Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 18th Apr 2022 at 12:20 PM Last edited by Lilly Rose1231 : 18th Apr 2022 at 1:15 PM.

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Windows 11 - Game Using Integrated Chipset Only
I recently got a new laptop and am trying to get TS2 going on this thing. So far my main issue is that I can't get the game to use the dedicated GPU at all. I have an Nvidia GeForce RTX 3060 (mobile). I used the Nvidia control panel to set the game to use the dedicated GPU, and I also changed the global settings to default to using the GPU. No dice. It's still running with the integrated Intel card and exploding into terrifying graphical artifacts. I attached the config log in case that helps.

Edit: I am a dummy and found the solution only about 20 threads back. I had to change the graphics card affiliation in the Windows settings, too. Settings > Graphics > Custom options for apps.
Attached files:
File Type: txt  LILLYP-config-log.txt (10.4 KB, 3 downloads)