Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Warrior Gryphon
site owner
Original Poster
#1 Old 6th Jan 2019 at 1:07 PM Last edited by Tashiketh : 6th Jan 2019 at 1:17 PM.
Default Testers Wanted - HTML5 Uploader
Hi All,

Overview

As part of the modernisation of the backend, and the removal of the Flash uploader, I have been working on a new HTML5 drag drop uploader than will become standard here on the site.

This looks like the following:

Initial screen:

Clicking on "click here" of the size and types sentence gives you this, where you can see the sizes and types.

Clicking on the upload button:

After adding an image file:

To add additional files, click on the plus sign:

Once you add files, it changes to this:

Click on the magnifying glass to get the file information:

If the file you upload is the wrong type you get this:

[header1]What's next?[/header]

Before I release this to the masses, I would like a small group of beta testers to test this out with as much stuff as they can throw at it (different file types, images, etc), and then report back in terms of usability and so on.

[header1]How do I test this?[/header]

Just let me know in the thread, and I'll add you to the beta testers group!

Thanks!
T.

Story books are full of fairy tales, of Kings and Queens, and the bluest skies.
Advertisement
Theorist
#2 Old 6th Jan 2019 at 7:13 PM
I'll volunteer if you still need people.
Rabid Recoloring Renegade
retired moderator
#3 Old 10th Jan 2019 at 3:23 PM
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#4 Old 10th Jan 2019 at 5:18 PM
I'll test if you need me, but I only ever upload images so might not be much use.
Mad Poster
#5 Old 10th Jan 2019 at 6:35 PM
I don't have any uploads ready atm, but I might have in a week or two... If you'll still need testers then, I'll be happy to 'test'!

Please ~ support my TS2 habit! Shop at my Etsy shops:
CatherinesJewelry ~ Artisan Jewelry
Catherine's MOUSE ~ Up/Recycled Jewelry
and Vintage Stuffeths
Warrior Gryphon
site owner
Original Poster
#6 Old 11th Jan 2019 at 9:28 PM
All of you are now part of the mts beta testers group so you should see this new uploader now. Please let me know issues in this thread. Thanks!

e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#7 Old 11th Jan 2019 at 10:13 PM
Theorist
#8 Old 12th Jan 2019 at 10:45 PM Last edited by Gargoyle Cat : 13th Jan 2019 at 1:08 AM.
I've tried a few times to upload three images. All three are JPG files and are well below the maximum. Is the maximum per image or the total of all images?

Screenshot-50 (2).jpg (1280x768, 350.99 KB) : Left picture
Screenshot-3 (3).jpg (1280x768, 479.00 KB) : Middle picture
Screenshot-7 (4).jpg (1280x768, 882.84 KB) : Right picture
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#9 Old 13th Jan 2019 at 5:33 PM
It looks like they have uploaded- they all have a green tick. What do you see when you hit the X in the corner?
Theorist
#10 Old 13th Jan 2019 at 8:07 PM
Quote: Originally posted by simsample
It looks like they have uploaded- they all have a green tick. What do you see when you hit the X in the corner?

They did upload, but I didn't get a red X and when I click submit, the only thing I'm left with is whatever text I added to the post itself. The silly text I added to the picture descriptions didn't work either.
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#11 Old 13th Jan 2019 at 9:23 PM
Another test...

Screenshots
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#12 Old 13th Jan 2019 at 9:27 PM
@Gargoyle Cat Okay, it saved my descriptions- all I had to do was to hit submit.

So after your screen with the green ticks I hit the grey x:

Then it looked like this:

So I copied the link:

And pasted it into the image tags:

Which bit of that didn't happen for you?
Screenshots
Theorist
#13 Old 13th Jan 2019 at 9:45 PM
MOAR Testing...

