Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 7th May 2022 at 7:55 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default game's crashing when i want to see my uni sims' classes!
so i have two sims in college, one just graduated freshman year and the other graduated sophomore year. of course i'd wanna check what class they have and what skills are needed etc. and as soon as i open the 'career tab' the game crashes. i've tried multiple times but it just happens over and over again. i have a shorter uni mod (8 days), maternity for young adults (no one in the dorm's pregnant though) and i also have the 'college assignment is fun' mod if that helps. i've also used the visitor controller to ban the mailman and the cow mascot npc
Advertisement
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#2 Old 7th May 2022 at 11:39 PM
Constant crashing means it's time to make a back up.
Then I would run Hood Checker
If that doesn't fix it I would move the sims out of the lot they are on into a blank lot and see how they play there. Fixed? It's the lot.
Go clean the empty lot with the lot cleaner globe.
Lot not the issue? Then remove the download folder and see if no CC fixes it. If it does then its time for a 50/50 hunt.

Those are your three major causes of crashing:
Something wrong with the sims (Hood Checker)
Something wrong with the lot: Clean it of bugs with Chris Hatch lot cleaner
Something wrong with your CC: 50/50 hunt to isolate the files.

If it's CC then after removing whatever bad files or clash was causing it revert to the back up you made removing the problem file/s. It does not have to be a mod, it could even be something as random as a shirt.

Make sure you are also deleting the cache files. And don't forget to check the Saved Sims folder, CC can lurk in there.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Test Subject
#3 Old 17th Aug 2022 at 6:57 PM
I had the same issue with two Sims (out of about 20 in College) and removed my custom majors. This worked!
However, Sims which had progressed beyond the point at which they could change majors did not return to default courses, instead becoming adults with no option to select a major (change major options gone), though remaining in their college lots. I think my only option is to return to my backed up game from before I removed the custom majors, isolate the two that glitch, and graduate the others before removing the custom majors again and graduating the two whose major is glitching. I wish I had a record of that major was so I could remove it by itself!
Hope this helps.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#4 Old 18th Aug 2022 at 1:36 AM
Quote: Originally posted by sericulus
I had the same issue with two Sims (out of about 20 in College) and removed my custom majors. This worked!
However, Sims which had progressed beyond the point at which they could change majors did not return to default courses, instead becoming adults with no option to select a major (change major options gone), though remaining in their college lots. I think my only option is to return to my backed up game from before I removed the custom majors, isolate the two that glitch, and graduate the others before removing the custom majors again and graduating the two whose major is glitching. I wish I had a record of that major was so I could remove it by itself!
Hope this helps.

Just like a custom job you need to have the sims quit or change job/majors and then remove it.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~