Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Scholar
Original Poster
#1 Old 3rd Aug 2014 at 10:46 AM Last edited by IrishA03 : 21st Aug 2014 at 1:58 PM. Reason: I made it easier to read, and I added in a few more things.
Default *UPDATED!* 20 Children Challenge
The Sims 3 20 Children Challenge.

TESTERS WANTED!

Backstory:

One day, you were living a normal life with your family- the next, you woke up on an abandoned island with no memories of the past day. How did you get here? Will you ever get out? The only clue you have is a note, addressed to you.

"Dear, ______ ,
No doubt you are wondering how you got here- or how you will get out. The answer to the first is easy. You wanted a fresh start. I gave it to you. Getting out is trickier. You must create a family of twenty or more children in your time that is left. There is no other option. If you want to leave by then, you can. But until then...happy solitary. "

You only have one option.
You must do as the note says.

Starting the Game:

• University Life or World Adventures is required, or else you will have to cheat.
  • Download an empty world from The Exchange. No rabbitholes, community lots or anything. Only empty residential lots.
  • Your sim must be female. For obvious reasons.
  • Pick a lot. It has to be big enough. I would recommend a seaside lot, or one hidden in the trees.
  • Build your house. You can use cheats, but you can only build the following house:
A kitchen
A dining room
Bathroom
A skill room. (Choose one skill, and put something of that skill in that room. One item only. This room helps if you want to go to University.)
Upstairs Bathroom
Two upstairs 'Baby Rooms'. This is where your first few children will stay.
Your room. (Double bed, dresser, lamp and bookshelf only. No skill books.)
  • Furnish it as you see fit. No extra rooms. You are allowed a 'garden' to grow stuff. This (along with cooking) are the only 'extra' skills that you're allowed to improve.
  • When you start playing, make sure to cancel the newspaper delivery.
  • Delete the mailbox. You're on a island, bills won't be coming!
  • After all that is done, improve your skill. If you want to go to University, improve your desired degree skill.

The Rules:
  1. No cheating, except at the beginning. EXCEPT for ResetSim.
  2. When it comes to mods, I don't have many. So you can use Potrait Panel. Woohooer is also allowed. Mods that fix bugs are also allowed. (Full list of allowed mods will come soon.)
  3. No watermelons or apples.
  4. No create a sim. Your children must be naturally supernatural or human.
  5. Fertility Treatment is allowed. (Full list of allowed lifetime rewards below)
  6. You are allowed it build a bigger house, but only when you have the money.
  7. Money must be earned by selling plants and paintings. Also novels or other money making skills. But only when you unlock it. Money by Woohooer is allowed. You may also make money by selling your home cooked meals.
  8. With every child, you unlock a new skill. You also unlock a new skill when you move in your husband.
  9. Once you build your house, set your funds to $1,000.

The Goal:

The goal is to have all of the below children before you become an elder and you will be infertile. You can adopt after you become an elder. You may become pregnant again after your child is born. You may travel to University. Aging must be on, and it must be set as so:

Baby: Two days
Toddler: Seven days
Child: Twelve days
Teen: Twelve Days
Young Adult: Thirty Five days
Adult: Thirty Five days
Elder: Seven days

The game is lost if you become an elder before the goal is completed. You can lengthen your lifespan by potions or lifetime wishes, but you may only use potions if your child makes it for you.

Rules (Raising Kids)
  • Before the toddler ages into a child, they must be able to walk and talk. Get the teens to help out in this one.
  • You can move out some children with your other child...only if they are a teen, and are best friends with the person they want to move out with.
  • Make sure every child and teen is at least at level five in at least one skill. If they age up before that is completed, you must give them a bad trait.

The Children:
  • Five children from husband
  • Five children from someone else. (Only one other person, and you must have them after marraige).
  • Twins
  • Triplets
  • Two adopted.
  • Two Supernatural
  • One ghost child. (If you can't find any, just place a cemetary down. Or edit someone.)
  • If you want, you may also have quadruplets, which are made possible by Twallan's Woohooer mod.

Notes:
  • You may have to have more children to complete the objectives.
  • After the challenge is completed, you may move.
  • You will have to move out some children.
  • If you have twin supernatural, you may only tick off one objective. (Twins). Double hits like that only count for one objective.
  • If Supernatural is not installed, you can use another method to get those two children. You can clone (by a LW or by University), you can use Store Content to get more children, or you can use another method. Make sure to check before you use another method. You may also have children from other expansions, for example, vampires from Late Night and PlantSims from University. Mods are a no-no.

!Optional!
  • +One point for every child.
  • +Two points for every objective
  • +Three points for every five thousand simoleons.
  • -1 point for every death/ every time a social worker visits.
  • -1 point for every time caught cheating. (If your husband catches you, just reset him so he doesn't accuse you, but still take away one point.)

Have fun! If you think I left out something
just tell me!
Advertisement
Test Subject
#2 Old 4th Aug 2014 at 5:24 AM
Sounds fun I'm going to give it a shot in the morning
Scholar
Original Poster
#3 Old 4th Aug 2014 at 12:35 PM
Quote: Originally posted by JustMeHere
Sounds fun I'm going to give it a shot in the morning

Thanks!!
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 4th Aug 2014 at 9:02 PM
Sounds a bit hard, so I guess i'm gonna try and keep up with everyone and count their babies and points. Is that ok?
Scholar
Original Poster
#5 Old 4th Aug 2014 at 9:16 PM Last edited by IrishA03 : 4th Aug 2014 at 9:28 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by moonstarforever
Sounds a bit hard, so I guess i'm gonna try and keep up with everyone and count their babies and points. Is that ok?