EDIT:

As you can see, it worked. I didn't do anything different from yesterday. I also didn't copy and paste the image links either time. I'm confused why it didn't work yesterday, but that's okay. LOL
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#14 Old 13th Jan 2019 at 9:58 PM
Warrior Gryphon
site owner
Original Poster
#15 Old 13th Jan 2019 at 11:16 PM
So I copied the link:

And pasted it into the image tags:

Wait, why are you doing it that way? Just click on the "Copy full image link" button and it'll put the whole img bit into your clipboard, like so:
Attached Images

e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#16 Old 13th Jan 2019 at 11:32 PM

Oooh, fancy thumbnail link too!
Screenshots
Theorist
#17 Old 14th Jan 2019 at 12:28 AM
I played for awhile today, so here's some PNG files.
Mad Poster
#18 Old 14th Jan 2019 at 1:04 AM
Here's a sim... and her cat.

Screenshots

and Vintage Stuffeths
Warrior Gryphon
site owner
Original Poster
#19 Old 14th Jan 2019 at 8:20 AM
whats your experience so far? How does it compare with the older one?

Theorist
#20 Old 14th Jan 2019 at 8:59 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Tashiketh
whats your experience so far? How does it compare with the older one?

The other one has only fully loaded for me less than a handful of times since I've been here. Since I only post images, this hasn't been a problem since I have other places to upload images to. This problem isn't from your end as I asked about it once, it's mine and my internet connection.

The new one is a breeze to use. It can't get any easier than click and drag. Yesterday, for my second post of the day, I ran into the same problem that I had the day before where images were fully uploaded, but when I went to post them, I would end up with no pictures. I sat here and fought with it which eventually resulted in 3 copies of the same pictures being posted. In hindsight, I probably should have left it, but I didn't. I went into attachments and deleted two of the 3 copies, they were all thumbnails. Unless everybody else is having this same problem, I'm going with the issues I'm having are internet connection based.

Since I'm not a creator, I haven't tried uploading a zip or rar file. I can zip a file of blank image files to see how that works. Is that something you'd like me to try? I don't mind doing it as that's what I volunteered to do.
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#21 Old 14th Jan 2019 at 2:19 PM
The new one is easier and much faster too, in my experience.
Mad Poster
#22 Old 14th Jan 2019 at 6:40 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Gargoyle Cat
...which eventually resulted in 3 copies of the same pictures being posted. In hindsight, I probably should have left it, but I didn't. I went into attachments and deleted two of the 3 copies, they were all thumbnails...

I ran into this too - but with 2 copies, not 3. I just figured it was the dumby behind the keyboard, as I don't post a lot of pictures (I'm usually uploading things.) *sigh*

Here's a zip of a no-CC sim I never uploaded...
Feel free to delete it once the point's been proven

ETA: The confusion (for me) comes when I preview my post, and don't see the pix/file that I uploaded. I assume it didn't work, but it did; and when I publish - it is there.
Attached files:
File Type: zip  Samuel.zip (132.9 KB, 8 downloads)

and Vintage Stuffeths
Warrior Gryphon
site owner
Original Poster
#23 Old 17th Jan 2019 at 6:46 PM
Okay thanks for the feedback. I had the same issue reported to me with initial development whereby some images uploaded wouldn’t appear but it always worked for me. Obviously there is some other coaching going on.

Can I ask the next person who experiences this problem to do nothing else. Don’t try removing pictures, or anything else. Come find me on discord and if i’m Around, i’ll Look into it. Else post it here.

And then wait about 10-15 minutes and see if the issue disappears. If so then I know where to look.

Thanks!

Theorist
#24 Old 18th Jan 2019 at 1:38 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Tashiketh

Can I ask the next person who experiences this problem to do nothing else. Don’t try removing pictures, or anything else. Come find me on discord and if i’m Around, i’ll Look into it. Else post it here.

And then wait about 10-15 minutes and see if the issue disappears. If so then I know where to look.

Thanks!

Okay...
Mad Poster
#25 Old 27th Feb 2019 at 3:06 PM
I like. I like a lot. Never used the attachments features - at all, really - but this one seems hassle-free. Add me to the testers if you guys still need any. It's shiny and I like shiny things.

insert signature here
( Join my dumb Discord server if you're into the whole procrastination thing. But like, maybe tomorrow. )
Locked thread
Page 1 of 2