Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 4th Sep 2022 at 5:16 AM Last edited by Maulclaw : 4th Sep 2022 at 4:39 PM.

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default How to add the censor/mosaic back after removing it?
I wanted to test some skins and default replacements, so I ended up using the popular "SeeThem2" tool. It ended up making my Sims all purple and glitchy, and also T-posing. The file it added was removed, but once I booted up the game again... the mosaic was gone. And it simply refuses to add it back. I saw it had changed userStartup, and removing the new lines it added did nothing.

Any suggestions?
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 4th Sep 2022 at 5:43 AM
You have to double-click the program and click the boxes. The censor option adds a file to your Downloads folder called "Censor.package", this file needs to be directly in your Downloads folder (don't move it, or it will stop working).

You can let the options for the censor, 45 degree and Testingcheats be on (green checkmark) - testingcheats depends on whether you want it or not, but leave the last one off (snapobjects), or you won't be able to place objects properly. All these cheats can be added normally to your UserStartup file as well.

Once it's been set up the way you want it, don't touch the SeeThem EXE file, or the Censor.package file, especially if you do other changes to your UserStartup file (keep a backup if you've edited it a lot - the SeeThem file can and will delete everything in it if you're not careful).
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 4th Sep 2022 at 5:47 AM
Quote: Originally posted by simmer22
You have to double-click the program and tick the boxes. The censor option adds a file to your Downloads folder called "Censor.package", this file needs to be directly in your Downloads folder (don't move it, or it will stop working).

You can let the options for the censor, 45 degree and Testingcheats be on (green checkmark) - testingcheats depends on whether you want it or not, but leave the last one off (snapobjects), or you won't be able to place objects properly. All these cheats can be added normally to your UserStartup file as well.

Sorry, I should have added more info on my post. Using the program makes them T-pose and stuff. There are no new files in Downloads yet the mosaic are still gone. The program and its content are essentially gone now, but...
Mad Poster
#4 Old 4th Sep 2022 at 5:54 AM
Purple, T-posing sims is an issue that happens when the game runs out of texture memory. Also known as pink/purple-flashing. Can happen if your game isn't set up properly, or with the use of too much CC, too graphically demanding CC, too high graphic settings for the computer, and similar. Can't think of a good reason why it would happen if the censor is the only change, though.

If you want the mosaic back, you probably still have the "censor.package" in your downloads. Remove this, and the censor should be back.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 4th Sep 2022 at 6:10 AM
Quote: Originally posted by simmer22
Purple, T-posing sims is an issue that happens when the game runs out of texture memory. Also known as pink/purple-flashing. Can happen if your game isn't set up properly, or with the use of too much CC, too graphically demanding CC, too high graphic settings for the computer, and similar. Can't think of a good reason why it would happen if the censor is the only change, though.

If you want the mosaic back, you probably still have the "censor.package" in your downloads. Remove this, and the censor should be back.

I followed every guide, used the correct programs and am running the game just fine at 1080p. Even has the "smooth edges" option enabled, which is something I couldn't get to work on the Stories versions. But yeah, it's only that mod that causes the flashing. And it doesn't happen without it. There's nothing else on my Downloads folder that would cause this, and even playing without custom content enabled still leads to the same issue.

Pretty bizarre. I guess I should either suck it up or re-install.
Mad Poster
#6 Old 4th Sep 2022 at 6:39 AM
Run the 50/50 first.
Something that bizarre is almost always a mod conflict.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Test Subject
Original Poster
#7 Old 4th Sep 2022 at 7:13 AM Last edited by Maulclaw : 4th Sep 2022 at 4:32 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by Peni Griffin
Run the 50/50 first.
Something that bizarre is almost always a mod conflict.

My apologies, but I don't recall what the "50/50" is supposed to be. What did you mean by that?
Mad Poster
#8 Old 4th Sep 2022 at 8:53 AM
It's a standard troubleshooting technique that's described in the Game Help FAQ you were directed to before you were allowed to open this thread. Basically, after you back up your game (never troubleshoot or make any major changes without backing up your game!), you take out all the custom content and test. Don't just disable it - take it out! If your problem still occurs, the problem isn't related to custom content. If it doesn't, you put half the content back in and test, setting aside the half for which the problem doesn't recur, divide the remainder in half and test, then in half again and test, and so on, until you've isolated the mod or combination of mods that's causing the problem. If it's bad CC - or in this case, possibly something left behind when the CC was deleted - this method is fairly straightforward. If you've got a bad mod combination or load order problem it gets trickier, but will eventually work. It doesn't take as long as you expect it will, because the game loads much faster without custom content, and you needn't worry about accidentally saving with the custom content out because you've made the backup and can always revert to it.

