Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 17th Feb 2015 at 8:47 PM
Default Sims 4 Mods On MAC
hi i am wondering if anyone has mods working on the mac version?
when i add mods the game crashes during the start up,
but then works fine when i remove the mods from the mods folder
Advertisement
Instructor
#2 Old 17th Feb 2015 at 10:12 PM
I'm having the exact same problem Does this appear for you?

All the CC I'm trying to install work fine on my PC version of the game.
Mad Poster
#3 Old 17th Feb 2015 at 10:14 PM
Well...that might be a SERIOUS problem XD
Instructor
#4 Old 17th Feb 2015 at 10:22 PM
I know, right? I thought I could simply copy and paste my mods folder from my PC onto my Mac but noooooo -____- I've managed to get 20 files to work fine for it but I have like 400 CC files on my PC and most of those make the game freeze on my iMac.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 17th Feb 2015 at 10:32 PM
Quote: Originally posted by itsamariokart

i get "the sims 4 quit unexpectedly" i've only picked about 40 packages and 10 scripts.
guess i'll have to check them one by one
Theorist
#6 Old 17th Feb 2015 at 10:35 PM
Aside from CC, is the game running okay for you guys?
Instructor
#7 Old 17th Feb 2015 at 10:53 PM
Other than the CC problems it runs really smoothly.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#8 Old 17th Feb 2015 at 10:58 PM
Other than the CC problems it runs really smoothly.

what script mods you using as i tested some but none work
Lab Assistant
#9 Old 17th Feb 2015 at 10:59 PM
Script mods crash it but package mods seem to be fine. I haven't tested cc because I don't have any.

It is smooth and beautiful on my IMac. I have the settings on Ultra so it looks really nice.
Instructor
#10 Old 17th Feb 2015 at 11:13 PM
Quote: Originally posted by angrypig
what script mods you using as i tested some but none work

None at the moment. I only use custom clothes, hair, objects etc.
Test Subject
#11 Old 18th Feb 2015 at 1:49 AM
Script mods have been confirmed to have problems running. I'm getting the same error message as itsamariokart when putting objects in the game. Had some problems with random clothing files as well. The rest seems to work ok, but the first few times I went through CAS it would crash. (The last time I tried it, though, it didn't.) Hoping that a patch will come up soon that will fix the problem.
Mad Poster
#12 Old 18th Feb 2015 at 3:38 AM
Delete the Resource.cfg file in the Mods folder then let the game generate a new one under MAC rules when you restart the game.
http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/dis...rking-look-here

Unfortunately, it don't help with script mod crashes. That will be addressed in the next update. Hopefully.

Resident member of The Receptacle Refugees
Let's help fund mammograms for everyone. If you want to help, Click To Give @ The Breast Cancer Site Your click is free. Thank you.
Lab Assistant
#13 Old 18th Feb 2015 at 11:41 AM
If you are having problems with the Resource.cfg I have uploaded a working one here:
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u...ds/Resource.cfg

SimGuruModSquad said they were interested in links to custom content that crashes the game (not script mods), and you should go over and post the link in the thread:
http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/dis...-and-mods-work/
Instructor
#14 Old 18th Feb 2015 at 12:13 PM
Have you tried using the "Repair Game" function in Origin? From experience, errors like that are caused by game files that the game needs in order to work are corrupted or missing. Instead of wasting your time messing around, you could try and let Origin verify the integrity of the game files so that it automatically adds/replaces broken or missing files. It doesn't mess with your mods, although it might reset your settings.

I'd back up my mods somewhere anyway, just in case.

Then again, I'm not very experienced with Mac, but I know it's like an angry bee hive when it comes to problems with games.

The Sims 4! Weirder Sims! Aren't they weird!? Look how weird they are! Bet you can't wait to see how weird their stories are!?
Instructor
#15 Old 18th Feb 2015 at 1:44 PM Last edited by itsamariokart : 18th Feb 2015 at 3:06 PM.
Tried deleting the resource file and it didn't work and I tried having Origin fix it (that's the first thing I tried) still no luck :/

Edit: Yeah, I've discovered that hair and clothes generally work fine. The problem is custom objects. Strange.
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
#16 Old 18th Feb 2015 at 3:49 PM
I’m moving this to Help because it’s about technical issues.

Please see this thread over at EA:

Quote: Originally posted by SGModSquad
Updates:
  • Script mod crashing will be fixed in an upcoming patch.
  • If Custom Content out of subdirectories is not working, it is possibly because you copied over the contents of the "Mods" folder from the PC. If you did, delete the file "Documents->Electronic Arts->The Sims 4->Mods->Resource.cfg" and the game will regenerate it in proper Mac format on next launch. One caveat: if you have *manually* edited this file then you will probably want to manually fix it (by changing backslashes in directory paths to forward slashes).
  • If you have identified specific CC that is crashing the Mac version of the game, links to the CC on Mod the Sims would be appreciated so we can see why that is happening.

If you can identify which specific CC from mts is causing crashes, it would be nice if you could also post in the download thread to make other OS X users aware it won’t work for them right now. But in order to help fix the problem, please do post at EA as well like SGModSquad suggests.

Stuff for TS2 · TS3 · TS4 | Please do not PM me with technical questions – we have Create forums for that.

In the kingdom of the blind, do as the Romans do.
Instructor
#17 Old 18th Feb 2015 at 4:27 PM
Thanks for this Least they're acknowledging this as a problem.
Instructor
#18 Old 18th Feb 2015 at 6:59 PM
They've now said it will be fixed in the March patch.
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
#19 Old 18th Feb 2015 at 10:26 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Andygal
They've now said it will be fixed in the March patch.

The fix for scripts is expected to be shipped in the March patch, if you mean this post. They were not talking about the CC crashing issue.

Stuff for TS2 · TS3 · TS4 | Please do not PM me with technical questions – we have Create forums for that.

In the kingdom of the blind, do as the Romans do.
Test Subject
#20 Old 21st Feb 2015 at 2:55 AM Last edited by SGMS : 21st Feb 2015 at 5:43 AM.
Hey all, see this post for the latest information on Mac mods.
Instructor
#21 Old 21st Feb 2015 at 10:22 PM
I'm actually pleasantly surprised that they fixed this so quickly. Fair play.
Test Subject
#22 Old 26th Feb 2015 at 11:13 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Figlilly
Script mods crash it but package mods seem to be fine. I haven't tested cc because I don't have any.

It is smooth and beautiful on my IMac. I have the settings on Ultra so it looks really nice.

do you have the no censor in you IMac. Because the no censor won't for me

If there's a problem, there's always a solution.
Test Subject
#23 Old 10th Jul 2016 at 11:46 PM

Yes same for me