Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 21st Jun 2009 at 3:08 AM Last edited by Dozo : 23rd Jun 2009 at 3:48 AM.
Default The Alotment Challenge

I thought of this challenge last night, so it's a bit of a work in progress but I'm having fun with it so far. This is also my first challenge idea so bare with me...

If you don't want to build your own lot, you can download mine here

Rules so far:

* the sims alotment sizes can be no bigger than 10 x 10
* there must be no more than 1 sim per alotment(unless that sim has a wife and kids)
* the sims must live in their own sheds
* more sims may move into the alotment and have their own shed and garden
* the sims must keep all of their plants alive at all costs
* if any plants die within any alotment, the sim of that alotment is automatically disqualified (however, if your plants go barren or die unexpectedly this does not count and you will not be disqualified)
* each sim has it's own 'bank' so you must keep a total of how much each induvidual sim makes from their plants etc
* each alotment lot must have a pond(not the individual alotments)
* at the start of the challenge, each shed is white (it must be wood clapboard
* you must keep a total of how many fruits/vegatables each sim has sold
* your sim may or may not attend gardening classes
* your sim can sell paintings or anything else to get more money
* each sim starts off with 5000 simoloneons, used to build their shed etc
* your sim may fall in love and have children, but remember that you cannot expand the size of your shed once built
* the size of the overall lot does not matter as long as you can fit the alotment sizes in
* no cheats are to be used except building cheats
* the bathroom part of the shed does not cost any money for the sim(including walls for the bathroom and clapboard & doors)
* each shed MUST fit into the alotment
* outdoor plants for decoration do not cost anything
* gates do not cost anything
* the bills do not count in the sims banks
* your sims must not get jobs

Sim ranks:

1. 5 fruit/vegatables sold from 5 different plants=blue shed
2. 10 fruit/vegatables sold from 5 different plants=red shed
3. 15 fruit/vegatables sold from 5 different plants=yellow shed
4. 20 fruit/vegatables sold from 5 different plants=green shed
5. 30 fruit/vegatables sold from 6 different plants=purple shed
6. 40 fruit/vegatables sold from 6 different plants=blue and red shed
7. 50 fruit/vegatables sold from 10 different plants=red and yellow shed
8. 100 fruit/vegatables sold from 13 different plants=gold and white
9. 200 fruit/vegatables sold from 13 different plants=silver and copper (brown)
10. 500 fruit/vegatables sold from 13 different plants=your sim has won the challenge and must move out

Your goal:
at least 4 sims must complete the 500 fruit or vegetables goal to win

Your main goal:
have a lot of fun.

there are no points in this game, only bank/total of fruits and vegetables

My challenge introduction:

Meet my sims:

This is Forest, he is a musician at heart and loves butterflies.
He joined because he wants to meet musicians and make more butterly friends.

This is Brittany, she's the sauce of the group with no fashion sense. She joined to get with all of the guys.

This is Hope, she is shy and loves the outdoors and she joined
because she wants to lose weight and feel better about herself

This is Red, he is a bit of a freak and talks to himself a lot and he joined because he wants to collect fish.

This is Billy, he's an asshole and likes to piss people off with his high school antics.
He joined because he wants to ruin people's lives

This is Francis, she's obsessed with blue and she joined to see how many blue vegetables she can grow.

This challenge is already fun, if you'd like to give it a go let me know how it works out for you.
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 21st Jun 2009 at 3:39 AM
I like the challenge, but I think I like your lot even more. It's adorable!

I might give this a spin once I'm done with my legacy.
Instructor
#3 Old 21st Jun 2009 at 6:57 AM
Oooooo...I love your pretty little commune!

I may have to try this tomorrow!

Count no Sim lucky until he is dead.
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 21st Jun 2009 at 7:07 AM
I like the challenge, and I absolutely love your garden and your sims!!!

By the way... how do you make such high-quality screenshots? Do you edit them somehow?

Yesterday is history,
Tomorrow is a mystery,
Today is a gift, that is why
We call it the Present.
Lab Assistant
#5 Old 21st Jun 2009 at 7:33 AM
Correct me if I'm wrong, but don't plants die after some particular number of harvests no matter what you do?

I take excellent care of my gardening sim's plants, but sometimes they just die out inexplicably after I harvest. >.>; Am I missing something? Seems you'd get disqualified after... not a very long time.
Instructor
#6 Old 21st Jun 2009 at 7:48 AM
Yeah they go barren. I thought she meant die from neglect.
Lab Assistant
#7 Old 21st Jun 2009 at 8:01 AM
Hmm, ok. I've never had a plant die from neglect, so I didn't know if the mouseover looked different or the game treated it differently or anything. Thanks.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#8 Old 21st Jun 2009 at 8:50 PM
Yes I meant die from neglect, if they die for no reason that's alright. You're only disqualified if your plant/plants die if you haven't taken care of them. Sorry for not clearing that up.
Instructor
#9 Old 22nd Jun 2009 at 6:56 AM
Quote: Originally posted by AyaJulia
Hmm, ok. I've never had a plant die from neglect, so I didn't know if the mouseover looked different or the game treated it differently or anything. Thanks.

The higher your gardening skill gets, the less likely the plants are to crap out randomly.

