Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 15th Sep 2022 at 11:38 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Electrono-Ticket Machine profits from businesses don't show up in owner family's funds
I built a swimming pool, and let it be owned as a business from one of the families in my neighborhood. I placed an electrono-ticket machine there, so that the visiting sims can pay them a certian amount each hour.
I then played this lot with another sim in the neighborhood that's not part of the owner family. Went to the swimming pool by "visiting community lot", signed up for the electrono-ticket machine, and spent many hours there paying a fee to the owner family.
But when I loaded the owner family again, none of that money I paid them at their business appeared in their funds!
Would someone know if there's a fix for that?
Thank you!
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#2 Old 17th Sep 2022 at 2:57 AM
Hi! Weirdly, this is how the game works, but we never notice it until we really care about the money being earned correctly. I used to love playing with businesses but I never cared about the money, so I never noticed it.

What you're describing is exactly how the game works, and it's not exclusive to the electrono-ticket machine. When you visit an owned community lot with a different family, all the money that they make isn't credited to them, for some reason.

Also, apparently there are many overviews like this in OFB. There is a mod that fixes what you're talking about and other things as well. You can get it here: https://modthesims.info/d/633080/business-mod.html

It has a long description of the exact things it does, if you want to give it a read!

It might be worth it to read the comments in this mod and to even try it yourself to see how you like it, because some people have been getting different bugs or conflicts because of it. Personally, it works fine for me and it might be just that the mod conflicts with many OFB mods. So, if you don't have many of those, it might be fine.