Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
#126 Old 20th Apr 2019 at 3:56 PM
I have a question for everyone: The goal for this challenge is to keep all the original last names intact throughout 10 generations. But how do you count the generations?

Take the Oldies for example: They already have a grown up daughter and two teenaged granddaughters. So at the start of the game they are already 3 generations in (if we ignore the fact that Lilith and Angela don't actually count for the Oldies because they don't have the same last name). But if we count Angela and Lilith as generation 3 that's not very fair to other families like Don Lothario or Kaylynn Langerak who are generation 1 and don't have any descendants, yet.

I've tried leveling the playing field, so to speak, by declaring all premades to be generation 1 (so Coral and Herb Oldie are generation 1, Daniel and Mary-Sue are generation 1, too, and Lilith and Angela are also generation 1) and everyone born in-game would the be generation 2, 3 and so on. But that's also not without issues because now I have a bunch of siblings/cousins who should logically be the same generation but actually belong to different generations because some were born in-game and some were premades.

So how do you all do this?

Also what am I supposed to do when the parents of a Sim are from different generations? I've had a baby born this week whose parents are generation 3 and 2 respectively. So is that baby now generation 4 or only generation 3?
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#127 Old 13th May 2019 at 2:40 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Quietscheente
I have a question for everyone: The goal for this challenge is to keep all the original last names intact throughout 10 generations. But how do you count the generations?

1. Take the Oldies for example: They already have a grown up daughter and two teenaged granddaughters. So at the start of the game they are already 3 generations in (if we ignore the fact that Lilith and Angela don't actually count for the Oldies because they don't have the same last name). But if we count Angela and Lilith as generation 3 that's not very fair to other families like Don Lothario or Kaylynn Langerak who are generation 1 and don't have any descendants, yet.

2. I've tried leveling the playing field, so to speak, by declaring all premades to be generation 1 (so Coral and Herb Oldie are generation 1, Daniel and Mary-Sue are generation 1, too, and Lilith and Angela are also generation 1) and everyone born in-game would the be generation 2, 3 and so on. But that's also not without issues because now I have a bunch of siblings/cousins who should logically be the same generation but actually belong to different generations because some were born in-game and some were premades.

So how do you all do this?

3. Also what am I supposed to do when the parents of a Sim are from different generations? I've had a baby born this week whose parents are generation 3 and 2 respectively. So is that baby now generation 4 or only generation 3?

On 1 I just use the main names and since Coral and Herb Oldie are already elders they just die off. (I only use born in game sims to carry the name on.) (Its a different story in my Beginning Hoods.)

On 2 Angela or Lilith will need to have the Pleasants last name upon marring to carry the name forward if Mary Sue and Daniel don't have a male child for the last one. (I no longer use age cheats of any kind.)

On 3 is who ever has the child live with them gets the generation count because the child will have that sims last name. If the 2 are married then I use the last name for it. (If it is a cheating baby then they don't count in my books, only true heir counts for my games. Now if its one who never gets married then yes the child will carry the name forward.)

I normally use the standard of taking the male's last name upon marriage but will use a female last name if needed for things like this.

All my Beginning Hoods here at MTS. http://www.modthesims.info/member.php?u=7749491
All my Beginning Hoods as Shopping Districts plus Old Town. http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=523417
MooVille, a tribute to Mootilda and her fabulous lots http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=534158
Lab Assistant
#128 Old 28th Oct 2019 at 11:19 PM
Still doing the challenge and since I've just finished another rotation (10 in-game weeks now) I thought I'd update here.
Most of the premades are actually dead by now, only 5 are left (Dustin Broke, Lilith Pleasant, Lucy Burb, Alexander Goth and Beau Broke). Also the first born in-game Sim died. RIP Benjamin Langerak (Oldie)
Family tree with all Sims can be found here. Words of advice though: I go by the "if the game does not consider them to be related then they aren't and are free to hook up"-rule. So I have lots of Sims being married to their second cousins or their parents’ cousins (first cousins once removed?) or something similar. If this is something that bothers you, please do not view the family tree and don't read the rest of my post. Thank you.