Uhh...yeah?? Give it a shot, you don't have to use all the rules! Plus, it's called a challenge for a reason.
Lab Assistant
#6 Old 5th Aug 2014 at 5:16 AM
Man, I want to try this, but I don't have any of the EPs required. Maybe I should do points and babies, because there is NO way I can play this.

Bookworm,Loves The Cold,Couch Potato,Dog Person, Insane Psychopath ;-D
Scholar
Original Poster
#7 Old 6th Aug 2014 at 6:30 PM Last edited by IrishA03 : 7th Aug 2014 at 8:23 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by TeckieSimmer
Man, I want to try this, but I don't have any of the EPs required. Maybe I should do points and babies, because there is NO way I can play this.

@TeckieSimmer
Play in an occupied world. (Sunset Valley.) Also, have 6 children from husband, six from someone else. :-)
Lab Assistant
#8 Old 8th Aug 2014 at 7:34 PM
Gonna fire this up soon, had some real life events

Bookworm,Loves The Cold,Couch Potato,Dog Person, Insane Psychopath ;-D
Scholar
Original Poster
#9 Old 11th Aug 2014 at 11:16 AM
Anyone else want to try this? C'mon people, 493 views and only 7 (now 8) replies! We can do much better than that!
Lab Assistant
#10 Old 16th Aug 2014 at 12:06 AM
am i late? i like this challenge... i will try it when i have time :/
Test Subject
#11 Old 16th Aug 2014 at 3:01 AM Last edited by Artemis15 : 16th Aug 2014 at 4:39 AM.
I'm about to start this challenge

Questions:
In the points 5000 what?
And does any occult life-state, whether it's from the Supernatural EP or not, count for the supernatural objective?
Test Subject
#12 Old 16th Aug 2014 at 4:51 AM
This is my challenge mother:

Her name is London Faye. Her traits are: Genius, Family Oriented, Natural Cook, Hopeless Romantic and Artistic. She has a Fine Arts Degree and loves to paint. Her LTW is, of course, Surrounded by Family.
This is her husband and room-mate from University, Daniel Faye.

His traits are (I used Lifetime Happiness Points to change them): Family Oriented, Genius, Artistic, Nurturing and Athletic. He has a degree in Professional Sports (I think that's what it's called...) and his LTW was to become a superstar athlete, but I changed it to SBF because of the whole no rabbit holes thing
This is the world I'm using (Laguna Coast Lite):

This is the house after my sims were married:

Pictures of children to come, London is preggers!
Scholar
Original Poster
#13 Old 16th Aug 2014 at 10:17 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Artemis15
I'm about to start this challenge

Questions:
In the points 5000 what?
And does any occult life-state, whether it's from the Supernatural EP or not, count for the supernatural objective?

Oops.
5000 simeoleons.
And yes. If you, for example have two vampire children from Late Night, then it counts. Also, two ghost children PLUS the other one also counts. Mermaids, venues PlantSims. I don't mind.
Test Subject
#14 Old 16th Aug 2014 at 11:14 AM
Thank you I love the sim in your profile picture BTW
Scholar
Original Poster
#15 Old 16th Aug 2014 at 3:48 PM
@Artemis15
Thanks! I hope that you're enjoying the challenge. Also, your sim is soo pretty!

@everyone else who is doing the challenge/ reading it.
I edited it a little, making it easier to read.
Scholar
Original Poster
#16 Old 18th Aug 2014 at 9:29 PM
Sorry for double posting, but I updated the challenge. Now you CAN use cheats + Mods, but only specific ones mentioned! Also, does anyone want *optional* rolls?
Test Subject
#17 Old 18th Aug 2014 at 11:55 PM
Cool challenge might try it
Lab Assistant
#18 Old 21st Aug 2014 at 9:52 PM
I'm gonna do this thing weekly, just as a board of who has children in their family and who doesn't.

Artemis15: Female sim now pregnant with first child.

So far 1 unborn baby, and 0 born, 0 grown, in total.
Scholar
Original Poster
#19 Old 24th Aug 2014 at 9:38 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Pakia
I wanna try this one! Is a mod that alters the initial household funds allowed? I currently have one for 40 000. And can I use Builder's Island from Armiel? I mean, it's empty...

Yep, of course you can use Builder's World. You should place down maybe five-ten spawners in different places.

I don't know what mod that is, so if you could link it, that'd be great!
Scholar
Original Poster
#20 Old 24th Aug 2014 at 3:42 PM
Then yeah, you may use it, as long as you give your family €1,000 later
Test Subject
#21 Old 24th Aug 2014 at 6:17 PM
ehhhh ill give this a try if my stupid laptop lets me download things. And also I suck at building houses so the sims 3 resource wont let me download anything!
Lab Assistant
#22 Old 24th Aug 2014 at 7:28 PM
Quote: Originally posted by megan19923
ehhhh ill give this a try if my stupid laptop lets me download things. And also I suck at building houses so the sims 3 resource wont let me download anything!

If you make a box the right size and shape, and do a few touches, it'll look awesome!