Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
#601 Old 19th Feb 2022 at 5:55 AM
Wish there was a mod for removing limos and removing the children/teens curfew without both conflicting with each other.
Advertisement
Top Secret Researcher
#603 Old 19th Feb 2022 at 6:58 AM
I wish there is a mod that enables the cameraman (TAB) mode in buy/build mode (i.e. building with no sims in lot). Tried searching for one and I've only seen something for TS4. Is that a possibility though?

Looking for something converted to TS3? Visit Xto3 Conversions Finds for all your xto3 needs.
Main simblr: aisquaredchoco ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
My downloaded cc: ts3ccreblogsbyaisquared
Buy-build defaults database
Test Subject
#604 Old 19th Feb 2022 at 9:01 PM
I wish there was an update to this mod:https://modthesims.info/d/397507/ce...late-night.html
Although it's a miniscule detail I like that it has a unique skill certificate icon for some of the EP skills, but it was only ever updated to Late Night, leaving many to still be the regular skill icons :/
Forum Resident
#605 Old 20th Feb 2022 at 1:31 PM Last edited by Jathom95 : 20th Feb 2022 at 9:28 PM.
This is a small thing, but I really wish the earpiece from the Multitab (when they listen to a tabcast) could be used to listen to music and such. It would be perfect while they're working out at the gym or jogging.

I know there's the MP3 player from Showtime, but it's just kind of eh. Not really different from bringing a portable stereo. I like the visual indicator with the earpiece better.

You have been chosen. They will come soon.
Scholar
#606 Old 21st Feb 2022 at 1:05 AM
One of the things I usually avoid using in Sims 3 are the washing machines. Because, left to their own devices, sims will never clear up all the piles of clothing that accumulate, unless they have the neat trait. Two of my sims are currently at university, and the first thing I did after moving them into their student accommodation was remove the washer and the drier; they have more important and more interesting things to do than constantly collect up piles of laundry.

But when my sims got round to visiting other lots I was quite appalled by what I found. Attending a party at the Sorority house I beheld a scene of horror: you could hardly move for tripping over heaps of putrid, discarded clothing! As Shakespeare's Falstaff put it: "there was the rankest compound of villainous smell that ever offended nostril". And he was talking about laundry too.

So now, wherever they go, if I find a mess like that, I click on the floor, select Nraas Master Controller and then Clean All. But I think that, in the interest of public health, a mod that would stop this from happening in inactive households would clean up the game in the most literal sense. I wonder how much lag all that laundry causes.

Legend is history as we would like it to be. We pick through the dusts of time for what is worth keeping and, here and there, we occasionally find treasure.

Simblr: Elyndaworld *** Wordpress: Tales of Nantrelor
Instructor
#607 Old 21st Feb 2022 at 1:10 AM
Doesn't Overwatch clean up laundry piles? I very well am probably remembering wrong. Maybe Chain would add it if it was requested.
Scholar
#608 Old 21st Feb 2022 at 1:42 AM
There is an option to Clean up Laundromat in Overwatch, but I'm not sure if that applies to just the laundromat or to inactive residential lots too.

EDIT: I just checked at the Nraas site: it is only for community laundromats.

Legend is history as we would like it to be. We pick through the dusts of time for what is worth keeping and, here and there, we occasionally find treasure.

Mad Poster
#609 Old 21st Feb 2022 at 1:59 AM
Nonamena had all of us laundry doers covered with her scripted hampers a very long time ago; sometimes I forget this is even a thing until a player helps me dredge up those memories I have of Uni World's dorms with each floor creaking under the weight of dirty laundry piles and the students who actually would go to classes if they could trapped inside. Thanks a bunch for the memories, now I'm going to have to have nightmares for a week again. These would be dorms where none of my active sims would be living, so typically I wouldn't look inside very often unless visiting.

From a programming but "why doesn't this game content all fit together?" standpoint, what happens is that these inactive sims remain animated just long enough to change their clothes once they get home, before they go into semi-hibernation. And when they do need to come out of hibernation to go somewhere, they may need to spin into outerwear or something else again. But they never have time while still animated to do laundry even if their traits dictate that they might want to.

http://www.simlogical.com/ContentUp...e/uploads/2266/
Scholar
#610 Old 21st Feb 2022 at 3:17 AM
I'll check out that Super hamper mod, it would certainly help out with my own active households. Thanks for the link igazor. As for the other dorms, I suppose I'll just have to carry on clicking on floors. A Watcher's work is never done!

Top Secret Researcher
#611 Old 21st Feb 2022 at 4:29 AM
Speaking of cleaning up and I may have asked this before, but I wish there was a mod to make NPC's working behind cash registers and in restaurants clean up the dirty dishes. I hate that my sim has to do her own dishes when eating out. Does this mod exist or is there a way to force NPC's to clean up the dishes?
Test Subject
#612 Old 21st Feb 2022 at 8:48 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Elynda
I'll check out that Super hamper mod, it would certainly help out with my own active households. Thanks for the link igazor. As for the other dorms, I suppose I'll just have to carry on clicking on floors. A Watcher's work is never done!