On to the families - I've wanted to post pictures but couldn't be bothered to pose my Sims. So loading screen pictures it is.

BROKE

BURB

CALIENTE

DREAMER

GOTH

LANGERAK

LOTHARIO

OLDIE

PLEASANT

STUDENTS (University household)

TEENS
Scholar
#129 Old 27th Nov 2019 at 6:04 PM
I'm thinking of trying this since I'm playing with Pleasantview right now. I don't really like Mortimer, don't even like him in TS3, tbh, so I'm gonna let him live out his days playing the piano and searching the skies for Bella (even though I'm using the fixed 'hood and he could call her up any time). Cassandra just got pregnant from Don, but they don't know it yet. I feel like an awful person, but I have more fun playing romance sims and family sims when there's drama and pairing them together is too tempting. Don is sleeping with anyone who stays still long enough to succumb to his charms which currently included Kaylynn, Cassandra, Nina, Dina, and a townie or two. I wanna introduce him to Ruby and Susie Broke I have a feeling he'd like them a lot. Alexander is still a kid.

I added the TS3 Brokes into the game because I luuuurve them. They're my favorite family, but I'll only count Brandi and Skip's offspring as part of this challenge. The game doesn't recognize Brandi's kids and Trigger's kids as being related anyway. Brandi hasn't had her baby yet and Dustin is still doing badly in school. Beau is learning all of his toddler skills

I put Tara Kat's house on the outskirts of town and got her a job at the school. I had her look Darren up in the phone book and my head canon is that he came in to the school one day to drop off some paperwork for Dirk and they saw each other and exchanged numbers. In a save I had to abandon, they had two bolts for each other and had practically gotten engaged the first day. Dirk's being an overachieving super kid. He reminds me of Mac from Daria. I enjoy his dynamic with Lilith and I think they're good for each other, but I want to introduce him to the Tinker girl from Blue Waters. She's just as studious and serious as he is. I feel like if I can find the family in the wiki, they're not townies. I will focus on maintaining the Pleasantview names.

Pleasant: Angela and Lilith are attempting to become nemesis, but Aunt Jen is going to offer to take in Lilith until the two of them can get along again. Daniel is running around on Mary Sue, with any and all women. ACR places him at completely infertile and Mary Sue as struggling with her fertility. I'm choosing to interpret this as they had IVF to get the twins and then he went and got a vasectomy to prevent any more kids.

The Oldies are finishing up their certifications to become foster parents and then they'll be able to help all the youngsters they can. I never know what to do with them so this helps. Otherwise Herb tends to get a bit creepy, showing up to clubs and hitting on younger women while giving Daniel the stink-eye for doing the same thing.

Caliente- They're both sleeping with Don. I think I want to pair one of them off with Trigger or Malcolm Landgraab. Just think of the overly tanned blonde children they could have!

Burbs- Jen is pregnant again. She and John have jobs doing stuff that I don't remember. Lawyer maybe? Lucy is doing great in school.

The Mayflies Legacy- a Random Legacy Story
Scholar
#130 Old 2nd Dec 2019 at 3:55 PM
Burbs-

Jen had the worst pregnancy I've ever seen in game! I don't think her needs ever left the red the entire time, then she had twin boys; Henry and Teddy. The game sent up a message about 3 days of maternity leave and then her carpool kept showing up. Luckily, she gave birth on a Thursday and they became toddlers on Sunday night. She's a receptionist at a law firm and John is an orderly. Lucy just aged up to teen and she's beautiful. She's also patient and great with her little brothers. John immediately rolled the wish for another baby. Jen wants an IUD, a vasectomy for him, and condoms on top of that. She's 1000% done.