You should also go back to where you downloaded the no-censor mod and read the installation instructions and any RTFM files, to see if there's any warnings or special instructions that you forgot about when you took it out.

Reinstalling your game is hardly ever required, as it only fixes bad game files. If nothing's happened to break the game (moving in a Universal NPC, a power surge in the middle of saving, etc.) there's no reason to reinstall, which is even more tedious than the 50/50; and sometimes doesn't work, as some systems will retain changes to the registration files that will prevent full reinstalling until the changes are manually removed.

Do not ever skip the 50/50 on the grounds that there's no CC that could possibly cause the problem. You do not know that. This game is complex enough that chaos theory seems to apply, and though it no doubt all makes sense at the program level, unless you understand the codes really well and go hunting through it, which would take much longer than the 50/50, it need not appear to make sense at the human level. The game interacts with the system it's in, the conditions its played under, and all the different custom content involved, with unpredictable results. I had a blouse once that crashed the game when the sim who wore it tried to take a photo booth picture. Even more startling, I and one other person (but no one else we've been able to trace) couldn't use Cyjon's Slower LTA Gain because having it in froze the vacation clock on vacation residences. Cyjon said it was as if the toilets flushed when the light switch was flipped - it made no sense whatever. I and the other person affected were in different parts of the world, so weren't able to compare our systems and game set-ups sufficiently to figure out what we had in common that triggered the problem. But the 50/50 proved that Slower LTA Gain caused the problem - somehow.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Mad Poster
#9 Old 4th Sep 2022 at 2:53 PM
^ Speaking of chaos theory, I had one file that kept one of my buy categories completely hostage for a couple years, until I did a 50/50. Turned out I had 3-4 copies of that file. But it clearly worked for other people, since it was part of several lots I'd downloaded (which I couldn't even visit because they crashed for me). The item only seemed to crash for me, and it crashed when I only had one copy of that file in, so I couldn't even figure out if it conflicted with something else.

I've had the SeeThem mod for quite some time now (there are other options to the mod, but I just haven't gotten around to replacing it), and I've had pink-flashing from time to time - but the two don't seem to be connected in any way, since the mod has been on pretty much permanently, and the pink-flashing has been more of a never/sometimes/never/all-out-->maybe fixed issue, depending on computer. I've fixed the pink-flashing in other ways than removing the censor file or the mod EXE file.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#10 Old 4th Sep 2022 at 4:35 PM
Removing the "Downloads" folder by its entirety, booting up the game and then putting the folder back on before booting up again... seemed to fix the issue. I can't say I understand what triggered this, never experienced something quite like this in all the years I've been playing TS2. I did no changes to the Downloads folder at all, but at least the issue is gone for now.

Thank you guys for your patience and time in helping me deal with this, I appreciate it.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#11 Old 4th Sep 2022 at 11:08 PM
I don't know about popular, I wouldn't use it. I tried it years ago and had immediate issues. I switched to quaxi's censor, a very simple file and have used it ever since. Note sure if this is the same one, I use the version updated for pets https://dictionarymor.weebly.com/bl...-censor-remover

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#12 Old 4th Sep 2022 at 11:39 PM
It's not the easiest mod to work with. I've wondered if the "censor" file works on its own (and where it comes from, that's another thing, since the rest of the program is just cheats), but removing the EXE file deletes everything in the UserStartup, so you have to be a bit careful with what you do.

Use a different variant if you can, I'd say.

I just don't think the censor itself has any reason to cause pink-flashing (unless the censor somehow isn't compatible with whatever version of the game the OP has? I have the full game). Changes in the UserStartup could, though. If you use a light mod or other cheats like UseShaders (true or false), could be that whatever you had in the userStartup was deleted. That could cause pink-flashing and various issues.