Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 18th Apr 2022 at 1:50 PM
Which program do I need to make custom degrees for University?
Hey there fellow Simmers!

I was sending my Sims to the University just to realize that EA has not so many degrees in-game So i thought ill make some custom degrees! But unfortunately, I can't figure out which program I need.

I used to make a lot of rabbit hole careers here on modthesims (used Zebrus Mod Maker), but because of uni and work, I couldn't continue to do more Now I'm back and want to make some custom degrees such as Fashion, Maths, Education, Medicine, Law and many more, so if someone has any idea which program would work, feel free to comment or message me

Thanks alot and have a nice day
Advertisement
Rabid Recoloring Renegade
retired moderator
#2 Old 19th Apr 2022 at 7:26 PM
Quote: Originally posted by SweetiePie<3

I was sending my Sims to the University just to realize that EA has not so many degrees in-game So i thought ill make some custom degrees! But unfortunately, I can't figure out which program I need.

I used to make a lot of rabbit hole careers here on modthesims (used Zebrus Mod Maker), but because of uni and work, I couldn't continue to do more Now I'm back and want to make some custom degrees such as Fashion, Maths, Education, Medicine, Law and many more, so if someone has any idea which program would work, feel free to comment or message me

I was looking in the tuning extractor part of S4S using "degree" as my search and a bunch of relevant files pop up that might help you. I feel like it's going to be a ton of work, same as making a career from scratch without Zerbu or Neia's mod constructors. I think as long as you're able to get unique instance id's it might work. Not 100% (or even 50% tbh) sure.

Then, I did a search for custom degrees and found this: https://www.patreon.com/posts/university-48692919 Looks promising!

Good luck!
Test Subject
#3 Old 23rd Apr 2022 at 10:18 PM
Quote: Originally posted by SweetiePie<3

Yeah, I'd also recommend using Sims4Studio for this one, since it's a lot of files to manage and you may need to extensively customize them. To make the tuning easier you can also use Lot51's TDESC and tuning builder to generate the XMLs more easily. There are also simmers in the community that have already made this sort of mod, so I'd crack open their work and see how they did it. Zero made some custom majors a while back you can dissect.

Edit: Oh whoops, just realized the poster above linked to the same post. It's a good place to start, though, for sure!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 24th Apr 2022 at 1:39 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Simmiller
I was looking in the tuning extractor part of S4S using "degree" as my search and a bunch of relevant files pop up that might help you. I feel like it's going to be a ton of work, same as making a career from scratch without Zerbu or Neia's mod constructors. I think as long as you're able to get unique instance id's it might work. Not 100% (or even 50% tbh) sure.

Then, I did a search for custom degrees and found this: https://www.patreon.com/posts/university-48692919 Looks promising!

Good luck!

Thanks alot lovely! Those custom degrees are really awesome! Hopefully i can make more
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 24th Apr 2022 at 1:40 PM
Quote: Originally posted by SimplifiedModding
Yeah, I'd also recommend using Sims4Studio for this one, since it's a lot of files to manage and you may need to extensively customize them. To make the tuning easier you can also use Lot51's TDESC and tuning builder to generate the XMLs more easily. There are also simmers in the community that have already made this sort of mod, so I'd crack open their work and see how they did it. Zero made some custom majors a while back you can dissect.

Edit: Oh whoops, just realized the poster above linked to the same post. It's a good place to start, though, for sure!

Thanks a lot this really helps!
Lab Assistant
#6 Old 24th Apr 2022 at 1:54 PM
If you do, please consider making a Classics (Greek & Latin) degree!