I am an avid user of the super hamper, and if you don't like the available designs you can just use the Transmogrifier to copy the script to other hampers. However, I still had the problem with the heaps of dirty laundry when visiting other households, I think? Or maybe that only happened when the hamper eventually got full, I have the version that can take 50 piles. I haven't played in a while now so I don't remember if I managed to find some kind of solution to it, just like you I did the MC Clean All whenever it happened.
Scholar
#613 Old 21st Feb 2022 at 10:57 AM
If you don't want laundry on the floor you can just use this mod
https://modthesims.info/d/460101/le...-the-floor.html
I'm on 1.69 and its still working for me.
Of course if you need mess in your own home than this is not what you want.

Wren-der Simblr // Sim Art // Pictures // Downloads // Random Nonsensical Rambling
Scholar
#614 Old 21st Feb 2022 at 10:17 PM
Ah! I didn't know about that one. I'll give it a try. Thanks.

Test Subject
#615 Old 22nd Feb 2022 at 11:16 PM
Unless it's out there and I just can't seem to find it, I wish there were a mod that made Sims 3 ghosts scare Sims like they did in Sims 2, with the possibility of the Sim dying from fear. Yes, Sims notice the ghosts and stop what they're doing (which is annoying LOL) but I wish they'd jump out of objects like in Sims 2 and say "Boo!" with a heightened response from the SIm.
Scholar
#616 Old 23rd Feb 2022 at 2:57 AM
It kind of does exist. Check out these mods, both fairly new.
https://modthesims.info/d/663159/9-new-death-types.html
https://modthesims.info/d/663457/sc...ghosts-mod.html
I don't think they are compatible, so i would only try one. I could be wrong on that though.

Wren-der Simblr // Sim Art // Pictures // Downloads // Random Nonsensical Rambling
Test Subject
#617 Old 24th Mar 2022 at 11:52 AM
Hi! Can someone create a mod that will make young adults and older people take part in trick or treat? (BTW. Sorry for my English).
Forum Resident
#618 Old 27th Mar 2022 at 9:22 PM
I wish there was a mod for Sims to change into athletic clothes when horseback riding!
Inventor
#619 Old 30th Mar 2022 at 7:48 PM
Quote: Originally posted by lakme
I wish there was a mod for Sims to change into athletic clothes when horseback riding!

Not that this solves your issue completely but you could place this sign (or whatever you choose to use) in your Barn or Tack (room should be enclosed) and set it to Athletic so they will change to that outfit. https://modthesims.info/d/477049/dr...by-consort.html
If you leave it in say an open barn everyone that walks into the Barn would change to Athletic versus if you make a specific changing room. I put this on my backdoor of my house and every time someone came on the lot it changed them into swimwear so lesson learned to enclose it so I made a mudroom to the backyard and using the transmogrifier mod https://modthesims.info/d/592332/th...pt-changer.html I turned a painting to have the functionality from the sign (not everyone wants a pool sign in their mudroom)
Lab Assistant
#620 Old 18th Apr 2022 at 8:35 PM
I wish there was a mod that differentiated Imaginary Friends from "real" sims in some way. Maybe they don't have to eat? Maybe they don't have to sleep? I dunno. Anything really.
Field Researcher
#621 Old 22nd Apr 2022 at 8:55 PM
I wish there was a mod to change the sims voices. I know we can do it in CAS, but I mean, instead of the three defaults - different ones. I'm sure there's a way to do it but perhaps it's also too hard-coded.

Dead Ringers
Discord: RedBaroness13
Test Subject
#622 Old 12th May 2022 at 3:58 PM
Would be great to have a mod that adds NRAAS Register interactions to all objects so you can have sims performing what ever you want all the time, like I want a chef for the teppanyaki grill to serve my customers in my sushi restaurant.
Field Researcher
#623 Old 13th May 2022 at 5:13 AM
I would LOVE a sims 3 version of the Sims 4 herbalism skill. I know we have some elements of it in Sims 3, but I want it all.
Scholar
#624 Old 13th May 2022 at 1:14 PM
Quote: Originally posted by LemonyLin
I would LOVE a sims 3 version of the Sims 4 herbalism skill. I know we have some elements of it in Sims 3, but I want it all.

From what I can find it seems kind of like Alchemy in the Elder Scrolls games. In TES games you can also taste the herbs, mushrooms etc to discover traits. Although the potions you create in TES, are more like TS3 Alchemy elixirs in effect. Sims 3 Alchemy skill is quite elaborate as well btw. But I thought Sims 4 also had Alchemy? I saw cauldrons on pictures. In what way is herbalism skill different from alchemy skill?
Field Researcher
#625 Old 15th May 2022 at 7:50 AM
Quote: Originally posted by mithrak_nl
From what I can find it seems kind of like Alchemy in the Elder Scrolls games. In TES games you can also taste the herbs, mushrooms etc to discover traits. Although the potions you create in TES, are more like TS3 Alchemy elixirs in effect. Sims 3 Alchemy skill is quite elaborate as well btw. But I thought Sims 4 also had Alchemy? I saw cauldrons on pictures. In what way is herbalism skill different from alchemy skill?

For me it's honestly just a variety in activities. I also tend to personally think of the herbalism skill as being more like old fashioned medicinal treatments, where is the alchemy skill is a lot more magic focused. I do admit there is some overlap for sure though.
And yes, sims 4 has alchemy too, it was re-introduced with the witch pack I think.

The alchemy skill in Sims 4 has a lot of neat stuff, though now I kinda want to make a mad ferret collection of all the potions from all the things. LOL
Page 25 of 35