Lothario-

I was trying to get Kaylynn to move in with Don, but the "ask to move in" option wouldn't pop up. I know how to add to household in TS3 in more and less cheaty ways, but can't seem to figure it out without marriage in TS2. I think it's a mod interaction, because it was in "ask" or "propose" along with "spend the night" and "propose marriage." Anyway, Don asked Cassandra over and proposed marriage to her. She's now Cassandra Lothario and they seem very happy. Next time I play they're running off to Twikii Island for a honeymoon.

Dreamer-

Turns out that he works at the school with Tara. While playing Tara, I had her call him a few times to talk after work which got their relationship up to the mid 30s. Then I had her call him and ask if he could come over. He did and they instantly had 2 bolts and started flirting up a storm. When it was time for her to go to sleep, I sent him home. The next day, I had her ask him out on a date and they were both rolling wishes to eat out with each other, flirt, kiss, make out, etc. She went from "crush" to "in love" after that date. After the next date, she wished to get engaged to Darren. At that point I saved and went to play with Darren and Dirk.

Darren, too, had the wish to get engaged to Tara. I thought the first thing I should do was move his first wife's grave to the cemetery. Unfortunately this had the result of refreshing the death for Darren and Dirk and they immediately rolled wishes to resurrect her. Luckily, I had his wish to get engaged to Tara locked. Darren invited Tara over and popped the question. She said "yes" and the two immediately married and moved her 3 cats in. Dirk seems more into the cats than he does his stepmom at this point. Darren and Tara whisked off to Three Bear Mountain for their honeymoon and brought home a little souvenir. I hope it's not twins.

Various Broke Households-

Buck, Darlene, Susie, and Trigger all went down to the employment office on their first day and found jobs. Darlene is an aerobics instructor. Buck is a gas station attendant and Trigger is working in the mailroom at the local newspaper. Susie is selling her plasma to the Science Center. It turns out that Trigger is bi and attracted to Don. If Don's interested too, I'm willing to let it play out for drama. The way the game counts affairs is baffling. If the person in a relationship heart farts for someone they aren't attached to, they get the memory "had an affair" even if they don't act on it. The kids aren't working; they don't have the grades for it. Baffling.

I need to find a custom career for Ruby or some way for her to become a waitress working nights. Her two teenagers are working in the bookshop and the grocery store, maintaining a B average, and babysitting their younger sibs. Ruby and Brandi are frenemies. They show up at each other's trailers, talk to each other, hang out with the kids and yet never seem to progress beyond "acquaintance" level. The cousins adore each other (including first cousins once removed and second cousins). Chances are that when a child brings home a friend from school it will be another Broke.

In Brandi's house, Beau aged up to child and she just had her baby. She decided to call him Devin. Dustin's grades are going up and he's still seeing Angela, but he's having his doubts. She's not very caring towards his little brothers and is mean to his mom. However, she's fun to play video games with and when she runs her fingers through his hair all thoughts of breakup leave his head. His mom just got a job at the local greasy spoon, so with her gone after school he and Angela got to woohoo for the first time.

Goth-

The house seems rather empty with Cassandra gone. Morty feels that she was the glue holding the family together and spends his time playing Beethoven on the grand piano in the salon feeling morose. He upgraded his telescope and saw rather more of John and Jen Burb than he'd bargained for and then got rather more of a talking to as well. He's furious with John for having the gall to come up to him and treat him that way in his own home! Now he's studying anger management.

Alex has been playing at the activity table a lot gaining mechanical and creativity skills. He asked Morty for a violin and has been enjoying playing it during his summer vacation. On his birthday, Bella showed up just in time for him to age up. I tried my best to give him a romantic, troubled, creative look ala Chopin and Lizst. He was ignored on his birthday by both his parents who wanted only to catch up with each other. Alex retreated to his room with a look of disgust. Only his violin understands him.

Morty and Bella had a wonderful talk and decided to rekindle their relationship. She is currently younger than Cassandra, so I have plans to age her up to elder in a couple days.

