Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 23rd Sep 2020 at 4:06 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3
Default How do you delete books your Sim has written?
I'm trying to figure out a way to completely remove certain books (written by my Sim) from the game. I downloaded a mod that lets me delete the book itself, but the name of the book is still saved somewhere in the game's memory. I know this because I tried starting a new book with the same name and it wouldn't let me.

So does anyone know how to completely erase the game's memory of a particular book? Or even where the file for that is? Thanks in advance!
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#3 Old 23rd Sep 2020 at 1:27 PM
That seems a bit drastic to me. If you have NRaas MasterController Cheats you can go Sim-> Advanced -> Books -> Purge Written Books

I've never tried it though and it seems like you will lost ALL written books for this sim... would this be a problem for you?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 23rd Sep 2020 at 2:47 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Smyrrna
That seems a bit drastic to me. If you have NRaas MasterController Cheats you can go Sim-> Advanced -> Books -> Purge Written Books

I've never tried it though and it seems like you will lost ALL written books for this sim... would this be a problem for you?

Well no, I did that already, and was able to only purge one book at a time. But then when I try to start another book with the same title, the game doesn't let me. It somehow still remembers that he wrote that book.