Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 28th Jun 2022 at 11:12 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default having a issue with the 4gb patch
Hello! I have been having an issue where applying the 4 GB patch prevents the game from playing when I start it from Origin. 

Before applying it, the game starts fine, but after applying it to the Fun With Pets> SP9>TSBin>Sims2EP9 game exe, it won't launch at all.

Here are steps I have done to try and test:
1. Cleared Cache
2. Repaired Game in Origin
3. Renamed my folder to see if it will create a new folder and launch, it doesn't

I followed the steps as outlined in this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kQc...TeaAddict

Can anyone think of any other reason the patch would be doing this? Many people apply it and their game can play fine, so what am I doing differently?
Advertisement
Space Pony
#2 Old 12th Aug 2022 at 8:25 PM
Quote: Originally posted by LeighPlaysTheSims
Hello! I have been having an issue where applying the 4 GB patch prevents the game from playing when I start it from Origin. 

Before applying it, the game starts fine, but after applying it to the Fun With Pets> SP9>TSBin>Sims2EP9 game exe, it won't launch at all.

Here are steps I have done to try and test:
1. Cleared Cache
2. Repaired Game in Origin
3. Renamed my folder to see if it will create a new folder and launch, it doesn't

I followed the steps as outlined in this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kQc...TeaAddict

Can anyone think of any other reason the patch would be doing this? Many people apply it and their game can play fine, so what am I doing differently?

Don't launch it through Origin, that's the only thing I can think of. Instead, launch it directly.
Mad Poster
#3 Old 13th Aug 2022 at 2:01 AM
Have you at any time moved the EXE file (I know some tutorials say you should do that when applying the patch)? If so, Origin probably won't let you launch the game. That method works for some people, but maybe not for everyone.

There's also the option of going around Origin with a NoCD patch. The link above the downloads here has one that works for the UC (mediafire link, George).