Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
#2026 Old 6th Jan 2021 at 12:51 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Keren
Work outfits are different from a one time situation outfits, like the graduation ones.
and yes, randomizing them with MCCC doesn't work well, if at all.
but you can edit work outfits in a different way:

click on the sim > MCCC > Sim Commands > Modify Career Outfit*

* Opens CAS for editing the career outfit. Note that some 'career outfits' are situational outfits and cannot be edited. MCCC only allows editing a Sim's career outfit if Sims 4 has the Sim in a career outfit.
If you look at the butlers and maids, they are using Situation outfits, not career outfits so there is no career outfit to edit on them.
You can copy/paste other outfits onto them while they are wearing the situation outfits and they will wear those until EA generates a different situation outfit, at which time your changes are gone.
That's also why MCCC doesn't allow features to run (other than copy/paste) on situation outfits. But MCCC already allows you to edit ALL Sims career outfits, as long as the Sims 4 has the Sims marked as wearing a career outfit.

(https://deaderpool-mccc.com/#/doc/commands)

You can also do it in the base game though.
CTRL+shift+c, type testingcheats on, type cas.fulleditmode, and then sims.modify_career_outfit_in_cas
It brings you to CAS, in your sim's work outfit, and you can change it.
Advertisement
Top Secret Researcher
#2027 Old 6th Jan 2021 at 7:00 PM
The game lets you hire a maid. In sims 2 & 3 maids were dress in stereotypical french maid outfits, but not Sims 4 Maids (both genders) wear street clothes. . With "Get Famous", sometimes sims just walk into your famous sim's home. I can't tell who's a maid and who's a fan anymore. I think my sim just put a death curse on the cleaning help using a Zazatotl Death Relic.

Sims are better than us.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#2028 Old 7th Jan 2021 at 4:46 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Emmett Brown
The game lets you hire a maid. In sims 2 & 3 maids were dress in stereotypical french maid outfits, but not Sims 4 Maids (both genders) wear street clothes. . With "Get Famous", sometimes sims just walk into your famous sim's home. I can't tell who's a maid and who's a fan anymore. I think my sim just put a death curse on the cleaning help using a Zazatotl Death Relic.

Either EA have broken something (again) or you have a conflicting mod since maids in TS4 DO have a uniform. Females wear a PG version of a french maid outfit and males wear an outfit I would expect cleaners at a hotel to wear.
They get shown off in this comparison video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m2s9e-4n3bg

My deviantART, MTS Yearbook Origin ID = Alistu
Scholar
#2029 Old 7th Jan 2021 at 5:23 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Emmett Brown

Maids, so far in my experience "maids", have been the most useless NPC' in the game, they arrive, then they just stand around outdoors and just stare at the skies for half their day, then they come in and they will clean a thing or maybe two if they got the slightest time then leave and sometimes athey also break something as well. They are normally recognizable in their ugly brown outfits, unless your using mods that replace stituation outfits, including mccc.
Top Secret Researcher
#2030 Old 7th Jan 2021 at 8:23 PM
Thanks. Now I know what to look for. It's probably one of my mods. I find the new more modest attire disappointing, if it wasn't for the skirt above the knee they could be students in an old style catholic school. They sure to look busy in the video. Maybe my sims are just too neat and clean. Never really noticed if they stand around outside staring at the sky. Mostly I want to do vampire hi-jinks on them to level up my vampires. They come around during the day, you know! Cleaning is just a plus
Screenshots

Sims are better than us.
Field Researcher
#2031 Old 9th Jan 2021 at 12:37 AM
If my sim gets sick and I ignore it will they just keep getting sick until I give them medicine or can I keep pretending I don't see those ugly orange spots all over her?

Queen of the Land of Typos.

Check out my simblr.
Scholar
#2032 Old 9th Jan 2021 at 6:34 AM
Quote: Originally posted by NaeShelle
If my sim gets sick and I ignore it will they just keep getting sick until I give them medicine or can I keep pretending I don't see those ugly orange spots all over her?

I have ignored this and never has a Sim died from the disease.... Now the pool is a whole other story!
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#2033 Old 9th Jan 2021 at 4:08 PM

I think eventually she will pass it on to other Sims. I don't think the illness goes away unless you have her take medicine though.

Instructor
#2034 Old 9th Jan 2021 at 7:09 PM

Is this from My first pet stuff? If so

Tips to Avoid Rabid Rodent Fever:
Keep your Pet’s cage clean.
Be nice to your Pet, interact with them and don’t forget to feed them.
If your Sim gets bitten and it starts to turn into a fever research it as soon as you can on a computer.
If a Sim becomes contagious because of Rabid Rodent Fever make sure they are not around other Sims.
You can order an inoculation for Rabid Rodent Fever which will permanently protect your Sim from getting the disease.

I expect researching any disease on the computer and following the last two steps might work for most Sim's sicknesses!
Scholar
#2035 Old 15th Jan 2021 at 12:11 AM
Is there a way to make sure sims at home sleep when you’re off lot with another sim? I’m starting to feel trapped in the house because one of my sims plays for tip to earn money and the other one has a regular job. Whenever the sim goes to play for tips, her husband won’t sleep and ends up going to work tired and coming home almost ready to pass out. The only way he gets any decent sleep is to have my sim stay home so he can rest.

