Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

No Blur In The Distance (DoF) (Updated V3)

by Shimrod101 Posted 5th Sep 2014 at 1:27 AM - Updated 9th Oct 2014 at 11:23 PM by Shimrod101 : Updated mod files

202 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 95 Feedback Posts, 106 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 4 of 9
THANKS POST
#76 Old 11th Sep 2014 at 1:06 PM
Thanks
Test Subject
#77 Old 11th Sep 2014 at 7:47 PM
I'm confused can't you just turn off "post processing effects" I did and there is no blur anymore. Is this mod suppose to work with it on?
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#78 Old 12th Sep 2014 at 11:40 AM
Can you make one to be much blurrier
Lab Assistant
#79 Old 12th Sep 2014 at 3:28 PM
If your FPS is too high then turn on VSync ( Vertical Sync ) in the graphics options if it's not already on .
Theorist
THANKS POST
#80 Old 12th Sep 2014 at 4:06 PM
I love this thank you.
Inventor
THANKS POST
#81 Old 13th Sep 2014 at 9:56 PM
This is currently the best mod out there, thank you so much Shimrod. Now I only need a mod that turns off townie generation.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#82 Old 15th Sep 2014 at 5:29 AM
thank you.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#83 Old 17th Sep 2014 at 6:27 AM
These two mods are updated to include the XML file that goes along with the DATA file. Using the new mods (whichever one you use) instead of the first ones is mandatory! Please read my original description for a couple other necessary steps concerning the resource.cfg file etc.

MedievalMods and Sims3mods: Dive Cave Reset Fix, Resort Revamp, Industrial Oven Revamp, Will O' Wisp fix, UI Sounds Disabled, No Cars, Gnome Family Planner, Townies Out on the Town, No Martial Arts Clothes, Fast Skilling, etc. http://simsasylum.com/tfm/
Forum Resident
#84 Old 17th Sep 2014 at 1:04 PM
With the new version, can the mod still be placed in a subfolder in the Mods folder, or does it just have to be in the Mods folder now?
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#85 Old 17th Sep 2014 at 2:33 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ShortyBoo
With the new version, can the mod still be placed in a subfolder in the Mods folder, or does it just have to be in the Mods folder now?

Yes, it works fine if the new files are in a subfolder.

MedievalMods and Sims3mods: Dive Cave Reset Fix, Resort Revamp, Industrial Oven Revamp, Will O' Wisp fix, UI Sounds Disabled, No Cars, Gnome Family Planner, Townies Out on the Town, No Martial Arts Clothes, Fast Skilling, etc. http://simsasylum.com/tfm/
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#86 Old 18th Sep 2014 at 2:06 PM
It is nice and awsome.have been waiting for it.
Test Subject
#87 Old 19th Sep 2014 at 6:14 AM
Apologies for the stupid question - when you say open the resource.cfg file with notebook and then copy and paste DirectoryFiles unpackedmod autoupdate after resource.cfg, is that the same as going to the resource.cfg properties and adding DirectoryFiles unpackedmod autoupdate to the resource.cfg filename? Am I even making sense?
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#88 Old 20th Sep 2014 at 8:15 AM
No, it isn't the file name, you can't alter the name of this file. Double click on the actual file itself and it should open up in Notepad, but you can edit it with Wordpad or Notepad++ or any Text Editor program. Copy this new line, the DirectoryFiles thing, and paste it in at the bottom of whatever text you see in the file, and then save it.

Test Subject
THANKS POST
#89 Old 20th Sep 2014 at 6:06 PM
THX
Test Subject
#90 Old 20th Sep 2014 at 7:32 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Shimrod101
No, it isn't the file name, you can't alter the name of this file. Double click on the actual file itself and it should open up in Notepad, but you can edit it with Wordpad or Notepad++ or any Text Editor program. Copy this new line, the DirectoryFiles thing, and paste it in at the bottom of whatever text you see in the file, and then save it.

Oh jeez, thank-you. And sorry. I'm so computer un-savvy it's not even funny
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#91 Old 22nd Sep 2014 at 4:50 PM
Thank you
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#92 Old 24th Sep 2014 at 1:00 AM
Thanks alot
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#93 Old 24th Sep 2014 at 12:35 PM
Thanks!
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#94 Old 26th Sep 2014 at 12:57 AM
The XML file used in these mods was altered by the 9-25-2014 update, so I will be remaking these now.

Test Subject
THANKS POST
#95 Old 26th Sep 2014 at 11:13 AM
Thank you very much
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#96 Old 26th Sep 2014 at 11:50 AM
Both of these mods are updated to V3.

Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#97 Old 26th Sep 2014 at 8:54 PM
awesome c:
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#98 Old 2nd Oct 2014 at 12:31 PM
These mods are checked with the new patch and the files used here aren't altered, so they are fine.

Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#99 Old 4th Oct 2014 at 1:53 AM
Thanks for checking!
Lab Assistant
#100 Old 4th Oct 2014 at 1:57 AM
We don't need the sub-folder anymore, right?
Page 4 of 9