Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 27th Nov 2022 at 11:57 PM
Default Does anyone know of any TS3 full body meshes that include shoes?
I'm trying to figure out how to convert Sims 3 meshes to Sims Medieval but in TSM the shoes are part of the outfit while in TS3 they are separate. My thinking at the moment is to clone a TS3 mesh that includes shoes, combine the clothing and shoe meshes that I want to use and then replace the cloned mesh with my mesh. There's more to it than that, I know. I'm just telling you the basic basics.

There seems to be nothing in TS3 that includes shoes. I did find the Bonehilda outfit so I guess I could use that but I'm not sure that would work. I've found no male meshes that include shoes.

Anyone have any ideas? Better yet, is there a tutorial that covers adding shoes to a TS3 mesh and getting the mesh into TSM? I know there's the CAS cloner by Grimreefer and he wrote a tutorial but the tutorial is incomplete (doesn't cover what I need to know) and he hasn't been on MTS in more than five years.
Advertisement
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#2 Old 4th Dec 2022 at 3:48 AM
No one?
Forum Resident
#3 Old 4th Dec 2022 at 2:22 PM
First thing, is your mesh must be at least 2 groups for L1. This, because bone count would be more than 60 bones if one group, and will not work. Second thing you need is "null shoes", or some invisible part to fill the shoe slot, as the game automatically adds feet/ shoes. On thinking, I guess you could do it in MTK, but I have never done it that way.

Mostly, I use basegame donor halter cocktail dress for many projects. It has 2 group L1, and 1 group for L2 and L3. Not concerned with lower quality or fewer bones in those LODs. Sometimes, I will use tank ruffles dress. It has 2 groups in all LODs. This is a link to my page at NSFWmods... https://nsfwmods.com/blogs/entry/87...shion-boutique/ I have uploaded my Samus Aran Zero Suit there, and my null shoes. She is outfit with feet attached. You can see how she is put together. )

You need Blender to properly rework meshes, and meshing knowledge. Many tutorials for Blender on youtube. I do not use Milkshape at all. Max bones for any mesh group is 60. Feet have 4 additional bones, right/ left foot and right/ left toe. For female, you cannot connect a nude or bra top to a nude or bikini bottom. Total is more than 60 bones.

EA splits some meshes at fingers to split bones. You can split mesh groups any way that works for you, as long as no groups has more than 60 bones. Note that root bind may get added on export, even if not in original list. Difference between swimsuit plunge and top/ bottom combined is that swimsuit does not use thigh bones for some reason.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#4 Old 12th Dec 2022 at 3:38 PM Last edited by mirabellarose : 13th Dec 2022 at 8:41 AM.
Thanks, Ladysmoks. Yes, I do know how to make/alter meshes in Blender so I'm not worried about that part. I'm sorry but what is MTK? And I guess I should explain what my thinking is a little better. I recently wrote a tutorial on converting a Resident Evil mesh to Sims 4. Because the outfit included shoes I needed to clone a TS4 outfit that also included shoes. That way, Sims4Studio (which is what I primarily use) would expect there to be foot bones in the package file. Because Sims Medieval outfits include shoes, my thinking is that I can do what I did for the Resident Evil conversion: clone a TS3 EA item that includes shoes (if there is one), and export the meshes. Then find a dress I want to get into Sims Medieval and find a pair of shoes to add to the dress. I'd then export the dress meshes and the shoe meshes, take the meshes into Blender and combine the two meshes into one mesh. I'd also import the EA mesh I cloned and transfer the weights from it to the combined mesh. The problem is, I don't really know how to use the simgeom Blender addon which is what I'd like to use (to avoid Milkshape). I don't know what else I need to do to my combined mesh to properly export it. I'm assuming I'd have to treat the combined mesh (the shoes combined with the dress) as if I were making an entirely new TS3 clothing outfit from scratch and creating a whole new package file. Something like this, maybe. Once I've done what I need to do to make the new package file it's just a matter of opening the new outfit package file in S3PE and using the Medieval wrappers to get the mesh into Sims Medieval. Making changes in S3PE to get the outfit into TSM is a whole other method and I know how to do that so that's good, I guess. I hope I'm explaining this well. I've been up all night so I'll see if I can better clarify things a little later and edit this post.

Edit: I was really tired when I wrote that post. Come to think of it, if used a dress already made for TS3 and a pair of shoes already made for TS3 it will already have bone assignments I would need. And, I can export the meshes from the package files as simgeoms. My hope is that I could find something to clone that has shoes then import the combined dress and shoes into the cloned file. I may have to adjust the UV mapping of my combined mesh and bake a new texture from the old textures as I did in the tutorial I wrote but that's not a problem for me. I'm stuck on the part where I find a mesh to clone that has shoes as part of the mesh. Doesn't look like TS3 has anything like that. Not even in any of the stuff packs, it appears.

