Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 16th Sep 2020 at 7:07 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations, Pets, Supernatural, Seasons, University Life, Island Paradise, Into the Future
Default Reoccuring female aging problems
... for my sims, not for me

So when I play a longer game, it happens inevitably sooner or later:

- one female sims is unable to make the age transition (short start of the celebration, then the interaction stops and she moves on with something else as if nothing has happened)
- "natural" aging or cake or "trigger age transition" by NRaas MC doesn't make any difference
- after that the "edit in CAS" option in NRaas MC is unavailable (it is just vanished for this sim)
- after resetting the sim, the option is back and the age can be changed in CAS manually, no problems after that (until the next age transition of course)
- after the reset the sims is always in different clothes with different hairstyle
- when one sim starts, all other female sims of my household will have the same problem for each age transition teen or higher
- aging down via potion is also affected: short sparkles effect, no change of age
- I've experienced this bug also for CC free sims

It has never happend for:
- male sims
- age transitions before child -> teen

Can be fixed by:
- starting a new save and moving the household via bin (losing all relationships of course)

I usually play in overstuffed households and I'm not quite sure at the moment if this problem ever occurred in a household with <8 sims in it...

Has anyone experienced this and knows a procedure to "heal" the save? At the moment I just work around by CAS aging all females from this point on, which is a bit annoying and not satisfying for my poor birthdayless simmies.

Thank you very much for all your input on this
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 16th Sep 2020 at 8:13 PM
Thank you for your quick answer! Do you think more like hair/clothes or script/tuning mods?

As the bug sometimes only occures after weeks of gameplay (I cannot play often or for a longer time a day) the usual 50/50 method seems impossible to do. Do you think it makes sense to wait until the bug occures and then remove mods in portions? I'm afraid that the problem would stick in the save even after removing the offending mod, don't you think?

And can I savely exclude NRaas mods from the list of suspects? I think the problem would be more common if any of them caused it.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#5 Old 21st Sep 2020 at 8:50 PM
Sorry for the late response, I couldn't get to my desktop pc and wasn't quite sure... I've pretty much all of the 'must-haves' from the NRaas suite, so ErrorTrap is present and up to date as well as Overwatch, some Storyprogression, MC DebugEnabler...

For the other mods, I couldn't identify many suspicious mod by just reading the names, the only one is a "same lifespan for supernaturals" thingy... I mostly have cooking and toddler stuff :-D I think I will start with a newly generated Sims3 folder and NRaas mods only... oh dear! This will stay a mystery forever (like my disobedient world adventures food registers )