Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 11th Sep 2022 at 7:01 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Lot crashes when moving an object in buy mode
Hello, I have this strange bug in a lot that I can play without problems but when I enter buy mode either to move an object or buy and place a new one, it crashes the moment I place the object. Already took out all the mods and new cc I installed after the last time I played that lot without problems., but the problem persists. I also tried to place Pescado's Lot Debugger but it crashes as well... Any hint about what I could try to fix the bug?
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 11th Sep 2022 at 8:22 PM
Does it happen with a spesific object, or in a spesific part of the buy menu?

Does it happen under similar circumstances on other lots?

Did you also try removing the cache files? These can sometimes retain information about downloads, so if you remove CC, remember to delete these.

Have you tried turning TestingCheats on to see if the issue generates an error message?

Most likely you've got something in your downloads that conflicts with something and/or crashes the game, either one or more buy objects, or a mod that affects multiple objects and their placement.

Sometimes, an item can hang around in your downloads for a while before you notice any issues with it. Could be it's only an issue on a particular lot because another item it conflicts with also is on that particular lot, but not on other lots. Downloaded lots with CC can for instance come in this category, if you downloaded them a while back but didn't check them out right away.

Did you go through the list of FAQs before posting your question, more spesifically the ones having to do with finding problem CC? Try these things first, and see if any of it gets you anywhere closer, or gets you any different results. Most of these things are what we'd recommend you try first anyway.
https://modthesims.info/wiki.php?ti..._Custom_Content