Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 1st Jul 2014 at 10:41 PM
Default Housing the Homeless Challenge
Hey guys! I was eating dinner today and suddenly I was thinking this, what if you had 24 sims in one beginner house?
This was inspired by the Asylum challenge! It's like the Asylum challenge, but with different requirements.
Here's the link: http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=450267

Theres is a few mods you will need: Woohooer, MasterController, and Portrait Panel

Make sure sims have their will set to high in options.

There was a major hurricane in [insert town name here] and you volunteered to give 22 sims a home with your spouse. Despite your very poor living conditions, you prepared the best you could for the 22 sims that are going to be living in your home. Using most of your savings, you got a few beds, skill building objects and a few more seats. When they arrive, you don't know what mess you have gotten into. What will you do?

Creating your Sims
You are going to need one male and one female sim, each young adults. You have control over their appearance and personality. Except the only trait that they can't have is natural cook, green thumb, workaholic or anything that makes life a little easier. It ruins the fun of the challenge! Both of your sims need absent minded and hates outdoors trait. You can choose their LTW as you want, but I recommend that you don't do anything that involves other sims, (Heartbreaker, Gold digger or something like that), since you won't be able to go out to town exception to work, the bookstore and grocery store. Choose wisely!

Moving in
I recommend the town either Sunset Valley or Riverview, though it doesn't really matter. Make sure you get a beginner house, (1-2 br, 1 ba and 1 living room) and modify it with cheats until you meet these requirements:
- Must have 6 single beds and one double bed, (the double bed is reserved for you and your spouse!)
- 10 seating areas (If you're using couches, a 3 seated couch counts as 3, and a 2 seated couch counts as two. You get the point)
- 1 accessible kitchen (Cheapest fridge and stove. No appliances, such as microwaves, blenders and etc)
- 1 accessible bathroom (You can make the bathroom as you want it to be, but no public stalls or showers. This makes it more challenging)
- 5 skill building objects (Bookshelves do not count as skill building objects. Go ahead and place as many as you want.)
- 1 Cheap Computer and 1 Cheap TV (If you want to make it more challenge, make it 1 computer only or 1 tv only! No phones allowed)
- Make sure the net of your house is over 400,000! It makes some wacky bills. For a bigger challenge, over 10,000,000. (You can place statues all over the lot if you want.)
- It's a one story house, and cannot exceed over 5 rooms.
- No fire alarms or burglar alarms!
- Your allowed to have a pond, but that counts as a skill building object. So does planter bowls (if you have Supernatural)

The 22 Sims
I asked you to get MasterController to add more than 8 sims in your household, and portrait panel for the this specific purpose. Go around town and add sims to your active household or use MasterController to add sims quickly. Make sure all of them get absent minded trait and all of their 'helpful' traits removed. Get them all jobs, (if they already have a job make them quit and join as a rookie) and after that send them home and you won't be able to control them once the challenge starts unfortunately. You only get to control your female and male sim that you've created.

Gameplay
Time for the challenge itself and it's rules! So first off you can't control or even click on the 22 sims that you're currently not controlling. At 12:00 A.M each night you can check their inventories for any books, instruments, and objects. Your goal is to reach level 10 in your career. You can finally pay for everyone's houses!
- No cheats allowed! (Only when you're building to meet the following requirements)
- No locking rooms for your advantage.
- Try and reset bed ownership if you have University.
- No maids/butlers/technicians/etc. (and babysitters if you have children!)
- No collecting things, like flowers and rocks.
- No locking, starving or drowning sims! It will effect your final score.
- If a sim dies, their tombstone stays on the lot. (reference to no locking and starving sims) You also remove one bed until you get 2 beds. Then you start removing seating.
- Pregnancy is allowed, but you cannot pay for a crib unless you already placed one in the beginning. Same thing for children toys.
- If you get robbed, you cannot replace it.
- If you get a visit from the repo-man, next time pay the bills and you can't replace what was taken to repossession.
- If the fridge was robbed/repo'd, I feel sorry for you. (You can't replace it!)
- You can have pets
- Have fun!

Scoring
+10 for every skill point a sim has
+50 for every baby born on the lot and raised to teenager
+25 for every baby born
-50 for every social worker visit
-25 for every repo-man visit
-25 for every burglary
+10 for every 1,000 for household funds (calculated at the end of the challenge)
-100 for losing your fridge
-50 for losing your stove
+20 for every sim that has a relationship with another sim. (Spouses/Dating Couples that were edited in the sims CAS do not count)
-30 for every fire
+10 for every repaired object
-1 for every day you have those 22 sims
-50 for every sim death
-30 for every sim that enters the elder stage.
+50 for every sim that earns a promotion
+50 for children that get good grades! (B- or above) Educated sims are good sims
+200 if you win the challenge
-200 if you lose the challenge

Enjoy this challenge I have made and I will be happy to answer any questions!
Advertisement
Test Subject
#2 Old 27th Jan 2015 at 10:28 AM
This challenge is so evil, but fun! :P
Instructor
#3 Old 27th Jan 2015 at 4:42 PM
I love this challenge! I think I'll have to do it sometime, although in the absence of scoring.
Test Subject
#4 Old 27th Jan 2015 at 9:56 PM
Oh my goodness... this challenge is absolutely beautiful. It's making me cry tears of pure evil, I'll have to try it some time!