Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 13th Aug 2020 at 1:36 PM Last edited by TheHuman20020 : 13th Aug 2020 at 5:12 PM.
Default The Sims 4 Intro
Hi, this is my first post so I may be using the wrong forum (also if ther are some errors in my spelling it's because english is not my first language)

You remember that ea logo that appeared when you opened sims 2/3( This intro )? Because I do, and I love that intro and I want to change sims 4 intro to that one, but I can't seem to find the intro video anywhere (it's not in the package files or anything, I checked). So if anyone knows where to find that video help would be very appreciated. Thanks.

Edit: I think I need tospecify that the video I want to find is the one from sims 4 in the game files so that I can change it, I'm clarifying this because I read the post again and it looks I'm looking for the 2/3 intro video, which would be weird since I linked to that video , so just to make that clear.
Advertisement
Scholar
#2 Old 13th Aug 2020 at 7:40 PM
Perhaps you can use this mod as a guide/reference/base?
https://modthesims.info/d/532966/no-intro.html
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 14th Aug 2020 at 12:52 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Keren
Perhaps you can use this mod as a guide/reference/base?
https://modthesims.info/d/532966/no-intro.html

Thank you very much, I saw the "how it works" part and now I Know what to replaces
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 14th Aug 2020 at 10:50 PM
Now I'm having *another* problem, I replaced the EA and Maxis intro with the Sims 2/3 one but when I launch the game the video just won't play (the game skips it and plays the sims 4 logo spinning plumbob video) like it didn't support it, which I don't get because I edited the line in the package that I had to edit and double checked the video was there but it's like the game recognized it as not the original video. I even tried editing the No Intro mod putting the 2/3 video there, but nothing has worked yet. I really need help .
Scholar
#5 Old 15th Aug 2020 at 6:30 AM
Which game did the original video come from, TS4 and TS3 share the same Codecs, so no recompression is needed, but not the TS2, or mostly any other video, now what your doing applies the same for Custom TV Channels, there is some tools you need to convert it to the correct format so TS4 can read them.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#6 Old 15th Aug 2020 at 6:27 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Citysim
Which game did the original video come from, TS4 and TS3 share the same Codecs, so no recompression is needed, but not the TS2, or mostly any other video, now what your doing applies the same for Custom TV Channels, there is some tools you need to convert it to the correct format so TS4 can read them.
so that's the problem... huh, thank you very much, I will try that.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#7 Old 15th Aug 2020 at 10:28 PM
I Made it and if anyone wants to do this to their game I will upload the mod here
Staff - Moderator
staff: moderator
#8 Old 16th Aug 2020 at 4:13 AM
Quote: Originally posted by TheHuman20020
I Made it and if anyone wants to do this to their game I will upload the mod here

When you wish to share custom content you have created it needs to be submitted for moderation and not posted in the forums. At the top of the screen you will see the word "upload" -click on it and it will drop down a menu that has severeal listings including creator guidelines . When you feel you have met the criteria for your particular submission, select the "upload items" button also located under the upload heading at the top of the screen.