Replies: 5 (Who?), Viewed: 1964 times.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 25th May 2020 at 12:34 PM
Default Only randomness is Free Challenge
This is a variant of the "Nothing is Free" Challenge (link here) and the "Random Legacy" challenge (link here). I noticed at the bottom of "Nothing is Free" it has a very basic very broad guideline to combine with a random legacy challenge I decided to combine the two challenges in a more logical way, making the lot unlocks themselves random (while still preventing impossible stuff in gen 1 and gen 2), and expanding the rules for siblings to unlock stuff to make it faster, and making so the challenge a definitive "Goal" rather then a vague one. I also modified the roles, removed "Misc. Fun" and turned the generation goals into something a bit more measurable.

Keep in mind I'm still beta testing this ruleset so it's subject to modification and stuff. Let me know what you guys thinks I know the Sims 3 is an old game so making a new challenge for it like this is weird but I'm a weird person.

As the rules here are quite long as to not overwhelm the forum I have two Google Documents prepared

Challenge Rules

Challenge Rolls
Advertisement
Test Subject
Original Poster
#2 Old 26th May 2020 at 11:09 AM
Well I'm gonna go and starting the party here and post my playthrough that I'm doing right now

Generation 1.1

Let me know what you guys think if you read it!
Test Subject
#3 Old 27th May 2020 at 3:10 PM
You know, I was looking for something to make just like this. I'm starting a huge hybrid between Build a world + Apocalypse Challenge... but now Thinking in throwing some Random legacy + Nothing is for free.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 27th May 2020 at 3:35 PM
Good to know someone else finds this idea interesting.

Update to the play-through I'm doing.

Generation 1.2
Test Subject
#5 Old 28th May 2020 at 2:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by weso12
Good to know someone else finds this idea interesting.

Update to the play-through I'm doing.

Generation 1.2

I "love" all the horses special appearances
Test Subject
Original Poster
#6 Old 29th May 2020 at 12:17 PM Last edited by weso12 : 29th May 2020 at 1:11 PM.
Thanks for the nice words

Generation 1.3