Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 16th Jul 2020 at 7:20 PM
Wary of downloading Sims 4 & S4TI on Mac Catalina
Ok so, my mac go water damage and had to be taken into the shop and they upgraded it to Mac Catalina, unfortunately...

I redownloaded the Sims 4 and all my packs and thankfully had my custom content and saves saved to my iCloud. But then I remembered I needed the Sims 4 Tray Importer if I was going to delete a lot of broken cc so the Sims wouldn't completely ruin my computer's battery (again). I downloaded it and it said it could not open, no biggie, I went and saw that I needed to download this Mono framework thing. I download it, and still S4TI won't open. When I go to System Preferences and try to open the file (since it warned that it was downloaded from the Internet..) and then got kind of nervous because the warning was all like "Are you sure???? This may have a virus!!!!" so I was like eh I don't wanna risk it.

Then I figured I would uninstall the Mono framework thing. I look up how to do it, and go to Terminal and type this one command (without seeing that I needed to type three), and Terminal starts spamming me and asking permission to access Downloads and Photos and Documents and stuff, and then Origin spams me asking stuff, and even if I press ok on the notification it just keeps coming... So I restart my computer. When I try to boot it up again, it just loads forever and ever... So I start it up in recovery mode and try to do some First Aid, to no avail. Then I say eff it and reinstall Mac OS X on my computer.

So here I am, my iCloud finally being backed up, and I have the unquenchable urge to play the Sims 4. But then I would need to download S4TI, and the Mono Framework. I'm worried that the framework is like not up to date with Catalina or something, or that the S4TI isn't either. I'm thinking I should just install them both and then go to my System Preferences and allow S4TI to open from my Privacy setting if it allows me... I could download the Sims 4 on my PC but I would want my mods and saves and tray folder... I tried to zip up my Mods folder and yeah... that ain't gonna happen. So what should I do??? Sorry if this post has been unclear but I'm just lost and wanna play the Sims 4 again
Advertisement
Scholar
#2 Old 16th Jul 2020 at 8:44 PM
I'm sorry for not reading it all, but why would you need the tray importer?
you can use Sims4Studio to both view and delete the unwanted cc if you just click on the My CC button on the main page
https://sims4studio.com/thread/6065...le-blossom-open
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 16th Jul 2020 at 9:15 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Keren
I'm sorry for not reading it all, but why would you need the tray importer?
you can use Sims4Studio to both view and delete the unwanted cc if you just click on the My CC button on the main page
https://sims4studio.com/thread/6065...le-blossom-open

Omg really? Will it show me like the individual household with custom content and like the thumbnails?
Scholar
#4 Old 16th Jul 2020 at 11:04 PM
Quote: Originally posted by acandal
Omg really? Will it show me like the individual household with custom content and like the thumbnails?

No, it doesn't show the sims who use the cc, only the cc itself on a default model
if you're trying to look for a specific cc a specific sim is wearing it might be difficult with that program, depends on how much cc you've got and if you know which cc you're looking for..
but if you only want to sort out your cc and decide what you want to get rid of, you can definitely use it for that.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 17th Jul 2020 at 3:29 AM
Ok, that'll probably work for me for now... If cc is broken will it show up messed up on a model or no?
Forum Resident
#6 Old 25th Jul 2020 at 7:52 PM
fyi: the sims 4 tray importer is safe for mac. I get the same error message on my pc for that AND for sims4studio. never had a problem - but I do have to add the caveat that you should only download them from the original site because it seems a lot of weird download sites have now glommed onto those downloads.
Test Subject
#7 Old 4th Aug 2020 at 3:48 PM
S4TI is not a native mac app, that's why it require the Mono Framework to make it run on mac, but both are safe for your mac.
If you have trouble to make it run on mac, take a look here: https://luniversims.com/forums/topi...shooting-macos/