Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 8th Sep 2022 at 2:03 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default SimPE is reading stuff in Portuguese rather than English for some reason.
My PC was originally set to Portuguese since that's my main tongue. I've long changed it to English. The game was installed in English and all of that, but SimPE keeps showing Sim names and memories in Portuguese and it's just incredibly confusing.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 8th Sep 2022 at 3:18 AM
You can change the language in the settings.
Test Subject
#3 Old 13th Sep 2022 at 12:18 AM
I had the same problem and did what Lamare said in another post:
Quote: Originally posted by Lamare
I know it's an old thread, but it's the first one in google when you search how to change language in simpe, so I'll post here.

I downloaded SimPE 0.73.44 and wanted it to be in English. Changing settings did nothing (same result as OP had).

Solution I found: I went where the SimPE is installed and removed the whole language folder (named "ru" in my case) and it worked. I don't know if it's the only way, couldn't think of any other. No problems so far, but I backed up the folder just in case.

By the way, I recommend anyone whose SimPE is in Russian, to change it to English, because the translation is screwed up. The EPs and SPs are mixed up in System Folders settings, where you choose paths to your add-ons. Instead of Seasons it says Happy Holiday, instead of Celebration it says Seasons, instead of H&M Fashion it says Celebration. I emailed Quaxi about this, so maybe it'll get fixed, but I have no idea.

ETA.
Quaxi's mailbox is returning an error, so my message wasn't delivered.
And I found another language folder, it's inside the "Plugins" subfolder. It translates plugins, like Object Workshop. I removed that, too ("ru" folder in my case). All seems to work fine.