Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 2nd Oct 2010 at 6:26 PM Last edited by Phaenoh : 7th Feb 2014 at 4:11 PM.
The party animals
Hi guys, thought I'd try my hand at creating a challenge since I love playing them so much. If something like this already exists, sorry!

You are a sim that loves to party. All.the.time. But through all this you have a yearning to settle down and raise a family. You finally meet your perfect partner, but still can't tame the party animal inside of you. You party right into your grave and a chosen heir from each generation follows in you footsteps. Through the ages your title echoes: The Party Animals.

So basically you start off with a male or female sim. Make them anyway you like and give them any aspiration. (Just bear in mind that an outgoing sim or a pleasure sim would like this challenge more) You are allowed only 5 000 simeleons which you got from your rich uncle. (5 times kaching) Move your sim into any lot costing less that 20 000 simeleons. No swimming pool allowed. Your house should have a room for junk only. (Read more about that later) You may build new rooms and such only if your budget allows it. Furnish your lot with only these things: a double bed, telephone, a fridge, toilet, shower, stove, sink, countertops, couch, baby cribs, baby changing table, potty, table, a toy box, two chairs, tv, smoke alarm, alarm clock, end table, lights and stereo. No burgler alarm.

Play your sim for a day and night, meet as many other sims and make as much friends as you can. The following night you hold your first party and every night after that. The morning after your first party you have three days to meet your future spouse (it may not be someone you've met before) and marry them. They may only move in after the three days are done. You now start expanding your family. After a baby becomes a toddler, you decide to have another one. And so it goes on until your original sim becomes an elder. You may buy a bed for each child that grows up. Except for that you may only buy the rewards and junk you qualify for in the following criteria:

Good parties - Rewards:
1st - easel
2nd - bookcase
3rd - computer
4th - bar (if you have Nightlife)
5th - piano
6th - extra shower and toilet
7th - pinball machine
8th - exercise machine
9th - telescope
10th - hot tub

From then onwards you can buy one item of your choice for every good party.

Bad parties - junk:
For every bad party you have you must add a decorative item (no mirrors) to the junk room. Even if you have to sell something, you must! Start with a painting, then a sculpture and so on. You may not add the same item twice.

Your spouse is allowed to have a job and the teens too, but not the original sim. No aspirational/career rewards are allowed. The chosen heir is the child with the least amount of outgoing points. You may not befriend, marry, go steady, etc with a playable sim, it has to be a NPC or townie. No cheats, except 5 times kaching in the beginning. Before a sim dies a portrait must be painted of them and placed in a special room only for portraits and urns. (no graves). You must continue to play with the heir after the original sim dies, the heir must stay on in the original house, the others can move out when they reach adulthood. The main thing is that every night there has to be a party, the heirs continue this legacy. You play until you either reach generation five or ten (if you really start to love them).

+20 if aspiration is knowledge/fortune
+20 if kaching isn't used
+50 if 1st party is a good party
+50 if you marry your spouse on the day you meet them
+10 for every time aspiration reaches platinum
+10 for every dream date
+10 for every skill toddler learns (potty, walk, etc)
+10 for every two skill points per sim
+20 if natural twins
+100 if original sim reaches elder without one bad party

-50 if 1st party is a bad party
-20 for each time aspiration turns red
-20 for each visit from therapist
-50 for each visit from social bunny
-10 for every bad date
-10 if sim grows up badly
-10 if sim gets fired
-10 for every fire
-50 if original sim doesn't die of old age
-50 if portrait isn't painted
-100 if original sim reaches elder without one good party

Let me know if you don't understand something! Enjoy and happy Simming!

Talia

***If you've never posed for a fake picture in a mirror, you need a life.***
Advertisement
Test Subject
Original Poster
#2 Old 2nd Oct 2010 at 6:28 PM
Please post a message if you decide to do this challenge! Thanx!

Lab Assistant
#3 Old 4th Oct 2010 at 1:07 AM
this is a kool idea....i love making my sims have parties. im too busy to do the challenge buts is great anyway..
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 19th Nov 2010 at 8:35 AM
I'm trying out this challange and having so much fun!! I'm glad it works out well. =)

Field Researcher
#5 Old 7th Mar 2012 at 3:16 AM
Had a variation idea for this. Could be a good way to use the Larsons or created simmies. The two throw the parties together and they both get married as originally described. But then a rift happens. Jason can't get along with Jodie's new husband or maybe she hates Jason's new wife. But a fight breaks out between one of the sibs and the other's spouse. As a result the wedge spouse and the sibling he/she married move out and the two branches of the family feud over who can throw the better parties.
Field Researcher
#6 Old 8th Mar 2012 at 2:31 AM
I think this will be a fun challenge to play as I never have my sims party because I'm too busy building skills, all my popularity sims end up being bookworms, lol. This will make me get them out and about more. I'll give this a try when I finish up my current round on the Test of Time Challenge. :D