Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
#26 Old 28th Feb 2020 at 5:43 AM
I had to manually edit my SGR files too.

I used GPE (I only have Windows 10 Home, but I was able to get it working anyways) to disable auto-updates of drivers. Had enough pain with Windows Update and drivers that I'd rather just handle it myself.

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur. | Formerly known as ihatemandatoryregister

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Advertisement
Theorist
#27 Old 28th Feb 2020 at 2:45 PM
@HugeLunatic - sorry about the link you had to remove of mine.

“Seize the time... Live now! Make now always the most precious time. Now will never come again.” ― Jean-Luc Picard
Alchemist
#29 Old 22nd Sep 2020 at 4:39 PM
@kestrellyn - if you bought a laptop that handles the game well, do you mind sharing the specs?

@Bulbizarre @PenelopeT - how are things going with your RTX 2060 cards?

I'm planning to make a purchase in the next couple weeks, and because this isn't going to just be a Simming laptop, and I don't want to replace it for 5-6 years, the usual recommendations to get an older machine isn't going to work.
Scholar
#30 Old 22nd Sep 2020 at 7:11 PM
Ive tried every single method to get TS2 to work on win 10 (I own a TI 1070 though), all i get is pink flashing no matter what i did. I think the best thing to do is to buy a computer just for sims (preferably win 7 computer), get all the best parts for it that would allow it to run optimally, I was able to build mine for under $200 since all the pieces can be bought on ebay for pretty cheap. This way i never have to worry about any windows 10 updates that might mess with my computer.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#31 Old 22nd Sep 2020 at 9:21 PM
Quote: Originally posted by omglo
@kestrellyn - if you bought a laptop that handles the game well, do you mind sharing the specs?

Sure.

Dell Inspiron 7591
1x8 GB RAM stick (with room for a second stick, but no second stick currently)
512GB M.2 PCIe NVMe Solid State Drive
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 with 3GB GDDR5 graphics memory
Windows 10 Pro (64bit) English
9th Generation Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-9750H (12MB Cache, up to 4.5 GHz, 6 cores)
Theorist
#32 Old 22nd Sep 2020 at 11:18 PM
Quote: Originally posted by omglo
@PenelopeT - how are things going with your RTX 2060 cards?

Things are going just fine, and I've actually had no game issues whatsoever (since installing and making the tweaks mentioned in that posting).

“Seize the time... Live now! Make now always the most precious time. Now will never come again.” ― Jean-Luc Picard
Alchemist
#33 Old 22nd Sep 2020 at 11:41 PM
Thanks, everyone.
Field Researcher
#34 Old 27th Sep 2020 at 11:30 PM
My laptop runs it fine, with no issues aside from the bright CAS (so far only in base game AnyGame, which is probably a result of a graphics driver or Windows 10 update). I have a laptop, Asus X560UD with Intel Core i5-8250U, GTX 1050 4GB, 8GB RAM and 480GB SSD, of course with fully updated Windows 10. The only thing that I 100% needed was Graphics Rules Maker, which auto-detected best possible settings and fixed my resolution and graphics. I haven't had any pink flashing or crashes. Of course, to be safe, I also installed 4GB Patch. It seems that the newly updated GRM (from April, I think) fixes most issues with the game as far as graphics are concerned.
Page 2 of 2