Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 5th Apr 2022 at 9:37 PM
Default Edges are jagged
I have all of my settings on max for best possible graphics, but everything still has jagged edges. I also have Graphics Rules Maker and made changes to the Graphics Rules file - https://drive.google.com/file/d/1W1...iew?usp=sharing
Advertisement
Scholar
#2 Old 6th Apr 2022 at 4:29 PM
There is a way to force your game to accept your graphics card and not the game's card.
Go into the Logs file in your game in the documents folder, where it says "DESKTOP-0NP1P7S-config-log.txt" (remove the quotation marks)
Right click and open it.
It should read higher than 1042.
I changed mine to 2048, but it can go much higher.
So far I haven't been able to change it from 2048.

There is also a tutorial I found but I have to look up the thread here.

As far as the jagged edges, the monitor I used that had the smoothest appearance was a Dell Infinity monitor.
Other monitors have had some jagged edges no matter how high the graphics enabled.
I'll try to find the tutorial for the memory.
If someone else finds it sooner, they can maybe help you quicker than I can ?
I'll google it and see what I can find.
Again, my sims still show a small amount of jagged edges.
It's not too noticeable unless I zoom way in.

" Inama Nushif "
Scholar
#3 Old 6th Apr 2022 at 4:35 PM
Here are some links that helped the game to accept more custom content and also smoothed out some of the jagged edges :
(Again, the monitor quality makes a difference)

www.leefish.nl/mybb/showthread.php?tid=6970

www.leefish.nl/mybb/showthread.php?tid=9648

" Inama Nushif "
Mad Poster
#4 Old 6th Apr 2022 at 5:00 PM Last edited by simmer22 : 6th Apr 2022 at 5:14 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by Tleilaxu3
There is a way to force your game to accept your graphics card and not the game's card.
Go into the Logs file in your game in the documents folder, where it says "DESKTOP-0NP1P7S-config-log.txt" (remove the quotation marks)
Right click and open it.
It should read higher than 1042.
I changed mine to 2048, but it can go much higher.
So far I haven't been able to change it from 2048.

The config log is only a log file that shows which graphics the last run of the game (or Bodyshop/Homecrafter) had. Changing anything in the log file itself won't do anything for the game. You have to do the changes in the GraphicRules file(s) for each program (or, depending on which changes they are, in a couple other files).

For that particular memory issue, using the 4GB patch or the CFF Explorer tool is usually what's needed to set the main memory to 4GB (4096 MB) and the texture memory is done in the GraphicRules (manually or with the GRM).

---

For jagged edges, you first need to make sure the "smooth edges" isn't greyed out ingame. If you're sure this one is enabled (GraphicRules need to be properly enabled to read your graphic card/chip) and turned on high, that's probably the best you can get it with just ingame settings.

Could be helpful if you posted a picture of how jagged the edges are - a certain amount could just be normal (it's an old game, the graphics aren't perfect, and even with "the best possible" graphics, there's some jagged edges here and there), while very jagged means the settings aren't properly enabled. A few pictures would help distinguish between the two.

Some graphic cards have separate settings that could potentially help a bit with the edges if you have everything properly enabled and it's just the last bit of "annoyance" jagged edges. iCad has a small tutorial that shows some of what you can do with the settings if you have a DECENT Nvidia graphic card (it's possible something similar works with other brands, too) - https://dramallamadingdang.tumblr.c...y-mind-is-blown.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#5 Old 29th Apr 2022 at 12:25 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Tleilaxu3
Here are some links that helped the game to accept more custom content and also smoothed out some of the jagged edges :
(Again, the monitor quality makes a difference)

www.leefish.nl/mybb/showthread.php?tid=6970

www.leefish.nl/mybb/showthread.php?tid=9648

Sorry, I forgot about this thread. Thanks! I will take your advice and check the game. Update coming...
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#6 Old 29th Apr 2022 at 12:25 AM
Quote: Originally posted by simmer22
The config log is only a log file that shows which graphics the last run of the game (or Bodyshop/Homecrafter) had. Changing anything in the log file itself won't do anything for the game. You have to do the changes in the GraphicRules file(s) for each program (or, depending on which changes they are, in a couple other files).

For that particular memory issue, using the 4GB patch or the CFF Explorer tool is usually what's needed to set the main memory to 4GB (4096 MB) and the texture memory is done in the GraphicRules (manually or with the GRM).

---

For jagged edges, you first need to make sure the "smooth edges" isn't greyed out ingame. If you're sure this one is enabled (GraphicRules need to be properly enabled to read your graphic card/chip) and turned on high, that's probably the best you can get it with just ingame settings.

Could be helpful if you posted a picture of how jagged the edges are - a certain amount could just be normal (it's an old game, the graphics aren't perfect, and even with "the best possible" graphics, there's some jagged edges here and there), while very jagged means the settings aren't properly enabled. A few pictures would help distinguish between the two.

Some graphic cards have separate settings that could potentially help a bit with the edges if you have everything properly enabled and it's just the last bit of "annoyance" jagged edges. iCad has a small tutorial that shows some of what you can do with the settings if you have a DECENT Nvidia graphic card (it's possible something similar works with other brands, too) - https://dramallamadingdang.tumblr.c...y-mind-is-blown.

Sorry, I forgot about this thread. Thanks! I will take your advice and check the game. Update coming...