If there’s a mod I’ll install it. If there’s no mod, tell me how I can get my sim to sleep while his wife is doing her gigs!
Scholar
#2036 Old 15th Jan 2021 at 6:54 AM
Quote: Originally posted by kewpie
Is there a way to make sure sims at home sleep when you’re off lot with another sim? I’m starting to feel trapped in the house because one of my sims plays for tip to earn money and the other one has a regular job. Whenever the sim goes to play for tips, her husband won’t sleep and ends up going to work tired and coming home almost ready to pass out. The only way he gets any decent sleep is to have my sim stay home so he can rest.

If there’s a mod I’ll install it. If there’s no mod, tell me how I can get my sim to sleep while his wife is doing her gigs!

There is no way to keep them in bed when your go elsewhere. But you make sure when your out, to click on your inactive sim, and select Care for Self, Then they automatically fix up all their needs including Energy.
Top Secret Researcher
#2037 Old 16th Jan 2021 at 8:06 PM
If my sim forms a "Knitting Guild" club with a requirement of 2 knitting to join, will anyone be eligible that she doesn't teach herself? In other words, will seeding knitting bags in public places encourage sims to learn to knit?
Scholar
#2038 Old 16th Jan 2021 at 9:59 PM
Quote: Originally posted by SusannaG
If my sim forms a "Knitting Guild" club with a requirement of 2 knitting to join, will anyone be eligible that she doesn't teach herself? In other words, will seeding knitting bags in public places encourage sims to learn to knit?

Nope, they need to have it in their inventory to knit..
you could gift them the knitting bag though, if you have Seasons, then they'll probably knit autonomously and gain skill over time..
Scholar
#2039 Old 17th Jan 2021 at 9:45 AM
What is the game mechanics for "townies"? Asking because there are sims in the "Other families" bin* that I have never seen walking around in any of my worlds. And there are families that I have only seen parts of. As I understand it it's not recommended to have more then 150 sims and that number is referring to the numbers of sims in the "My families" bin. How does the game "rank" what "outside world" sims is going to show up?

* Yes, I know is wrong to call it "bin" but after 10 years of playing TS2 I'm use to call the place where all the sims are stored a "bin".
Beautiful Dinosaur
#2040 Old 17th Jan 2021 at 11:20 AM
Is there a way to recover an urn/tombstone for a sim that died while you were playing another lot? I have searched and searched and various solutions have always failed.

I thought maybe if I spawn the ghost, add to family, find some way to bring them back to life, then kill them off again? Is there a simpler way than this?

Who knows where thoughts come from....? They just appear.
Smeg Head
#2041 Old 17th Jan 2021 at 11:34 AM Last edited by coolspear1 : 17th Jan 2021 at 12:38 PM.
"What is the game mechanics for "townies"? Asking because there are sims in the "Other families" bin* that I have never seen walking around in any of my worlds. And there are families that I have only seen parts of. As I understand it it's not recommended to have more then 150 sims and that number is referring to the numbers of sims in the "My families" bin. How does the game "rank" what "outside world" sims is going to show up?

* Yes, I know is wrong to call it "bin" but after 10 years of playing TS2 I'm use to call the place where all the sims are stored a "bin".

They were originally called the Played Sim Bin and the Homeless Bin, but those terminologies have changed over the years. Though that's what I still refer to them as, old dogs, new tricks and all.

The majority of unknown sims in the Homeless Bin are usually the NPC workers and specific lot visitor types the game generates as and when needed. Under normal default rules, those sims in the Homeless Bin are subject to frequent culling. Don't be surprised if those unknown folks are seen one day, but gone the next. Especially as you reach the recommended population cap. Though that can be set to infinite numbers if your machine is up for it. Enter 6,000 Father Winters - as seen in a recent glitch.

Once sims are deemed as played, even if you move them into a home, then move them out so they remain in the Played Sim Bin (Yet still homeless), it is unlikely they will get culled, unless of course that population cap is bursting at the seams and drastic measures are needed.

Some homeless NPC workers have leave to stay more than others, such as the aforementioned Father Winter. Though he is easy enough to spot while endlessly milling around in the Homeless Bin waiting on the holiday seasons to come around again and do his thing. But even if you start deleting the unknown faces in the Homeless Bin, the game will simply regenerate more for the next time that sim type is called into action. Go visit a bar in Windenburg, and yay! Another 20 tourists are generated to fill up the Homeless Bin. So it goes, for TS4. And then some! One of the most unpopular elements about TS4 is its over-enthusiasm to spawn more new occasional and event-type NPCs than will ever be needed. But hey, some genius gave us random culling to solve it. And that's that.

Edit: BTW, if you are up for using mods, I highly recommend MC Command Centre. So many excellent and helpful functions. But in regards to this topic, MC puts out a log report of every single sim created during a game session, and lets you know who and why they were created, so you will be in doubt to their importance as a needed NPC worker, or just another overly-spawned throwaway, pointless sim.

