Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 26th Aug 2022 at 8:35 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default SimPE says Herb Oldie has 65535 days left to live?
Hi! So I decided to check SimPE to see how much time Herb had left as his aging bar looked full, but it says he has 65535 days left? Is he immortal or should I just keep playing until he dies? Thanks
Screenshots
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 27th Aug 2022 at 2:42 AM
It's probably just integer overflow because the number is -1. For some reason SimPE shows 1 day less than they actually have left, so you've just caught it at a time when Herb has 0 days left but hasn't died yet.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 27th Aug 2022 at 11:20 AM
Oh I see, thanks so much for the help
Field Researcher
#4 Old 29th Aug 2022 at 3:26 PM
To add to this, just in case you encounter this:

There is a bug in the game where an elder's sim bar appears to be full, as is they were ready to die, but the game doesn't let them die; it's like they're stuck on their death day and they continue to live past the end of their lifespan, and they kinda appear to be immortal. The sims that have this bug show they have 65535 day left to live in SimPe, which is the same amount of days sims who are already dead show.

This is fixed by moving the sim out of the lot and back in.