Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 22nd Aug 2022 at 8:43 AM
Default Is It Safe?
Hi,
I have a question that hopefully can be answered. I have recently kept my old original EA/Maxis templates that came with the game that create the NPC's like: Hot Dog Chef, Bellhop, University Townies, Apartment Life Townies, FreeTime Hobby People/Townies, etc... And i want to keep them for this reason because i love all the original townies and NPC's that originally shipped with this game and that i was kind of devestated that the clean templates didn't have these sims. but what im worried about is im open to major corruption now aren't I? I did a test hood with these templates in it and the only problem i was seemingly having was i believe the bellhops having the "Subject Doesn't Exist" in Hoodchecker. I've tried removing them multiple times but it doesn't work and when i check their character in simPE, they "know" the unsafe NPC's as Hula Zombie, Therapist, Grim Reaper which absolutely terrifies me that what ive done is unsafe. Please let me know.
Thankyou
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 22nd Aug 2022 at 10:31 AM
There is a clean Pleasantview template that has all the townies in it. That's the only one you need with townies, other neighborhoods will generate townies based on what is in the Pleasantview template.
Test Subject
#3 Old 5th Sep 2022 at 12:59 AM
I recently asked something similar might want to take a look at Ran hood checker on a new pleasantville and lots of problems?

But in summary use hoodchecker, clean out everything it can and you will always find those 3 bellhops. I ran into the same thing. The general consensus is this shouldn't be a problem long term as the sim they had a interaction with (met) no longer exists (something Maxis did but didn't clear out). You can zap those 3 memories with SimPE if you want, but I haven't yet. I may, but I am not as worried as I was before. As long as you clean with hoodchecker on a regular basis and only see those 3 memories left, you should be fine. But do backup before cleaning to be on the safe side.