Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 5th Jul 2022 at 5:58 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, Nightlife, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage
Default The Sims 2 Super Collection - Package Installer
Hi, I am new to Mac, so don't laugh if what I say is not making sense. I am still learning to navigate and understand the computer. I have a MacBook air 13 and am a huge sims lover, I have played my whole life and stumbled across the sims2 super collection in the app store, so of course, I immediately bought it and started going on my CC hunting spree. Still, I am stuck when trying to download sims from ANY site; the message error reads, "This content requires Expansion Pack data that is not installed." Does anyone know how to avoid this? I have read on some forums to download the sims 2 clean pack installer, which I had on my HP computer. Still, it seems like mac won't allow me to download it because it is trying to extract the installer, and there seems to not be another way to open it (unless I am doing it wrong) will someone please help! Thank you.
Advertisement
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#2 Old 5th Jul 2022 at 11:24 PM
You do need Clean Installer. I think Mac's use Mac UnPac?

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#3 Old 6th Jul 2022 at 12:43 PM
I think Mac Unpac was for the older Macs (Power PC).
Instructor
#4 Old 4th Sep 2022 at 4:49 AM
simsample is right - MacUnpac hasn’t been compatible with MacOS for a while. I just got the same error with the Sims2 Package Installer from Super Collection while trying to install custom pets. That said, I do have Parallels and can use Clean Installer that way—I was able to get these files to unpack by doing a custom install directly into the PetBreed bin. If other Mac users have the same issue in the future, I am open to converting files! DM me for help.