Scholar
#131 Old 9th Dec 2019 at 3:30 PM
Landgraab-

Dina landed her rich man, and then discovered that he does not have much liquidity and has to take care of most things himself. She's really taken to working the businesses with him and loves the indoor pool. They've been enjoying spending their days and nights together and unsurprisingly, are expecting a baby any day now.

Caliente-

Nina was lonely living by herself and asked her best friend Kaylyn to move in with her. They have been redecorating to suit their fancies and have been working a lot. They've been having a lot of walkby callers lately which is weird. It seems like everyone they have a passing acquaintance with has been ringing their doorbell at all hours of the day and night. I wonder if it has anything to do with the genie. A mysterious lamp arrived on Nina's doorstep before Dina moved out. Dina wished for health. Nina wished for wealth and beauty. Now she has three bolts with everyone she meets. She's working very hard at becoming a Celebrity Chef. Kaylyn wants to be the Minister of Education and negotiated a job as a teacher's aid at the local school.

The oddest drop-by by far was Daniel Pleasant. He stopped by and enjoyed some time with Nina. Then Mary Sue came over and rang the doorbell. Thinking she was coming by to confront her philandering husband, I let her in for the sake of drama. She immediately starts flirting with Daniel, like she's staking her claim and showing Nina how happy they are together. Then they start making out and head for the hot tub and I'm like "Oh No!" Yep, they woohoo'd in Nina's hot tub right in front of her as she was trying to get their attention to say good bye in a, "Maybe you should take this back to your own house" kind of way. So now I think Mary Sue has a fetish or a kink about Daniel sleeping with other women. Like reverse cuckolding.

Dreamer-

Tara had an easy pregnancy and gave birth the same day as the cat. They both had twins, the boy cat is Tom and the girl is Molly. The baby boy is Marcus and the baby girl is Kathryn. Their house is too chaotic with 5 cats, 2 adults, 2 babies, and 1 teenager, so I left soon after they were born.

Lothario-

Don and Cassandra had an idyllic trip to Twikii Island. She officially has the longest pregnancy in game, lol, Her pregnancy was pretty easy to manage and she and Don couldn't keep their hands off each other. They also had twins, Victor and Adriana. Cassandra was taking on most of the work of the babies once Don was back to work. She was doing really great at taking care of the babies, but not so great at taking care of herself. In the middle of the night, the babies woke up for a feeding. I'd just gotten her to sleep but she woke up to tend them anyway even though Don was on it. She gets downstairs with the baby and puts it down and faints for a little while. Then she gets up and picks up the baby and goes to get a bottle. Then she puts the baby and the bottle down and faints away dead.

So now it's just Don and the twins. He spent most of their toddlerhood in red aspiration. He tried really hard, but wasn't able to teach the twins their toddler skills before they aged up. All he managed was to teach them both to talk. Luckily this was enough for them to age up well. Both kids look hauntingly like their mother. Addy spent most of her time playing with the peg toy and the hammer toy, so she's entered childhood with a dot of mechanical, logic, and creativity. Vic spent most of his time playing the the rabbit head and the xylophone so he's got a dot or two of creativity and charisma.

Scholar
#132 Old 16th Dec 2019 at 2:20 PM
Broke, various:

Ruby is an excellent mother to her odd brood. She makes a point to talk to each of her kids one on one every day, no matter how tired she is and see what's going on with them. She also makes sure to bring them on outings to Pleasantview and Bluewaters' cultural institutions. Mike and Melissa both want to go to college and seem to be on their way to scholarships! This is the only way they could afford to go. Mike rage-quit his job at the Electronics Superstore. Nicole and Jenna just aged up to teens and are very social. Nicole still can't sit still and is going out for track. Jenna is leaning more towards student government. Ruby has been dating again, if by dating, we mean sleeping around.

