Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Instructor
Original Poster
#1 Old 1st Aug 2022 at 4:10 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Seasons
Default Start building the Ark, honey - Junior's in the shower!
Anyone know what is is that makes showering Sims constantly flood their bathrooms? It's not just sometimes... it's every time, and no, it's not just the kids. My Sims are not, I believe, overly messy - at least, not all of them. Is it the specific 'brand' of shower? I can't really detect any difference between the various ones, although since I normally install the Coloratura one, I thought at first that maybe that was the issue... but as you can see, I have a different one, and now Mom has left a nice little pond for young Holly to splash in. Taking a bath, no problem. But when they shower, it's like Niagara Falls came in through the bathroom window. I'm guessing there's probably some clever thing I could download that would force them to keep the water in the tub: "Bathe Civilized" or whatever. But is this a common complaint, or is it just something messed up in my game?
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 1st Aug 2022 at 5:03 AM
It's sloppy personality.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#3 Old 1st Aug 2022 at 5:12 AM
Sims with 3 or less neat points leave the puddles. Check how many points the mother has. The other reason would be a broken shower.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#4 Old 1st Aug 2022 at 1:09 PM
You might also notice the bladder bar going to green...
Mad Poster
#5 Old 1st Aug 2022 at 1:52 PM
Probably neat points.
Maybe these bath mats can help (so sims don't have to start canooing around in the bathroom)?
https://modthesims.info/d/310109/th...le-suckers.html
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#6 Old 1st Aug 2022 at 2:09 PM
As well as those bathmats, I like Yedda's drains too- in case your bathrooms are of a less fluffy aesthetic:
https://modthesims.info/d/210454/up...prevention.html
Useful for Uni sprinkler pranks, too!
Mad Poster
#7 Old 1st Aug 2022 at 2:14 PM
There's also the Pue Del floor drain by yedda_2000 that drains away any water spilt within 3 tiles. (Also a version with a GUID that drains the whole room.)

[EDIT] Ninja'd by the great simsample!!

All Sims are beautiful -- even the ugly ones.
My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
The Veronaville kids are alright.
Forum Resident
#8 Old 1st Aug 2022 at 2:34 PM
What's even funnier is when they take a shower and leave puddles and the shower breaks flooding the whole bathroom. The sim attempts to clean up the water as it's leaking all over the floor. The sim is fighting a perpetual losing battle in which your sim cannot win.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#9 Old 1st Aug 2022 at 11:02 PM
Quote: Originally posted by pianogrinder
What's even funnier is when they take a shower and leave puddles and the shower breaks flooding the whole bathroom. The sim attempts to clean up the water as it's leaking all over the floor. The sim is fighting a perpetual losing battle in which your sim cannot win.

Quite handy if you want them to gain cleaning points though.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Instructor
Original Poster
#10 Old 4th Aug 2022 at 4:58 AM
[QUOTE=simmer22]Probably neat points.

Thanks, those look like real bath mats, too. Cheers.
Instructor
Original Poster
#11 Old 4th Aug 2022 at 5:07 AM
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
Sims with 3 or less neat points leave the puddles. Check how many points the mother has. The other reason would be a broken shower.

Three is pretty low, and I don't usually have Sims that are that sloppy, as they tend to require constant babysitting to prevent the house from filling up with trash, dirty dishes... and eventually vermin. Unless it's based on a specifically slovenly person or TV character, in which case I try to make sure there's at least one neatnik in the household to keep a lid on things. My upper-class twits tend to be not overly neat, but also tend to have maids on retainer to clear up the stately homes that they're constantly befouling. I'm not sure the maids handle puddles, though, especially if they have a lot of other territory to cover. Anyhow, I'll take a closer look, but in my mind it was seeming to be turning into a pandemic of puddle proliferation.
Instructor
Original Poster
#12 Old 4th Aug 2022 at 5:13 AM
Quote: Originally posted by simsample
As well as those bathmats, I like Yedda's drains too- in case your bathrooms are of a less fluffy aesthetic:
https://modthesims.info/d/210454/up...prevention.html
Useful for Uni sprinkler pranks, too!

I did find those drains, but then I couldn't remember what they were classified as in the catalog... for a water-removal device to be included in with the things that caused the problem didn't occur to me. I do like the bath mats, but drains would be good for certain situations. Thanks!