Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 2nd Sep 2020 at 2:46 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations, Pets, Showtime, Supernatural, Seasons, University Life, Island Paradise
Default Odd colors in Hylewood custom world
Hello,
I am having an issue with some graphics/colors while playing in Hylewood. At least I think it's just Hylewood. This isn't happening in my other custom world that I play. (I don't really play EA worlds.) Not all patterns or objects seem to have this purple-ish glow. There are some sidings (not custom) and some windows (custom) that this occurs with.

I reworked Hylewood in CaW using the files provided by the creator. This world has custom colors on the trees and bushes and not sure if this has anything to do with this issue. Also not sure if the lighting or whatever it has transfers when you export this world after changing it in Caw.

The images below show the same building in Hylewood and then in my other custom world. I put this lot in various spots in both worlds, with shady trees and in full sun and it seems to not matter, the colors are still weird.

I appreciate any help with this as it's really driving me crazy. (It's the little things that bug me most)
(First image - Hylewood / Second image - not Hylewood)
Screenshots
Advertisement
Top Secret Researcher
#2 Old 2nd Sep 2020 at 6:51 AM
When saving a world in CAW not all lighting/weather inis are saved which can indeed lead to weird effects. But this would have affected your version right from the start. If this happens suddenly it is usually something related to your mods folder, especially if it only affects specific sidings and windows. Did you add any new mod? Or change anything about your mods folder? I also assume you already tried to delete the cache files (including world caches)?
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#3 Old 2nd Sep 2020 at 7:55 AM
Hi Norn!
I delete the cache files before playing. I do delete world caches but not all the time. The only thing I've added is store fix/decrap packages which I know are a bit wonky. And I recently merged some package files (just some plants and clothes). I added nraas Saver mod a month or two ago. Other then a few cc pieces, that's it.
I've played around with Hylewood years ago and don't recall this happening. That was ages ago. The thing is, it doesn't seem to be affecting my other world. You recall Victoria Fair? Everything looks normal in that world. Is there a way to remove the lighting/weather inis, whatever that is? I do have my old version of Hylewood and I'm going to load it up and see what it looks like.
Thanks so much for your response!
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#4 Old 2nd Sep 2020 at 8:37 AM
Well, I used Velocitygrass to remove the specular on this window w/shutters. I guess the object is just really shiny? I'm glad it worked on this window (it's my favorite) so at least this might help with my annoyance. I know some of the ea sidings are pretty awful but I don't know... they seem to get weird when I recolor them. I don't know if you can change specular and whatnot on wall coverings?
I appreciate your time, Norn! Thanks!
Screenshots
Lab Assistant
#5 Old 12th Nov 2020 at 10:31 PM