Buck and Darlene continue to live the easy life on a shoestring. Their tight knit clan is gregarious and full of fun and mischief, except little Jimmy, Trigger's boy. I've never seen such a miserable child! It's like his fun meter is set to drain quicker than anyone else. Flat and Flip are probably not going to make it to college without a ton of hard work. They both seem to be allergic to it... Flat had the wish to go, but getting him to do homework and skill is like pulling teeth. Steph is an over-achiever she's pulling down an A average, an internship with the local marine biology lab, and a grueling practice schedule.

Brandi is confused about how her kids got so big. Little Devin just aged up to child and looks completely different than Beau and Dustin. People are talking, she just knows it. She got a sympathetic look from someone at church and just about hung her head. Beau and Dustin look just like Skip, but Devin is all her, but with his father's eyes. She tells herself it doesn't matter what people say, she knows the truth. Dustin got a full ride to Sim State U and will be starting in the Fall. Beau just aged up to teen and has gone out for drama club. The whole clan is suspicious of that, ain't no one done THAT before.

Lothario:

The twins aged up to child and have gleefully begun school. Don knows that he should go back to work, but can't quite bring himself to do it.

Caliente/Langarek:

Kaylyn is living her dream in the education field and has been climbing the ranks pretty quickly. She got a little drunk and invited Don over to celebrate her promotion. They're normally fastidious about birth control, but this time he showed up and they just fell into bed. She just had a baby girl named Harley.

Nina may not be spending the rest of her life with Gilbert Jacquet, but he's a really good Mr Right Now. He moved in and they're enjoying themselves. Nina got accidentally pregnant and they moved into a new build next to the cemetery. It's a four bedroom, 2 bathroom craftsmen. They're being conservative in furnishing it, focusing on the rooms they're using a lot and waiting on the others. Their formal dining room is empty between the kitchen and the living room. Two bedrooms are empty as we wait for their occupants.

Jacquet:

Denise got a small apartment in the same building as the Oldies. She's quite happy living with her cat (one of the Dreamers kittens), offering financial consulting, and painting.

Dreamer:

They moved to a large, old house and are fixing it up to be their ideal home. They are not too happy with it thus far, but it should be big enough for everyone. Tara sold the kittens off to Wanda Tinker and Denise Jacquet. Then she took the cats to be fixed. The babies aged up to toddler and Dirk went off to college with a full ride. Darren could burst with pride!

Tinker:

Melody learns faster than any sim I've ever seen that isn't using the thinking cap. Wanda is pregnant and I hope it isn't twins. They opened a home business and it's stupidly hard. Stephen got a job in Law Enforcement and loves it.

Landgraab:

Malcolm got the Electronics Supercenter up to a level 5 and Club Dante is a level 3. Club Dante is barely breaking even, while the Electronics Supercenter makes bank. Dina had her baby, a boy, Malcolm Landgraab V. Then she immediately got pregnant again. They're hoping for a girl this time.

Oldie:

Reid got an A+ and got the wish to go to private school. So we invited the headmaster over for dinner. Stupid classist bastard spends the evening enjoying their hospitality and then says that their two bedroom apartment isn't stimulating enough for a child and they aren't the kind of family they want at their school. Well, fine, we don't want to go to your stupid school, anyway!

Scholar
#133 Old 23rd Dec 2019 at 6:50 PM
All the sims that were teens at the beginning of the game are now in college and the children are teens. The first kids that were born in game are now aging up to child. I've finished up the first semester of freshman year. Everyone made dean's list except Dustin who slept through his final because it was scheduled for 4:00 AM. Now he's repeating that semester over and I'm so angry on his behalf, but it works for storytelling. He's in the same dorm as Dirk and they've made friends with each other and the random bin sims I threw in there. I'm hoping that they'll fall in love with someone that isn't one of the Pleasant twins. It turns out that Flat Broke is gay, so that's interesting.

I've made up some rules under which a sim will keep their name or take their partner's name. A female sim with high interest in politics and culture will keep her name on marriage. A male sim with high interest in politics and culture or a degree in philosophy will take a female sim's name. If none of those conditions are met, the female sim will take the male sim's name. A single mother will always pass her name down to the baby.

