Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 4th Sep 2022 at 8:35 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Strangetown makes my game crash
So recently my Strangetown is crashing.

It is only this hood all my others work fine. I have no idea what went wrong.

I played the version from Carrit, the Completely Resurrectable hoods with the recommanded CC. I played with this hood and CC on my other pc and have no issues.
So I don't think the problem is the CC.

But could it be that I have to many resurrected sims in my hood and that the game can't handle it?
On my other pc I also have a lot of hoods with a lot of sims, it takes a long time to load but never had it crash.

I hope someone can help, I don't want to lose everything.
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#2 Old 5th Sep 2022 at 2:58 AM
I had the same thing happen to me a while back. My main hood, which is enormous and has a lot of lots and a lot of sims, would crash immediately after loading, but every other neighborhood would load and run just fine. Because it was a big neighborhood with many things to load, my graphics card couldn't handle it and that's why it crashed. In the end all I did was reinstall my 4gb patch and graphic rules maker, and it worked again!

Do you have the 4gb patch? If you do, try deleting it and re-downloading it. If you don't already have it, maybe that's what you need.