Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Resources for SunsetValley.world Routing Fix [update 2013.01.17]

by ellacharmed Posted 1st Aug 2011 at 5:36 PM - Updated 19th Jan 2013 at 6:04 AM by ellacharmed : Terrain bleed fix

27 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 19 Feedback Posts, 7 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 2
Forum Resident
THANKS POST
#2 Old 1st Aug 2011 at 8:28 PM
So is this the reason Sunset Valley has been lagging so badly since I installed Generations? It's been driving me nuts. I tried removing cc, starting a new game in SV, pretty much everything I could think of, but it just wouldn't go back to how it was pre-Gen. But then I tried a custom world and it didn't have any issues, so I guess this is the problem. I'm kind of nervous about messing up my game files and the only thing I've ever done in S3PE is merging .package files, but I guess I'll have to try it. I haven't played the game much since Generations came out at all.
Lab Assistant
#3 Old 1st Aug 2011 at 9:19 PM
Cool, I'll give this one a go too.

I did go traveling using your other maps (to France for six days) and didn't have any trouble with lag. I'll pop this one in and see how things go.
Theorist
THANKS POST
#4 Old 2nd Aug 2011 at 4:36 AM
This is great, I didn't have any issues with the other routing fixes so hopefully I won't have problems with this either :-)
Instructor
THANKS POST
#5 Old 2nd Aug 2011 at 9:07 AM
I have few questions, what if I have already save in Sunset Valley? Will This help with lags in my save game, or maybe it helps only with new game? And second question, will this need update, when new patch\EP\SP will be released?
In the Arena
retired moderator
Original Poster
#6 Old 2nd Aug 2011 at 11:38 AM
anie_1981,
our Saves only have .nhd files so it would still load the .world files, so yes the changes would be read in your Saves.
My testing has my Saves improved with the changed world, but then again my test Saves are not that big or has much lag to begin with, since I keep creating new test scenarios. But others have reported big improvements in China, with the WA fixes.

I've uninstalled and repatched with each patch that has been released for the past 2 years, to retain the .world files. And each patch has not touched the world file at all. So I believe it is safe to think EA will continue this trend. So, yes, this would be compatible with all patches (past, present and future). But, still - never say never. EA might just delight in proving me a liar.

Thanks for you question, though. I should put that info in the Download thread.
Test Subject
#7 Old 2nd Aug 2011 at 7:45 PM
Thank you for Sunset Valley ! Do you know if there is the same issue with Riverview ?
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator THANKS POST
#8 Old 3rd Aug 2011 at 12:03 AM
Thanks for all of your routing fixes, Ella!
In the Arena
retired moderator
Original Poster
#9 Old 7th Aug 2011 at 3:47 PM
Please redownload. Fixes updated as per changelog.

The red spot with the intersection fix is on a "Camera non-routable" so you can only see it from Map View. It's kinda faint, in white, but differs from the original of no intersection with the yellow crosswalk (for disconnected intersections). That's the only spot where the roads have no intersection, so the only visual cue for Sunset Valley.

Bridgeport would have more visual spots you can use to verify.
In the Arena
retired moderator
Original Poster
#10 Old 10th Aug 2011 at 6:40 AM Last edited by ellacharm3d : 15th Apr 2012 at 5:33 PM. Reason: removed images. might be combined in future
I'm so sorry folks. There is still a learning curve.

I've added the resource to allow you to do the verification up-close - see the 2 new images. With these new resources, you can now zoom in from Map view. So, please redownload.
Inventor
#11 Old 10th Aug 2011 at 11:30 PM
I've tried twice to download your latest version and the file won't unzip for me, it has an error. I was able to get your latest version of Bridgeport to extract with no problem. Thank you for making all of these fixes!

You can find my Sims 3 Mods at TFM's Sims Asylum .
In the Arena
retired moderator
Original Poster
#12 Old 11th Aug 2011 at 7:32 AM
What is the extractor program you use, bluegenjutsu? If anything other than 7zip, could you try with that?
Forum Resident
#13 Old 11th Aug 2011 at 8:51 AM
I use WinRAR and no problem with extracting.
Inventor
#14 Old 11th Aug 2011 at 3:30 PM
I used IZarc, but I uninstalled it and then installed the 7zip program like you suggested and I still can't open the file. Here is a screenshot of what I see everytime I try to open that file and the last time I downloaded this version of your mod, was this morning, right before I did the install of 7zip. This screenshot is with 7zip installed.

In the Arena
retired moderator
Original Poster
#15 Old 11th Aug 2011 at 3:38 PM
I got this with my google-fu
Quote:
"Cannot open file: it does not appear to be a valid archive"

This error can happen when part of the zip file becomes corrupt during an interrupted download, copy or move.

If this error happens due to Internet connection problems (for example, noise on a phone line) then the problem can most easily be solved by discarding the damaged file and downloading a new copy.

What browser are you using? Are you using a download manager?
This still happens after a redownload? Perhaps you need to run CCleaner to remove temp files, caches and cookies, re-login and try again?

