Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Shorter Lifespan

by Lavaster Posted 4th Jan 2012 at 6:36 PM - Updated 31st Dec 2012 at 9:54 PM by Phaenoh

45 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 17 Feedback Posts, 27 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 2
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#2 Old 4th Jan 2012 at 7:33 PM
Thanks. This should make legacy households more interesting.
Not actually evil.
THANKS POST
#3 Old 4th Jan 2012 at 8:38 PM
Hurry up and age, silly sims! Thanks for this, on behalf of all "impatient" players.
Test Subject
#4 Old 4th Jan 2012 at 8:48 PM
I couldn't love this more!
Thank you so so so much! :lovestruc

Some people are like slinkies. Useless, but awesome fun to push down the stairs.

So theres a sims 3. So What? I'm happy with sims2.
Lab Assistant
#5 Old 4th Jan 2012 at 10:48 PM
This is exactly what I've been looking for. Thank you so much for making it :lovestruc
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#6 Old 4th Jan 2012 at 10:48 PM
Thank You Thank You Thank You !!!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#7 Old 5th Jan 2012 at 12:32 AM
Finally! Everything else out there seems to be lengthening the lifespans! X_X
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#8 Old 5th Jan 2012 at 12:48 AM
Thanks everyone
@Redpuppydog: That's the main reason why this was sort of a necessity to me I have two legacy families, and they take *forever* to age. I'm still waiting on the elders to die... I'm on generation 5 already, which is a record for me.
@Babybeppybop: That's exactly why I made it; no one was making them shorter!

ENTJ
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#9 Old 5th Jan 2012 at 1:14 AM
Finally! I've been looking for a mod exactly like this for ages. Thank you thank you!!
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#10 Old 5th Jan 2012 at 4:57 AM
I love this. I'm such an ADD simmer and I end up getting bored when they NEVER die!
Alchemist
THANKS POST
#11 Old 5th Jan 2012 at 7:23 PM
Thanks, the one that annoyed me the most was the elders, they just dont seem to want to die!!!!
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#12 Old 5th Jan 2012 at 9:50 PM
Since I have been using boolprop, my Sims' life was getting shorter. As I was always doing like "grow up" when the kid had his age-meter halfly fullfilled, with this mod my gameplay would be SIMplier In fact, I was considering making my own age mod, but I'm lame at those things it and you did it before me
THANKS A LOT
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#13 Old 6th Jan 2012 at 3:56 PM
This is great. I always come across people who try to lengthen lifespans, but I'm inpatient enough as it is... In fact, I don't think any of my adult sims have even become an elder without me cheating... :o
Thank you so much for this! :D
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#14 Old 7th Jan 2012 at 1:45 AM
Thankyou! I'm always at that stage with my sims where there's nothing to do but hit the fast forward button and sit there bored until they die :D
Test Subject
#15 Old 7th Jan 2012 at 1:54 AM
also, how will this affect your sims that you are already playing? like if an adult is already past 21 days when you download this mod? will it come into affect when the next generation is born or right away? :/

When in doubt melt your Hershey's Milk Chocolate and give it to me.
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#16 Old 7th Jan 2012 at 3:16 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Noodleberries
also, how will this affect your sims that you are already playing? like if an adult is already past 21 days when you download this mod? will it come into affect when the next generation is born or right away? :/

No, it will not have an effect until that Sim ages into the next life stage.

ENTJ
Not actually evil.
THANKS POST
#17 Old 7th Jan 2012 at 6:09 AM
Do you recall where you got Jasmine's outfit from? She's unhappy, but at least she looks good!
Test Subject
#18 Old 7th Jan 2012 at 10:11 AM
Sad....Poor Sims
Test Subject
#19 Old 7th Jan 2012 at 11:44 AM
Yes!Yes! I have been waiting for something like this for a very long time. Thank you for making it!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#20 Old 8th Jan 2012 at 2:32 PM
Thank you! This is perfect for my legacy!
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#21 Old 8th Jan 2012 at 8:52 PM
@CatOfEvilGenius: It's by javabean_dreams and is available here: http://modthesims.info/download.php?t=303188

ENTJ
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#22 Old 8th Jan 2012 at 10:03 PM
Finally! I won't get bored anymore, maybe I can actually play a legacy now. You are awesome <3 :D
Test Subject
#23 Old 13th Jan 2012 at 8:07 PM
can you toggle this? so that you can toggle between normal and short lifespan?
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#24 Old 15th Jan 2012 at 2:12 AM
Thank you so much for making this! It works like a charm; I'm especially happy about the stupid toddlers growing up faster. It's creepy when you have more than one and they "huggle"...shudder.
I'm doing an enormous legacy, I have over 50 Sims I'm concurrently playing, I believe I'm in the 6th generation now, and this will free up some valuable real estate without me feeling like a super villain as I kill them off prematurely.
Thank you again for making this!
Test Subject
#25 Old 18th Jan 2012 at 2:54 AM
I think I have found a conflict. Within my teens years after they age and their first teen day of highschool is fine, but then the next day it won't let them take the bus or walk. The only way they can get to school is by car. AND if they get a teen job the next day it gives them the adult version and times of the career. Now I have the teen pregnancy mod, which is what I am thinking is a possible conflict...but other than that all the other ages so far are okay. I would really like you to look into this, because this is the only age mod that fits my needs! So please check it out. (also the pregnancy mod is for both genders, and teens can move out or get engaged/married in their teen years)
Page 1 of 2