Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 1st Jun 2022 at 5:03 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Bon Voyage
Default Smoothing works, but there are jagged spots
Hello. Recently installed the game on my new laptop.
windows 10, AMD Radeon. OZU 4GB. 64bit

I did not install any special programs for the video card. Since the laptop is modern, and anti-aliasing is already configured.
Used only Graphis Rules to add memory ..
The anti-aliasing itself works, but notches are still visible. And when i move the camera away, i can also notice it.
This seems to be configured by a special program for the video card, however, after such manipulations, the game produces graphical noise.
Making changes in the config folder did not give any results.
What else can be done to cure it?
[IMG][/IMG]
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 1st Jun 2022 at 5:29 AM
You mean around the straws, and other alpha'd items? Could just be the texture.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 1st Jun 2022 at 8:51 AM Last edited by ftsims2 : 1st Jun 2022 at 10:04 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by simmer22
You mean around the straws, and other alpha'd items? Could just be the texture.

It's definitely not about the textures.
I can say that the solution to this problem should be the program AMD Software, and there select the anti-aliasing mode - Supersample anti-aliasing - SSAA and enable Anisotropic Filtering
However, for some reason these settings cause graphical noise for me.
"Flickering" anti-aliasing also appears on wood flooring when the camera is zoomed out, that is the effect of ripples in the eyes occurs

The rest of the smoothing works.
Mad Poster
#4 Old 1st Jun 2022 at 3:55 PM
Is it something you can take a picture of or capture in a video? There's an arrow in the picture, but it doesn't seem to be pointing to anything, and other than that I can't see any issues in the picture above, so it's a bit difficult to know exactly which issue you're talking about.

There are some issues that could cause flickering or noise, but the solution could depend on how it looks and how bad it is.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 1st Jun 2022 at 5:20 PM
Quote: Originally posted by simmer22
Is it something you can take a picture of or capture in a video? There's an arrow in the picture, but it doesn't seem to be pointing to anything, and other than that I can't see any issues in the picture above, so it's a bit difficult to know exactly which issue you're talking about.

There are some issues that could cause flickering or noise, but the solution could depend on how it looks and how bad it is.

The video file had to be archived

I think this has to do with anti-aliasing, because it didn’t exist on the old laptop, because the graphics program helped.
On the new laptop, I did not have to adjust anti-aliasing, because everything was fine. However, I noticed some interference in the movement of the camera, and some bushes have staggering.
But in general, smoothing works.
Attached files:
File Type: rar  Sims2EP9RPC 2022-06-02 02-07-25-22.rar (113.71 MB, 3 downloads)
Description: The video file had to be archived I think this has to do with anti-aliasing, because it didn’t exist on the old laptop, because the graphics program helped. On the new laptop, I did not have to adjust anti-aliasing, because everything was fine. However, I noticed some interference in the movement