As others have stated it works for them, my only conclusion is, it is not a widespread download issue or a Site issue. You could also test if you can open another large download from here (like a world) to see if that download can be extracted.
Inventor
#16 Old 11th Aug 2011 at 5:49 PM Last edited by bluegenjutsu : 11th Aug 2011 at 6:32 PM.
I only had this error with your Sunset World file. I can unzip your other ones and also any other file I download from MTS. I did try downloading your latest Sunset Valley file a few times and it still was giving me that error I posted about. The browser I use is FF and it's version 5.0. I will try deleting all the cache and cookies I have for MTS and see if that fixes the problem.

*Reporting Back: Deleting my cookies for MTS worked. I was able to download the file again and it extracted with no problem. Sorry for the trouble!

In the Arena
retired moderator
Original Poster
#17 Old 15th Apr 2012 at 5:39 PM
Updates!

Was working on Starlight Shores and needed to refresh my memory on what resources affected what parts of the world. Did another pass and whaddyaknow? Found more spots.

Gonna let this version "stew" for a while before I update the .world thread, just in case I need to make corrections.
Test Subject
#18 Old 16th Oct 2012 at 5:15 PM
I'm unsure if this is a problem solely with me or why it would be but after applying these fixes there are several areas in the "downtown" area of Sunset Valley where the grass bleeds through the sidewalk and roads. I can grab screen shots next time I am in the game if you need. It doesn't affect routing or travel, just a visual annoyance.
No idea if you're planning on ever revisiting this just thought I'd mention it.
In the Arena
retired moderator
Original Poster
#19 Old 16th Oct 2012 at 6:27 PM
Yes, being worked on. Fixes not transferable during my testing, hunt for workarounds still ongoing.
http://modthesims.info/download.php...17&goto=newpost
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#20 Old 8th Dec 2012 at 3:38 PM Last edited by whothefcuk : 9th Dec 2012 at 12:50 PM.
Thank you for this! I applied your changes, however I still get quite many times the "stationary sim found" by nraas error trap mod. Yes I do use story progression mod too.
Could this be the problem? It would be great if somehow I could see where they get stuck...

EDIT / UPDATE: This was caused by story progression mod. After removal it is working pretty smooth. I guess it doesn't scale well on multicore cpus
In the Arena
retired moderator
Original Poster
#21 Old 18th Jan 2013 at 11:37 AM Last edited by ellacharmed : 19th Jan 2013 at 5:20 AM. Reason: zip files renamed and re-uploaded
Fixed resources now uploaded.

Please be sure to read the extra notes denoted by in the Description/Overview.

Quote:
  • Jan 17, 2013 update:
    • Since patch 1.42/Seasons EP, all the routing fixes won't show up in pre-existing Saves. They only show up for NEW games, so use Twallan's Porter to transfer your favorite Households into a NEW game, if you desire.
    • Fixes for terrain bleeds from the spots identified by chris_damon, vashi, expectnomercy23 & myskaal on the Comments (of both SunsetValley fixes threads). If there are more, let me know.
    • A whole bunch of resources were touched for this terrain bleed fix. Resources modified are listed in #A & #B above
    • Resources are now packed into one .package file per zip for your convenience. Downside though is that you can't pick and choose which fixes you want to apply. This allows me to still comply with the 10MB upload limit (each .package is @6MB & @12MB respectively)

[eta]
I apologize to the 3 people who downloaded the FixedResources.zip file. A snafu in the renaming on my part and uploaded it by mistake. The FixedRouting.zip now has the correctly name package. Please redownload.
Lab Assistant
#22 Old 15th Mar 2013 at 9:15 AM
I just noticed this update. I think I've been running with the old version, so I have Sunset Valley.world and Sunset Valley.world.original in my folder. I haven't been taking note if the worlds have been updated, so I'm not sure if Sunset Valley.world is the one I changed way back when, or if it's something new EA slipped in.

A casual google search leads me to believe the world file hasn't been updated. So, I'm pretty sure I can just apply these fixes to Sunset Valley.world.original to be the benefit, yes?

As an experiment, I also ran these over the other version, and it inflated the file to 93.5 MB. Whereas if I just put these with the original, I get 83.5 MB.

So, do tell me if I'm doing it wrong. I'm running with the one that came out at 83.5 (or 85,584 KB as seen in windows explorer.)
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#23 Old 27th Mar 2013 at 7:36 PM
I extracted all the files into one and it said that the package is corruped.
I still tested it and loaded a new party on sims 3 and the game told me I can't there is an error.

I will try a third time after downloading again all packges and sorry for my bad english.
In the Arena
retired moderator
Original Poster
#24 Old 1st Apr 2013 at 6:45 AM
@tryguy,
I'd advise to import into the Originals, always.

@coukybee,
you've tried redownloading? Still corrupted?
Logout, clear all browser history + caches + cookies with CCleaner or from the browser itself. Then try again...
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#25 Old 16th Apr 2014 at 9:35 PM
Much appreciated!!
Page 1 of 2