Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Instructor
Original Poster
#1 Old 5th Sep 2022 at 4:37 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Seasons
Default Zoning weirdness
So, this was happening earlier today. I made a brand-new community lot, and the game treated it as if it were residential.

You can see the blue color of the comm lot, and yet it looks like the Caliente family has moved in there... not my doing! I never use the premade Maxis families.

Improving community lots doesn't cost anything, and yet, you can see I've apparently run out of money.

I was just curious if anyone knew what this was about. I had also downloaded some "factory living" lots that I didn't have the prerequisite EP for, or something, which crashed the game when I moved Sims in. I bulldozed those lots, and will trash the associated packages, if I can find them. The community lots subsequently stopped behaving weird, but I wasn't sure if it had anything to do with the other problem, or if it was just a coincidence.
Advertisement
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#2 Old 5th Sep 2022 at 7:04 AM
Can you upload to MTS rather than Image shack, i can't see your first shot clearly. A screenshot program will also take a much larger crisper shot.

At this point I would be redoing my game as you have a ton of issues. You have to be really careful on a Mac due to lacking EPs and file limits.
Lots you don't have the game engine for will ALWAYS crash your game. Even if they are empty, myself and a friend( on a mac) tested that a few years back.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Instructor
Original Poster
#3 Old 5th Sep 2022 at 3:23 PM
It is in fact a screenshot; I find the in-game camera function to be extremely problematic, especially as it creates two separate files - or sometimes three - none of which are all that great. I'm happy to upload pics directly to the forum - I recall being chastised in the past for uploading pictures NOT using a 3rd-party site, and I've been following that directive without really questioning the logic, I suppose.
Screenshots
Mad Poster
#4 Old 5th Sep 2022 at 4:01 PM
Could be the game has somehow confused some of the files during the crashes. Unless you've got Nina and Dina in that custom hood, there's probably some neighborhood corruption going on, at least in that particular neighborhood and on that lot.

Do you have a backup from before these changes were done? Now could be a good time to use that backup.

It does look a bit empty - if the neighborhood is a new one you haven't done anything much with, scrapping it and starting over could also be an option.
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#5 Old 5th Sep 2022 at 5:05 PM
This looks like one of those things that happens when you have duplicate neighbourhood folders in your userdata files. For example, if you dragged N001 into the Downloads folder by mistake and then had the game generate a new neighbourhood called N001.
Instructor
Original Poster
#6 Old 5th Sep 2022 at 8:14 PM
That's all very interesting. I don't think I could've dragged a whole neighborhood folder anywhere by accident, but I'll certainly take a look at my Sims folder and see if anything looks odd. The neighborhood is fairly new, and doesn't have any families living there except the ones I created.
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#7 Old 5th Sep 2022 at 8:53 PM
Quote: Originally posted by chitownriverscum
The neighborhood is fairly new, and doesn't have any families living there except the ones I created.

Well, the game is reading the Caliente sisters from somewhere- do you have Pleasantview installed in your Neighborhoods folder?
Instructor
Original Poster
#8 Old 8th Sep 2022 at 2:41 AM
Quote: Originally posted by simsample
Well, the game is reading the Caliente sisters from somewhere- do you have Pleasantview installed in your Neighborhoods folder?

The only neighborhoods that show up in the hood chooser menu are my custom ones... from that menu, I deleted all the ones that I never play, including Pleasantview... I think. Looking in the Neighborhoods folder on my hard drive (and I can only tell which one is which based on the storytelling snapshots), there's one called G001 (all the others begin with N)... is that Pleasantview, or is that just a generic one to hold the game-loading animations and such?
Mad Poster
#9 Old 8th Sep 2022 at 3:20 AM
G001 is Riverblossom Hills, I believe. Pleasantview is N001.
Instructor
Original Poster
#10 Old 11th Sep 2022 at 3:46 AM
Quote: Originally posted by kestrellyn
G001 is Riverblossom Hills, I believe. Pleasantview is N001.

OK. I do have an N001 folder, but there's not much in it, including nothing in the characters folder, but I don't really know what that means. It does have the correct "welcome" pic. As I said earlier, Pleasantview doesn't appear in my neighborhood chooser menu... would it be safe to trash that folder since I never play that hood, or is that asking for big trouble?
Mad Poster
#11 Old 11th Sep 2022 at 4:09 AM
You can delete any neighborhood, it's perfectly fine.
Mad Poster
#12 Old 11th Sep 2022 at 5:47 AM
If there's nothing in it, maybe the contents (somehow; I'm completely spitballing) got shuffled into other folders?

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#13 Old 11th Sep 2022 at 12:12 PM
Yea @Peni Griffin this was what I was thinking; if some of the N001 files got accidentally dragged into the current hood folder, then probably both hoods are borked.