Why the game devs do not give this simple function, hover the mouse over a portrait in the bin to get the details on the need (or lack thereof) for their existence, rather than give us a growing bin of "who the frick is this now?" sims, I'll never know. They could throw that coding together in an afternoon if they cared. So MCCC to the rescue on that front. Why is it that a triple A game works infinitely better with a triple C mod...

"Become a government informer. Betray your family and friends. Fabulous prizes to be won!" Red Dwarf - Back to Reality.

Find all my TS4 mods and lots here: Main Website - simsasylum.com My Section - coolspear's Mods & Lots
Inventor
#2042 Old 17th Jan 2021 at 12:07 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Bellasaurus
Is there a way to recover an urn/tombstone for a sim that died while you were playing another lot? I have searched and searched and various solutions have always failed.

I thought maybe if I spawn the ghost, add to family, find some way to bring them back to life, then kill them off again? Is there a simpler way than this?

You can use LittleMsSam's mod, "release all ghosts & and get urn for" which lets you generate urn for any sim that died in this save so far. You can find it in this mod pack.
Beautiful Dinosaur
#2043 Old 17th Jan 2021 at 12:16 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Anhaeyn
You can use LittleMsSam's mod, "release all ghosts & and get urn for" which lets you generate urn for any sim that died in this save so far. You can find it in this mod pack.

OK so now I feel really effing stuuuuuuuupid.

Just loaded up the lot and started to do my list of things and lo and behold... The urn is in the kitchen! Admittedly half hidden in a counter, but it is there.

@Anhaeyn - that looks very useful though thanks!

Scholar
#2044 Old 17th Jan 2021 at 2:06 PM
Quote: Originally posted by coolspear1
***Text***

Thank you, that was really helpful. Yeah, I thought that some of the sims had some function and I have even seen some of them working. The funny fact is that if I edit a sim from the Homeless side they show up in the Played sims bin afterwards. Good thing I did discover that.

(I wanted to give you a reply but edited out your text to keep the reply smaller. Hope you don't mind )
Field Researcher
#2045 Old 18th Jan 2021 at 1:58 PM
I wanted to ask this before, but when I'm here, I always forget. Well now I'm remembering.

Does anyone else's game "buzz" ? Ever so often, usually during loading screens between lots, I get a buzz sound. It roughly lasts about a second or two then the loading continues. Nothing basically happens to the game or my gameplay other than the usual. But that quick unexpected buzzing sometimes scares me into thinking I'm about to lose my game - so I do a quick save when I can just in case. I can't figure why I'm getting the buzz, and just wanted to know if anyone else is experiencing this.

I'm planning a repair - or, if necessary, a complete re-install. Hopefully that'll fix it.
Beautiful Dinosaur
#2046 Old 19th Jan 2021 at 2:33 PM
Quote: Originally posted by dikosay
... Does anyone else's game "buzz" ? Ever so often, usually during loading screens between lots, I get a buzz sound. It roughly lasts about a second or two then the loading continues. ...

Just sounds like loading lag to me, but I am not super techy so I could be way off. Does it happen on anything else (other programs/games, playing movies/music etc) that is of equal or larger memory usage?

Quote: Originally posted by dikosay
I'm planning a repair - or, if necessary, a complete re-install. Hopefully that'll fix it.

If it is loading lag this probably won't fix it (?) If it is a load lag issue then maybe an uninstall, then a defrag of the hard drive, then reinstall. That way the game files may be closer together on the HDD and be easier to load with less reliance on memory. Or of course, upgrade your RAM?

Do not do ANYTHING without back ups of everything (not just TS4 but all data)

Beautiful Dinosaur
#2047 Old 19th Jan 2021 at 4:14 PM
Sorry to double post but completely separate!

Is there a way to get the roomies at uni to put food on a surface rather than the floor? I have surrounded the area they dump it in with various surfaces but they still use the floor!

Field Researcher
#2048 Old 19th Jan 2021 at 6:55 PM Last edited by dikosay : 20th Jan 2021 at 2:11 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by Bellasaurus
Just sounds like loading lag to me, but I am not super techy so I could be way off. Does it happen on anything else (other programs/games, playing movies/music etc) that is of equal or larger memory usage?

If it is loading lag this probably won't fix it (?) If it is a load lag issue then maybe an uninstall, then a defrag of the hard drive, then reinstall. That way the game files may be closer together on the HDD and be easier to load with less reliance on memory. Or of course, upgrade your RAM?

Do not do ANYTHING without back ups of everything (not just TS4 but all data)

No, it doesn't happen on anything else I do on my computer - just the sims.

I have done a repair. Lets' see what happens.

24 hour update edit: No, it didn't work.
Field Researcher
#2049 Old 20th Jan 2021 at 7:23 PM
Did they remove the holiday decoration tab in some patch? I haven't played for some time but now that I have picked it up again, it seems to be missing. It was quite handy... I'm not sure where to find the holiday deco these days.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#2050 Old 20th Jan 2021 at 9:02 PM
What holiday deco tab? I don't even remember there being one.

Page 82 of 86