Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 5th Sep 2020 at 10:21 AM
Default Game doesn't work after update
Hi Everyone,

After the last origin update today my game doesn't work anymore.
The task bar is weird and pose player doesn't work anymore.

Anyone else expierenced this problem ?
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#2 Old 5th Sep 2020 at 11:57 AM Last edited by rorsdors : 6th Sep 2020 at 8:42 AM.
Update: loaded up my game, tons of problems. It's the latest update and mod conficts. You/I need to update our mods. Seem to spend most of my life doing that than enjoying the game and all for a star wars pac I have no interest in!! Damn the force.
I haven't, but usually it means some mod is in conflict with game itself. Take out your mod folder and delete your localthumbcache and launch the game again. If it is fine it means your going to have put in the mods 'til you come across the mod that is in conflict. If your game IS still not working after you've taken out the mod folder you go into origin/game library/the sims 4/settings option to repair the game. Hope this helps.
Instructor
#3 Old 5th Sep 2020 at 12:05 PM
If not a mod or cc and you have the latest Windows 10 updates too you might need to check your security settings and allow Sims 4 to pass the firewall in Defender. That happened to me last week. They seem to have mucked about with security settings again in Windows 10. I found the Sims 4 start exe that was listed as recently refused, as a problem, just sitting there ready to be added.

I had no problems after reading your post and starting up Origin and sims 4 today.

It might be one of those things that EA/Maxis usually sort out with Origin & Microsoft before updating and forgot. It's the only time I've ever had a problem, except with very old games.

PS: There is an Origin error reporter on the list of programs that you can use to report to Origin. You get a number and the details get sent to them if you need a techie's support later.
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 7th Sep 2020 at 12:12 AM Last edited by GothicGyrl : 7th Sep 2020 at 2:57 AM.
On an Imac, had to remove the Mods folder out of the EAGame folder and now things load. My screen just went black with mods in it. Now I get to move mods back one at a time to see which ones are borked.

*removed mods folder, game works.
*removed last two mods downloaded today, game does not work
* put mods folder back just because, game does not work

The game is unplayable without mods. I am a builder, I build. And I have a mods folder of 1.9 gigs worth of mods (1,333 items). OMG.. why did they break it?

ETA: I just went through ALL of my mods and alphabetically, moved them and tested them. I have but a small few that caused the black screen. The rest worked. But yeah, they broke the modding system, big time.
Field Researcher
#5 Old 8th Sep 2020 at 11:44 AM
Quote: Originally posted by GothicGyrl
On an Imac, had to remove the Mods folder out of the EAGame folder and now things load. My screen just went black with mods in it. Now I get to move mods back one at a time to see which ones are borked.

*removed mods folder, game works.
*removed last two mods downloaded today, game does not work
* put mods folder back just because, game does not work

The game is unplayable without mods. I am a builder, I build. And I have a mods folder of 1.9 gigs worth of mods (1,333 items). OMG.. why did they break it?

ETA: I just went through ALL of my mods and alphabetically, moved them and tested them. I have but a small few that caused the black screen. The rest worked. But yeah, they broke the modding system, big time.

This is a link to a page on the broken content : https://forums.thesims.com/en_us/di...sw-jb-sept-2020
Well done on finding the files that were borked!
Test Subject
#6 Old 8th Sep 2020 at 3:30 PM
I'm glad most of my mods are cosmetics and clothes. >.>
Test Subject
#7 Old 27th Sep 2020 at 7:52 PM
Default old mod Ui cheat
Quote: Originally posted by Rachelle1990
Hi Everyone,

After the last origin update today my game doesn't work anymore.
The task bar is weird and pose player doesn't work anymore.

Anyone else expierenced this problem ?

i deleted the UI cheat and then it was just fine it wasn't updated yet and bc off that it's going to mess with the game i think it's a update on it now but i think you only need MCC commmander
Instructor
#8 Old 30th Sep 2020 at 6:51 PM
Quote: Originally posted by MrsHoedown
i deleted the UI cheat and then it was just fine it wasn't updated yet and bc off that it's going to mess with the game i think it's a update on it now but i think you only need MCC commmander

It's MCCC that's causing Batuu people to wander around in the Home world apparently, according to the Gurus so maybe that needs to be updated too.