Lab Assistant
#134 Old 8th Feb 2020 at 1:20 PM
To celebrate the fact that 8 of my Sims became elders on the first day of my new rotation I've recreated some old photos (from two and a half years ago):

That being said I'll go now and delete the save where they are elders because guess what? Catrina glitched again (that's what? The third time? Fourth? I don't even know anymore) and reverted back to being a teenager, so it's time to bring out the backup. Thankfully I'll only lose like two in-game days for each family (and two years of college for Lucas) this time around. But I'm still seeing a dive into a ladderless pool in Catrina's near future because I'm sick and tired of this s***.
Lab Assistant
#135 Old 29th Feb 2020 at 5:45 PM
Okay, I've actually found another backup I'd forgotten about and so only had to replay the Goths, Dreamers and Teens (as well Lucas' last two years of college). I'm almost back to the point of gameplay I was at before Catrina glitched on me. Speaking of which, Catrina's still alive because when she's not destroying my game progress she's actually one of my favorites and I can't bring myself to kill her. I'm going to regret this, aren't I?

In terms of actual gameplay news, Dustin Pleasant (Broke) and Lilith Dreamer (Pleasant) died. There's only 3 premades left now (4 if you count Mia "Unborn Baby" Broke).
Hector Goth and his wife Daria (Dreamer) divorced. He moved on quickly and is due to marry Kestrel Teens when I'll next play him. Thetis Goth and Paul Pleasant tied the knot. I was planning on them holding of a bit with having kids but ACR and risky woohoo had other ideas. She's pregnant with twins now. Her twin sister Themis and Parker Langerak want to get married, too, while Parker's sister Mae sometimes dreams of marrying Lucas Burb even though she's still not in love with him. Lucas on the other hand loves Mae but isn't keen on marriage. He moved in with her after he graduated though, mostly because Mae's broke and won't be able to pay the next bills without help. Plus she has a two bedroom apartment so they're going to be some kind of flatmates with benefits for now.

I've also sat down and wrote a list of all Sims who are teens or younger to see how I could pair them up in the future so everyone's with another playable. I've found possible matches for everyone down to Nestor Goth who's only a toddler right now. That leaves me with a plan for everyone except the Caliente triplets. I'm saving that headache for another day: not only aren't there any playables left as romantic prospects for them but everyone I can see having kids in the near future is either their aunt or uncle. That's going to be a problem...
Test Subject
#136 Old 23rd Jul 2020 at 12:55 PM
great idea thank you!
Test Subject
#137 Old 3rd Nov 2020 at 12:49 PM
This should be fun. Just downloaded the game and doing some CC shopping before I start.
Mad Poster
#138 Old 10th Nov 2020 at 5:29 AM
This might be fun to do with the template version of the empty terrain and have the last names of the original families being used for the playable townies and resident families along with a few families of my own included and the town will start off empty and gradually get populated over time starting fromthe 17th cnetury colonial era until modern times as an Eastern New England colony when Eurpeand began settling the new world.I'll have a combination of Apocalypse challenge and BACC rules invloved in the game with the fact that I have to keep as many family names of the original settllers going as I can for as many generations as I can.
Mad Poster
#139 Old 18th Jun 2021 at 7:55 PM
Stay Tuned, something is coming around the corner.

All my Beginning Hoods here at MTS. http://www.modthesims.info/member.php?u=7749491
All my Beginning Hoods as Shopping Districts plus Old Town. http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=523417
MooVille, a tribute to Mootilda and her fabulous lots http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=534158
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#140 Old 18th Jun 2021 at 8:52 PM
Quote: Originally posted by marka93
After not being able to play for 2 1/2 years now I am trying to get started in playing this again.

Exciting! What happened to stop you from playing?
Mad Poster
#141 Old 18th Jun 2021 at 9:25 PM
Quote: Originally posted by simsample
Exciting! What happened to stop you from playing?

