Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 25th Aug 2022 at 4:58 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Sim disappeared off his business lot - Help!
Sims2 Ultimate collection.

The other day I was playing my (just aged to elder - not sure if that is important) sim on his business lot. He disappeared. Previous to this I have not had any issues. Now I cannot enter the family home and when I go to the business site it is in the buy mode. This sim does show up in the game, he and his family will go to visit if invited to other sim homes. I have no idea how to "fix" this. I also cannot delete either lot so that are basically just there ;(

Help? tia!
Advertisement
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#2 Old 25th Aug 2022 at 11:44 PM
Can't you go to his home lot and have a family member teleport him back?

If you haven't teleported a sim before there are many mods with that function, simblender, insiminator, simwardrobe jar, simlogical cat, Christianlove mirror. Or are you saying he doesn't show on the menu of any teleporter?

I would also be running Hood Checker after you got him back.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 26th Aug 2022 at 12:53 PM
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
Can't you go to his home lot and have a family member teleport him back?

If you haven't teleported a sim before there are many mods with that function, simblender, insiminator, simwardrobe jar, simlogical cat, Christianlove mirror. Or are you saying he doesn't show on the menu of any teleporter?

I would also be running Hood Checker after you got him back.

No - I cannot get into his home. I assume because the home lot is not playable when a sim is on their business lot. I am also not familiar with teleporting as you suggest.

What is the hood checker?

Thanks in advance - I appreciate your help!
Alchemist
#4 Old 26th Aug 2022 at 2:32 PM
Hmm, I wonder if your sim died on the lot? The game should have returned you to the home lot though.

The HoodChecker is here.

Otherwise, you might need to try summoning the sim from a different lot, not the home lot. Do you have a back up of your neighborhood at all? If running HoodChecker doesn't find anything, I'd recommend restoring to a backup because I highly doubt that, even if the sim was summoned you'd be able to get into the home lot.

But you could try it. From another lot, see if you can move the problem sim in, and if that clears the problem. If you can't move the sim in, try with cheats, like Jo described above. As she mentioned, there's many mods with this feature.

I recommend the updated Sim Blender by PickNMixSims. The original is available in the Simbology archives here, under twojeffs' mods (pick the folder for your highest EP) if you want to look up the original mod description. Or I recommend using the Sim Manipulator, which does All the Things. Except for maybe skill limiting, it'll do pretty much everything the Sim Blender does and more, but it's menu just isn't as good as the Sim Blender's, imo. But I could just think that because of years of habit.

Anyway, on those cheat objects, you'll see an option to either "Summon" or "Teleport." That's what you're looking for; I forget which object uses which terminology but both have great mod descriptions so you should be able to figure it out.

"May the sunlight find you, thy days be long, thy winters kind, thy roots be strong." -Grand Oak Tree, DAO

XPTL Mod Archive | Change a Mod's Mesh into a CC Object | Increasing the Game Difficulty | Editing ACR 4 Your Age Mod
Bored? Read an unfinished legacy or sim story. | aka Kelyns | she/her
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#5 Old 26th Aug 2022 at 2:40 PM
He should know other sims being a business owner, so you can load them and teleport him there and move him in. Then you should be able to load his family lot.

Hood Checker is for mopping up any corruption/misread data, keeping your hood running. Make a backup then run Hood Checker telling it to check, see what it says. Then run again telling it to remove and check again.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#6 Old 30th Aug 2022 at 1:44 AM
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
He should know other sims being a business owner, so you can load them and teleport him there and move him in. Then you should be able to load his family lot.

Hood Checker is for mopping up any corruption/misread data, keeping your hood running. Make a backup then run Hood Checker telling it to check, see what it says. Then run again telling it to remove and check again.

I ran the hood checker, but it doesn't seem to cover all of the expansions.

I don't understand how this teleporting is supposed to work? Help ?
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#7 Old 30th Aug 2022 at 3:34 AM
Quote: Originally posted by momshavinfun
I ran the hood checker, but it doesn't seem to cover all of the expansions.

I don't understand how this teleporting is supposed to work? Help ?

What do you mean by "doesn't seem to cover all of the expansions."?

Well you use a teleporter, I like the simwardrobe jar because it divides sims up into groups meaning sims are easier to find. I think the insiminator also divides them up. Something like the simblender only has names. There is also the simlogical cat and others. You will need to download a teleporter or a mod like simblender with teleport functions. As a sims 2 player you do want one of these.

You find your sim listed on the teleprter and click their name and they will teleport right there to that lot. You can then move them in. I like the simlogical cat or some other mod with that function. Again you just find their name on it and select what you want, in this case it would be 'move in'. There isn't anything more to it really.
After moving them in you then have your sim back so you can move them back out and do what you like with them.

~Call me Jo~