Edit #2: So, it looks like you use the TMobile Cocktail dress, right? I looked at it in TSR Workshop and I can see that it's made up of two groups, one of which has 60 bones. The other group, group_0, contains 8 bones so there's room for more bone additions in that group. The issue for me is how do I force the package to accept foot bones if there aren't any foot bones already in it? What did you do to get around that? Import your finished mesh without foot bone assignments and use the null shoes to override the feet/shoes issue? I don't think that will work for me if I want to convert a TS3 mesh to TSM.
Forum Resident
#5 Old 13th Dec 2022 at 2:41 PM
Quote: Originally posted by mirabellarose
Thanks, Ladysmoks. Yes, I do know how to make/alter meshes in Blender so I'm not worried about that part. I'm sorry but what is MTK? And I guess I should explain what my thinking is a little better. I recently wrote a tutorial on converting a Resident Evil mesh to Sims 4. Because the outfit included shoes I needed to clone a TS4 outfit that also included shoes. That way, Sims4Studio (which is what I primarily use) would expect there to be foot bones in the package file. Because Sims Medieval outfits include shoes, my thinking is that I can do what I did for the Resident Evil conversion: clone a TS3 EA item that includes shoes (if there is one), and export the meshes. Then find a dress I want to get into Sims Medieval and find a pair of shoes to add to the dress. I'd then export the dress meshes and the shoe meshes, take the meshes into Blender and combine the two meshes into one mesh. I'd also import the EA mesh I cloned and transfer the weights from it to the combined mesh. The problem is, I don't really know how to use the simgeom Blender addon which is what I'd like to use (to avoid Milkshape). I don't know what else I need to do to my combined mesh to properly export it. I'm assuming I'd have to treat the combined mesh (the shoes combined with the dress) as if I were making an entirely new TS3 clothing outfit from scratch and creating a whole new package file. Something like this, maybe. Once I've done what I need to do to make the new package file it's just a matter of opening the new outfit package file in S3PE and using the Medieval wrappers to get the mesh into Sims Medieval. Making changes in S3PE to get the outfit into TSM is a whole other method and I know how to do that so that's good, I guess. I hope I'm explaining this well. I've been up all night so I'll see if I can better clarify things a little later and edit this post.

Edit: I was really tired when I wrote that post. Come to think of it, if used a dress already made for TS3 and a pair of shoes already made for TS3 it will already have bone assignments I would need. And, I can export the meshes from the package files as simgeoms. My hope is that I could find something to clone that has shoes then import the combined dress and shoes into the cloned file. I may have to adjust the UV mapping of my combined mesh and bake a new texture from the old textures as I did in the tutorial I wrote but that's not a problem for me. I'm stuck on the part where I find a mesh to clone that has shoes as part of the mesh. Doesn't look like TS3 has anything like that. Not even in any of the stuff packs, it appears.

Edit #2: So, it looks like you use the TMobile Cocktail dress, right? I looked at it in TSR Workshop and I can see that it's made up of two groups, one of which has 60 bones. The other group, group_0, contains 8 bones so there's room for more bone additions in that group. The issue for me is how do I force the package to accept foot bones if there aren't any foot bones already in it? What did you do to get around that? Import your finished mesh without foot bone assignments and use the null shoes to override the feet/shoes issue? I don't think that will work for me if I want to convert a TS3 mesh to TSM.

Hey! MTK = Meshing Tool Kit. Important tool for TS3. Also recommend Smug Tomato's geom tools, for whatever version of Blender you use.

You are missing what I wrote. There are no EA, TS3 garments with shoes attached. YOU have to add them. As you know Blender, it is relatively easy. Use an EA donor garment, that has 2 groups for L1. I usually use EA cocktail dress, in formal category of TSRW. It has 2 groups L1, and 1 group for L2 and L3. I personally do not care so much about a lack of foot bones in L2 and L3.

Import your body mesh and shoes mesh to Blender, and join them. Note that as this is, it will have 65+ bones, and never work in TS3. YOU, only need to figure out how you wish to split the mesh, to make 2 groups. I have split meshes as top and bottom, or to separate ring and pinky fingers of both hands, as they contain quite a few bones. Also possible to separate arms... or even just one arm to make 2 groups.

Export the 2 meshes separately. Do conversions and morphs in MTK, and import to TSRW... just replace the existing groups. TSRW will add shoes... ignore them. In game, you will need "null shoes". Important that no mesh group has more than 60 bones.

I more often split fingers...

I went back and replaced the feet, as you could not see regular feet with the TSRW added shoes...

Of course, you would replace textures.
Screenshots