Try taking your higher quality produce that you grow and using it at "seed." That seems to help too.

Count no Sim lucky until he is dead.
Lab Assistant
#10 Old 22nd Jun 2009 at 12:40 PM
Would you upload your lot so people can start with the same lot?
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#11 Old 22nd Jun 2009 at 9:07 PM
Yes, I can upload my lot and I will do so shortly.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#12 Old 23rd Jun 2009 at 3:03 AM
You can download my lot Here
Test Subject
#13 Old 7th Jul 2009 at 10:27 PM
the lot is absolutely beautiful!!! reminds me of a cute little stable on a farm... you know, with all the different stalls and buildings? cute!!

and I love how the sims have reasons for being on the lot =P I need to try this challenge. but I'm also in the middle of an asylum AND writing/testing a challenge I'm making i'll post it when I'm ready... it's going to be a "teen" asylum for juvenile delinquents hehehe we're talking 7 pyromaniac, insane, grumpy teens stuck in one building together with just one adult
Test Subject
#14 Old 12th Jul 2009 at 3:27 PM
how can each sim have an individual bank?? sorry i'm clueless
Field Researcher
#15 Old 12th Jul 2009 at 10:03 PM
Where can we place the lot? I can't find anywhere suitable?

Sims 2 Rotation Blog Pleasantview Sucks
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#16 Old 19th Jul 2009 at 9:08 AM
Quote: Originally posted by swimgators
how can each sim have an individual bank?? sorry i'm clueless

They don't -literally- have a bank for themselves. You need to write down their name and how much money they have on notepad (or wordpad) and save as a document so you don't forget.
Example:

John: 5,000
Jane: 400

Etc.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#17 Old 19th Jul 2009 at 9:09 AM
Quote: Originally posted by That20issmokin
Where can we place the lot? I can't find anywhere suitable?

I removed the graveyard on my map. You can remove the graveyard and put it somewhere else (I think). But the lot should go anywhere.
Inventor
#18 Old 20th Jul 2009 at 3:31 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Sarasvati
I like the challenge, but I think I like your lot even more. It's adorable!

Me too! I think I might try this just because the place is so cuuuute!
Test Subject
#19 Old 2nd Aug 2009 at 9:56 AM Last edited by emb789 : 2nd Aug 2009 at 12:12 PM. Reason: Another question - don't want to double-post
This looks really fun!
If 2 sims fall in love and marry etc and they both have a shed, do they then share a shed or keep their own, and if they end up sharing can you move in a new Sim to live in the empty shed?
Also, with the bathroom, dofurnishings like a toilet, a shower, decorations and stuff come free too or is it just the actual construction?
Forum Resident
#20 Old 3rd Aug 2009 at 3:25 PM Last edited by kampffenhoff : 3rd Aug 2009 at 3:44 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by Dozo
I removed the graveyard on my map. You can remove the graveyard and put it somewhere else (I think). But the lot should go anywhere.

I can't find anywhere that will take this lot except a House occupied with Sims or the Graveyard. So if I remove the graveyard I can put this lot there but then there is no where to put the graveyard. So I have to either go without the graveyard or delete a house full of premade Sims which might mess up the game. Help?
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#21 Old 11th Aug 2009 at 9:56 PM
Quote: Originally posted by emb789
This looks really fun!
If 2 sims fall in love and marry etc and they both have a shed, do they then share a shed or keep their own, and if they end up sharing can you move in a new Sim to live in the empty shed?
Also, with the bathroom, dofurnishings like a toilet, a shower, decorations and stuff come free too or is it just the actual construction?

They have to share the original shed (yes you can make it bigger if you want) and yes the bathroom decorations etc are free as well.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#22 Old 11th Aug 2009 at 9:57 PM
Quote: Originally posted by kampffenhoff
I can't find anywhere that will take this lot except a House occupied with Sims or the Graveyard. So if I remove the graveyard I can put this lot there but then there is no where to put the graveyard. So I have to either go without the graveyard or delete a house full of premade Sims which might mess up the game. Help?

Hmm... The lot should fit anywhere. And you shouldn't have to delete a household with sims in it, just place it in a blank space and it should work fine. You should be able to move the graveyard elsewhere as well. hope this helped.
Test Subject
#23 Old 23rd Aug 2009 at 3:27 PM
well, the problem with the ot is that it is 63 long... most lots are a maximum of 60, or even less. only one or two places are large enough, and those normally hold families or the graveyard.

and I can't just move the families, because their house, in turn, does not fit anywhere else... *drop*
however, I will probably just delete them, take a look at your lot to get some ideas and then build my own in a new save. *sigh*
Test Subject
#24 Old 23rd Aug 2009 at 3:47 PM
This sounds really fun! and I also love your lot that you built for it!! I'm going to try it.

more pics @ pixelplayground
Test Subject
#25 Old 25th Aug 2009 at 2:08 AM
The only non-comunity lot I saw that could be occupied by your lot is a lot in Riverview, in the big manor's zone.

This challenge seemed pretty interesting, so I downloaded your lot, made my sims and when I went to the house... Why don't some sheds have a fridge or a toilet, or a shower...? I though each sim should keep living on its own shed as much as possible, and not be dependent on the other sim's sheds to pee or whatever.
Page 1 of 2