Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 24th Nov 2014 at 1:12 AM
How do I get a clean installer on a mac?! PLEASE HELP AND RESPOND ASAP <3
Hello everyone! :3 I was doing a lot of research on this and couldn't find ANYTHING, i have been looking for an hour.. So I was just wondering if anyone could help me as soon as possible, I would beyond appreciate it... Ok so. How do I get a Clean Installer on mac? I bought the sims 2 super collection from the app store and I need to download custom content but when I download custom content it says this "The content requires Expansion pack data that is not installed". and it says to use a Clean Installer but I can't find any clean installers for mac.. There has to be a solution please someone help me! It works for some custom content but not others ... Is there ANYWAY I can get a Clean Installer for mac even something similar that would work? Thank you all for taking your time to read this smiles x -Carly
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 24th Nov 2014 at 1:30 AM
Clean Installer won't help with this. You need to check what expansions the CC is compatible with.

Read all of the FAQs here: http://simswiki.info/wiki.php?title..._Custom_Content

What kind of custom content are you trying to install? Sims? Houses? Hair? Clothing? Objects? etc.

I use the sims as a psychology simulator...
Forum Resident
#3 Old 24th Nov 2014 at 2:48 AM
Quote: Originally posted by carlymichellexo
Hello everyone! :3 I was doing a lot of research on this and couldn't find ANYTHING, i have been looking for an hour.. So I was just wondering if anyone could help me as soon as possible, I would beyond appreciate it... Ok so. How do I get a Clean Installer on mac? I bought the sims 2 super collection from the app store and I need to download custom content but when I download custom content it says this "The content requires Expansion pack data that is not installed". and it says to use a Clean Installer but I can't find any clean installers for mac.. There has to be a solution please someone help me! It works for some custom content but not others ... Is there ANYWAY I can get a Clean Installer for mac even something similar that would work? Thank you all for taking your time to read this smiles x -Carly

Carly, try the Mac UnPac. I think it's a lot less fully-featured than the CleanInstaller but better than nothing. You can find it here:
http://forum.jfade.com/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=456

Edited to add:
Also, nothing that requires Freetime, Apartment Life, Mansions and Gardens, or most of the stuff packs will work, period. The highest EP a Mac user can use is Bon Voyage, so choose your CC with that in mind.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#4 Old 24th Nov 2014 at 3:11 AM
Clean Installer is only for the PC, so unless you have a windows partition you will need some other way to instal content.

This might be helpful. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xv5ETkC-P1g

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#5 Old 24th Nov 2014 at 4:01 AM
First the Sims 2 Complete Collection for Mac is not the same as Sims 2 Ultimate Collection for PC for you are missing a few EP/SP's.

This is what is included in Mac edition.
Expansions
•University
•Nightlife
•Open for Business
•Pets
•Seasons
•Bon Voyage

Stuff Packs
•Family Fun Stuff
•Glamour Life Stuff
•Happy Holiday Stuff

So for mods and CC to work it has to be for these EP's and SP's with Bon Voyage as the main mods and cc that can be used.
You must check each and every mod/cc that you want to use and check the list to make sure it will work with your game setup.

All my Beginning Hoods here at MTS. http://www.modthesims.info/member.php?u=7749491
All my Beginning Hoods as Shopping Districts plus Old Town. http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=523417
MooVille, a tribute to Mootilda and her fabulous lots http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=534158
Mad Poster
#6 Old 24th Nov 2014 at 4:21 AM
Another very, very useful thing to do, would be to update your profile on here, so whenever you are looking for Custom Contents, this site shows you only what your game can have, according to what EP's & SP's you own.

User Tools/ User Control Panel/Settings & Options/Edit profile

Then scroll dow a bit.
You'll see :
Sims 2 Games Purchased...
check the ones you have.

Sims 2 Stuff Packs Purchased..
do the same.

Don't forget to save your new information.

Now, you are ready to browse this site.

Je mange des girafes et je parle aussi français !...surtout :0)

Find all my old MTS Uploads, on my SFS, And all new uploads Here . :)
Top Secret Researcher
#7 Old 24th Nov 2014 at 11:31 PM
There are some expansion packs and stuff packs that were never ported to the Mac, so Mac users will not be able to play them. They include FreeTime and Apartment Life.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#8 Old 25th Nov 2014 at 2:45 AM
Default :)
Oh awesome! Thank you very much x... the only thing is i get my custom content from tumblr sometimes everything works besides when i upload sims and I am trying to upload sims

Quote: Originally posted by Rosebine
Another very, very useful thing to do, would be to update your profile on here, so whenever you are looking for Custom Contents, this site shows you only what your game can have, according to what EP's & SP's you own.

User Tools/ User Control Panel/Settings & Options/Edit profile

Then scroll dow a bit.
You'll see :
Sims 2 Games Purchased...
check the ones you have.

Sims 2 Stuff Packs Purchased..
do the same.

Don't forget to save your new information.

Now, you are ready to browse this site.
Test Subject
#9 Old 21st Sep 2020 at 8:42 PM
Hey - has anyone found a solution on how to add packs to sims 2 on mac please?
Scholar
#10 Old 21st Sep 2020 at 9:48 PM
Hi, I play Sims 2 on the Mac. I think you are trying to add packaged files, like maybe lots? This took me a while to figure out, too. What you need is the Sims 2 Package Installer. It is a free download from Aspyr. You get it when you get the Body Shop. So when you first start up the game, while it's on the initial screen, you'll see an option to get the Body Shop. Click that--I think you have to register--and then download and install it. It should come with the Package Installer. Then when you download a packaged lot, you can double-click it and the Package Installer will automatically open and install it for you.

I believe this is what you're looking for. Hope this helps.