Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Instructor
Original Poster
#1 Old 9th May 2022 at 10:54 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default First Born Syndrome
I have this couple who met randomly so I wasn't able to roll the pacifier in CAS. Is there some other way to not get a identical sibling? A mod or a trick in the game? I remember in the past clearly getting different siblings (not always) but since I discovered this glitch I'm so annoyed whenever a clone is born.
Advertisement
Forum Resident
#2 Old 9th May 2022 at 12:32 PM
How Sims meet has nothing to do with First Born Syndrome. You can simply save your neighborhood, go into CAS, generate a random number of Sims (not even saving them) or use the pacifier some number of times and then reload the neighborhood. As long as you don't exit the game completely, your Sims should be sufficiently randomized after doing this.

I simply make it a point every time I start my game to go into CAS and generate some number of random Sims (generally 1 to 8) before I even select my first family to play that session.

All of my Conversions, Creations and Stories may be found here:
HobbesED's Conversions and Creations

My most recently shared items (with pictures) may also be found here:
HobbesED's Dreamwidth

Mad Poster
#3 Old 9th May 2022 at 12:33 PM
You can open CAS and roll the pacifier at the start of your play session - or if you forgot, go to the neighborhood, CAS, roll the pacifier, then go back to the family.

There's LadyDuchess' RPC mod, but that one has a bunch of other things attached, so it depends whether you want all the other things, too.
Mad Poster
#4 Old 10th May 2022 at 10:14 AM
One option is to go into CAS from the town view and create a few ramdome playable townie couples to be moved into the town at a later date or at least one at the start of each playing session where you might be having a couple trying for a baby.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#5 Old 10th May 2022 at 10:45 AM
Quote: Originally posted by moonlight__
I have this couple who met randomly so I wasn't able to roll the pacifier in CAS. Is there some other way to not get a identical sibling? A mod or a trick in the game? I remember in the past clearly getting different siblings (not always) but since I discovered this glitch I'm so annoyed whenever a clone is born.

First born syndrome occurs to the second and subsequent children when a couple has a baby and you save and exit the game. Then you load the game and give them a second child -it is that child who has first born syndrome meaning they are a clone of the first child. They will have the same genetics, personality and hobby. They can be the opposite gender. The first child can't have it, they are the first child, but the second child will be a copy if you save and exit and reload without randomizing.
Either do that in CAS or with the Bat Box.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#6 Old 11th May 2022 at 6:44 PM
I would use CAS to create a few randomized couples or at least one at the start of each session before trying for a baby in one of my households where they were about to start a family or to have a second child.It's how I avoided that issue on my old computer when I played a vanilla game.