 2015 at 10:12 PM
Like Honeywell, I just won't be able to finish any of my projects in time. Real life kind of went insane this month, but even though they won't be done in time for the monthly theme, I'll post them when they're ready. And I'll still look forward to next month's theme.

Regardless, I just want to say, "Great job!" to all those who have uploaded their fantastic makeovers this month.
The Pathfinder
retired moderator
Original Poster
#46 Old 30th Jun 2015 at 11:12 PM
"Deatherella" we do not give prizes only a sticker for participation So don't rush everything unless you really want that sticker In my opinion(if ts2 you're talking about) you'd re-check whether you're have ticked all the subsets to recolor. Again I cannot say anything specific,since i don't really know what game we're talking about and no pictures/files to test.
Tabby same goes to you,I'm pretty sure that you'll love the next theme.
Scholar
#47 Old 1st Jul 2015 at 1:15 AM
Quote: Originally posted by lidiqnata
"Deatherella" we do not give prizes only a sticker for participation So don't rush everything unless you really want that sticker In my opinion(if ts2 you're talking about) you'd re-check whether you're have ticked all the subsets to recolor. Again I cannot say anything specific,since i don't really know what game we're talking about and no pictures/files to test.
Tabby same goes to you,I'm pretty sure that you'll love the next theme.

It's the socialite chair from AL in 2. All the cushion recolors I made show up just fine, it's the frames to match the tables that don't. I've been busy with the kids all day so I haven't been able to try out my latest remake of them all. I'm starting to think they are one of those fluke-y objects where you have to have each recolor file in a separate folder for them to show up in-game. I know I have a few things from the past that only work that way.
Or are you thinking that when the subsets pop up, instead of just clicking the one for the frame, I should make recolors with the cushion and frame both? Right now, all my frames and cushions are separate recolors. Since all the cushions show up fine, the frames not doing so is confusing.

And I don't know why I called the sticker a prize. Must've needed more coffee when I wrote that.
Thanks for you response. If I can't get them to show up on my own, I'll be going for help in the create forums.

1st Place : Superb Sibling, Hearts Consume the Stars Contests
2nd place : Daddy N Me Cycle 2 Alien Edition, Sims Real Estate Contests
3rd Place : World Zombie Model Agency Contest
4th Placce : Aspiration N Me, Maxis Makeover Home Edition, My Girl, Stages of Life, SRE Cycle 2 Contests
Top Secret Researcher
#48 Old 10th Jul 2015 at 12:38 AM
I just had my first upload approved. It was posted on July 8 and tagged #thememaxis. Since I uploaded it for approval on June 25, I think it qualifies for the June theme. If you could check it I would appreciate it.
Thanks!

Need help building? Mentoring4Builders: Click Here
Get in the swim- Mermaidia
New at Simszoo
The Pathfinder
retired moderator
Original Poster
#49 Old 10th Jul 2015 at 7:58 AM
"Tuney" thanks for contacting us - achievement sticker added and I'll now add your upload to the thread Hope to see you participating in our new theme as well
Top Secret Researcher
#50 Old 12th Jul 2015 at 1:40 AM
Thank you lidiqnata, I'm a big fan!

Need help building? Mentoring4Builders: Click Here
Get in the swim- Mermaidia
New at Simszoo
Page 2 of 2