A bad power surge protector costing me over 12k worth of computers and components.
I was lucky that the warranty on it was still good and got a check for the damage.

And after making many different hoods at and during the same time of playing I got burnt out on playing.
The hood I lost I was working on 3 different "Challenges" at the same time in the same hood and having many of the 3rd gen already born and then losing it all the way back to only 3 teens in the 2nd gen back up hood It was to much for me.
At least one of my backup drives that was damage but I could pull some of the hoods out of that is where I got the backup game with the 3 teens in it.
It took 3 hours to transfer the hoods out but only the one for this challenge was worth the time.

Mad Poster
#142 Old 19th Jun 2021 at 6:28 PM
@Marka93 -That's about as bad as not having the functional version of AVG PC TuneUp that let me manage computer modes and stopped me from playing for a few weeks until I could find a replacement system.I've also had times when I stopped playing TS2 for a few years because it was on my oldest laptop and now I recently had a fix for an issue that was making apartments unplayable because the walk to work action was missing.I found a Mod fix for that one and am now forced to play my Pleansview EPic Challenge with my own renditions of the Pleasantview ancestors starting with the initial settlement of the colony in the 17th century.I'm using the blank terrain instead of the town shpped with the game to avoid losing it to town corruption.I had a jump bug once a few years back ruiin a TS2 folder and was lucky to have a very recent back up copy before the damage orrured to revert to and I downloaded a time freezer clock to use in place of the sethour cheat.
Mad Poster
#143 Old 19th Jun 2021 at 9:57 PM Last edited by marka93 : 20th Jun 2021 at 9:27 AM.
Goth and family will move soon to this 6 bedroom house, then once Mort and Bella get married they will move into Sims 1 style house until Alex is born then off to Pleasantview Goth house.

ADD: 6 bedrooms was not enough so I changed it to 10 bedrooms!
Screenshots

Mad Poster
#144 Old 20th Jun 2021 at 7:30 PM
I'm working on my family listings and the backstories of each couple.I'll have the Jankowsky Family arrive forst and take their homestead and about a year later Andy Pleasant arrives with her new husband Carol from the farm in England they were indentured to by the workhouse in the late 16th century as children with their parents.Sam and Tracy Goth were of German origins who'd fled to England in the Turkish inavsions in the 16th century and ended up getting passage to the new world after laving the workhouse they were forced to reside in after losing the small farm they'd previously owned.
Mad Poster
#145 Old 20th Jun 2021 at 8:05 PM
After combining the Goth's and the Crumplebottom's in the same house due to all the graves in the Pleasantview Goth house I can see why they had so much money.

Just now all have age up to teens and working on the skills to go off to collage in a little over a week from now there setting on over 200K.
Screenshots

Scholar
#146 Old 21st Jun 2021 at 3:43 PM Last edited by sturlington : 22nd Jun 2021 at 1:45 AM.
People are still posting to this thread, so I figure it's okay to post my updates here. I'm loosely doing this challenge, although I am not keeping score and I am not keeping the Oldies name. (The Oldies started my retirement home and have already passed on.) I also have a few rules around trying for baby and marriage that helps keep the population down and decides which names are passed on. I did allow all the main families to try for baby once during the first round and got lucky in that everyone did have a baby to pass on their name. I decided all the premades were Gen 0, and the first generation began with the first born-in-game Sim, which was unborn Broke baby.

BROKE:
Dustin Broke married Angela Pleasant and they had two kids: Nathan Broke (college) and Wanda Broke (child).
Beau Broke married Kaylynn Langerak and they are expecting.
Bobbi Broke (Brandi's unborn baby) died as a teen while grilling hot dogs, my only non-elder death so far.

BURB
John and Jennifer Burb had one child after Lucy: Donald Burb. John is still alive, but Jennifer died after setting a kitchen fire and then getting scared by the ghost of Dora Ottamas twice in quick succession (this was in the retirement home).
Donald married Fiona Lothario and they had one child, the first baby of Gen 2: Barry Burb (child).

