Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 12th Aug 2020 at 8:23 PM
Default pink/purple dot
since a short while i get a pink dot on my screen when i want to try the odd jobs, it let me go to it and call then i get a messed up odd jobs screen with a big pink dot
i have looked back when there was a a porblem with that, and the ui extension mod is up to date,i don`t have have any skill cheat mods that are out of date,i have re downloaded the game ectra ,btw it start showing the pink dot after 2 a 3 day`s playing,when the game start everything is okay.

If it ain`t Dutch it ain`t much
keep your friends close but your enemies closer
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#2 Old 13th Aug 2020 at 3:02 AM
nobody has a clue?

If it ain`t Dutch it ain`t much
keep your friends close but your enemies closer
Field Researcher
#3 Old 19th Sep 2020 at 7:40 PM
I have the dot too. Anytime I click on something that has a pop up options window like...assign bed to, buy books, pick sims to go out with you....

Quote: Originally posted by larsV
since a short while i get a pink dot on my screen when i want to try the odd jobs, it let me go to it and call then i get a messed up odd jobs screen with a big pink dot
i have looked back when there was a problem with that, and the ui extension mod is up to date,i don`t have have any skill cheat mods that are out of date,i have re downloaded the game ectra ,btw it start showing the pink dot after 2 a 3 day`s playing,when the game start everything is okay.

Check out my Apocalypse Challenge attempt @ ditzyekko.blogspot.com
Scholar
#4 Old 20th Sep 2020 at 5:50 AM
Check your mods..
anything that adds a sim/object picker is a suspect.. also anything that messes with the game's UI : traits, careers, aspirations, UI Cheats, More CAS Columns, etc..
all required an update for the knitting patch (for Plopsy reasons..)
Field Researcher
#5 Old 21st Sep 2020 at 10:46 PM
Could it be MC Command Center? I can't live without it

Quote: Originally posted by Keren
Check your mods..
anything that adds a sim/object picker is a suspect.. also anything that messes with the game's UI : traits, careers, aspirations, UI Cheats, More CAS Columns, etc..
all required an update for the knitting patch (for Plopsy reasons..)

Scholar
#6 Old 22nd Sep 2020 at 5:40 AM
Quote: Originally posted by DitzyEkko
Could it be MC Command Center? I can't live without it

MCCC updated already for the most recent patch.. so go redownload if you haven't yet.

if you're not already you should most definitely join MCCC discord server (even if you didn't have MCCC installed)
and keep track on their #mods news channel where they post about everything that breaks or updates, including known game bugs, and of course, MCCC updates as well.
keep an eye on it especially after patches when the reports are coming in.. (it can take between a few hours to a few days for most main mods to be updated).
Field Researcher
#7 Old 28th Sep 2020 at 3:24 PM
I figured out what it was in my game. Its the UI Cheats Extension. It has been updated and I just reinstalled. Working great now

Scholar
#8 Old 29th Sep 2020 at 8:27 AM
Well, it was on my list of UI mods you should check, in my first comment here..
glad you got it sorted