Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 29th Aug 2022 at 11:06 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Custom content hairs show bald when sim goes underwater while swimming in the ocean
Hi there! First of all, just wanna say I've read the guides and I'm pretty sure this is not a case of bad cc because both hairstyles work amazing in my game, but this "visual" glitch is rather odd and only happens when my sim is on the ocean (got all EPS and stuff packs which doesn't probably help but thought to mention I guess ). So as the title says, two hairstyles I have (one from peggy, 03927 and the other from Wings hair, Sgly) go bald whenever my sim swims in the ocean and also she is smaller than the others (stretchskeleton 0.9028 which makes some animations wonky and the reason she goes underwater for a bit while swimming in the sea).

This also happens to my teen girl and shes normal size I don't know if this happened to anyone else, I searched on google for clues but got none

Also I play with sims/objects in high detail plus textures on high and mostly all on high except shadows, lightning, reflections and smooth edges that are turned off I don't need those

Any help is appreciated. Unless it has no solution which I'm fine with but just found this glitch yesterday while I was casually playing and thought to ask about it Sorry no pics
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 29th Aug 2022 at 12:29 PM
For the hairs - do you have the UseShaders cheat active (usually in the "userStartup" file)? If not, that could be why the sims appear to go bald, especially if the hairs are high-poly or around that limit. The UseShaders cheat is needed to properly render high-poly hair, and probably also to render it under water.

Shaders add a lot of effects in the game, so if you don't currently have UseShaders active and can manage fine without it, finding the hair issue to just be a minor annoyance, there shouldn't be a need to activate the cheat.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 29th Aug 2022 at 10:12 PM
So I just checked and I don't have useShaders on userStartup cheat, I wrote it and saved but it didn't do anything in game like I didn't saw any difference. Then I wrote it on the cheat bar and it did something (I don't know what) because game froze for 4-5 seconds, after that I turned off just to see what would happen and the game got choppy and laggy ASF. Btw I putted my sim in the ocean and the hair stayed bald everytime, weird. Welp I can live with it, thanks fot the help though I'm not gonna turn it off for now since it got really laggy when it was turned off.
Mad Poster
#4 Old 29th Aug 2022 at 11:46 PM
The shaders make the game look nicer, but they can be a bit of a strain on the game/computer. If your game starts lagging when using shaders, and you don't really have a reason to use the cheat, there's no reason to turn it on just to fix one minor annoyance.

It could be that sims' hair isn't meant to render properly under sea water, with or without shaders on.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 30th Aug 2022 at 1:00 AM
I guess so. I appreciate ur help thank u!