CALIENTE
Nina Caliente had two oopsie babies with Don Lothario: Gerry and Leon Caliente. Don ended their relationship when he saw her out with Daniel Pleasant. Nina is now an elder. Gerry is an adult and single. Leon is an adult and engaged to Meadow Thayer.

DREAMER
Darren Dreamer married Brandi Broke and they had two kids: Olivia Dreamer (college) and Ronny Dreamer (teen). Darren has now passed.
Dirk Dreamer married Lilith Dreamer and they had one kid: Michael Dreamer. Michael is now an adult and married Lacey Lothario, but I'm not sure their marriage is going to last after what happened at their wedding (see the What's Happening in Your Game thread for details).

GOTH
Mortimer Goth married Dina Caliente and they had one child: Emmaline Goth. Mortimer has passed, of course, and Dina is an elder living in the retirement home with her sister. Emmaline is now an adult and had an oopsie baby with townie Abhijeet Deppiesse: Emilio Goth.
Alexander Goth married Lucy Burb and they had three children: Rhiannon Goth (teen), Ulysses Goth (teen), and Dante Goth (toddler). They are probably not done having children either since they are both Family Sims.

LOTHARIO
Don Lothario married Cassandra Goth and they had three children: Fiona Lothario (now married to Donald Burb), Lacey Lothario (now married to Michael Dreamer), and Sterling Lothario (teen). Don and Cassandra are still happily married and they are elders.

PLEASANT
Daniel and Mary-Sue Pleasant had one child after the twins: Chase Pleasant. Chase is an adult, and is single and gay.
After Mary-Sue divorced Daniel, he had an oopsie baby with townie Brandi LeTourneau: Oscar Pleasant (now in college).
Daniel and Mary-Sue have both passed.
Mad Poster
#147 Old 21st Jun 2021 at 7:27 PM
Okay on the restart that I had to do all the 2nd gen are now at collage, all 17

Now class listen up.
Screenshots

Mad Poster
#148 Old 21st Jun 2021 at 9:15 PM
Andy Pleasant married Carol Walker in England and they struggled with a lot of hardship being farm laborers and not owning the land they farmed which drove them to head over to where another couple was already settled in the new world to start making it a new colony.They could only fulfill their dream to own the land they were farming by moving to the colonial settlement in the early 17th century and taking a homestead there.
The Pleasant couple is the second family that will be settling into Pleasant Valley in my Pleasantview Epic Challenge and my rules are that the families have to be my own reditions of them or their ancestors as I'm starting at the turn of the 17th century when the colony was first settled by the Jankowskys who are one of the ancestoral lines of the Goth family.
Mad Poster
#149 Old 22nd Jun 2021 at 7:15 PM
Doing a lot of clean up and changing the houses to 10 bedrooms to handle 2-3 gens at the same time.
(I no longer play to keep Sims alive but let them go as the game goes.)

Top left to right: Goth, Pleasant and Burb.
Bottom left to right: Lothario, Dreamer and Newbie/Broke.
Since I already have baby pics of the 3rd gen in this thread I will not post any until the 3rd gen ages up to child.
Screenshots

Mad Poster
#150 Old 22nd Jun 2021 at 7:40 PM
Sam Goth came over with her husband Tracy after helping to load a colonial supply ship to unload at the colony and to take a homestead for starting their new lives as colonial settlers in Pleasant Valley.They were from the Swiss Alps near the German boarder and also are partly German and hoped to have better lives in a new colony.
Mike Broke got married to Haley Twist and he became Haley Broke and they both after a spell of bad luck hit them hard forcing them into a workhouse and to eventually take passage on a colonial supply ship to Pleasant Valley to unload it and stake a homestead claim for their new lives as colonial settlers living on their farm and working the land.
Page 6 of 7