Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
#76 Old 26th Jun 2013 at 3:41 AM
Yeah so, I just checked up on my sims recently, and started up on the challenge again,
So.. Ember is getting promotions every other sims day,
Remila and someone died in a fire, The other sim hasn't shown up in the house, but everytime the creepy music plays, she always in the bath...
Ember is getting closer to freedom!
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#77 Old 26th Jun 2013 at 5:35 AM
i decided to do this challenge but with a couple quirks to make it harder. I created my 7 sims, making two of them have similar physical traits as the sim i was going to play and played with genetics with the option there to be on young adult to see what they would look like. once i found one liked, i created a toddler. the only plus i gave the child was that i used mastercontroller to give the child the basics and so that i could choose loser when they aged up which i did immediately. making it so that they only could age up before their birthday if they had 3 days on the honor roll. and if they did have 3 days on the honor roll, they had to age up. (this is as far as a got since my save got corrupted bc i messed up with one of my mods and the save was corrupted, but wanted to let you guys know cause i find it chaotically interesting.
Lab Assistant
#78 Old 4th Jul 2013 at 8:47 PM
I started this challenge yesterday and i can say it's funny but also hard.
For me it's difficult because i usually use 'testingcheatsenabled true' on and my sims' needs are always green. But in this challenge i don't want to use cheats and i'm going crazy to maintain my sim living and satisfy her life wish.
I've choosen to be at the level 9 of the career of scientist and i think it's one of the hardest wish. You have to study gardening and also manuality (mmh i don't know if it's correct) and with Seasons there are days where you don't go to work so i waste a looot of time.
We'll see, now i'm at week 4 so many points lost!
Test Subject
#79 Old 5th Jul 2013 at 5:37 PM
It took me 25 days to complete the challenge. The most annoying thing for me was the sims constantly making meals when there was already food available, which ate up funds in the first week that I needed to pay the bills. I managed to get my controllable crazy to paint enough so they wouldn't get a visit from the repo man, but it was a close call. After that week, my sim's painting skill was high enough that she could make ends meet without any trouble. I nearly made it through two weeks before the first fire, which my sim was able to put out without too much trouble and nobody died. I had her make the stove fireproof after that, using the skill she'd developed while fixing the toilet and the TV that broke almost daily. Hey, I didn't cheat

Nobody got killed, which was awesome since I took a gamble and put in a swimming pool. I'm kind of surprised nobody drowned. I did have a lot of routing issues in the bathroom area because it was so small, so if I redo the challenge at some point I'll make sure to give the sims more room to get out of each other's way. My sims managed 111 skill points between them, helped largely by the presence of a pool and guitar which seem to be highly appealing to sims for some reason. I finished with a score of 335. I'm pretty sure I added it up correctly, but looking at other people's scores it seems awfully high.

Heh, maybe I'm just amazing

Certified rage-quitter.
Test Subject
#80 Old 2nd Aug 2013 at 10:24 AM Last edited by sanya=D : 2nd Aug 2013 at 10:28 AM. Reason: Add more information
I have just completed this challenge; my sims lifetime wish was hit movie composer, which was quite difficult to achieve, seeing as sims work a day less a week because of the stupid seasonal holiday, meaning promotions take longer. I was surprised that many of my sims managed to master a few skills, resulting with 145 points from skill points alone. My final score was 201, which I am pretty happy with, but it could have been higher had my sim been working 6/7 days a week instead of 4, meaning I lost 38 points from how long it took me (and 1 from the stupid repo-man). This was an entertaining challenge to complete, to say the least. Now I don't know what to do with my sim! Just one question - it's only our own sim whose aspiration points we count at the end, right? Only double checking.

I only mastered the handiness skill because it was completely necessary, and it happened whilst I was fixing stuff without any effort on my part to master it. Did anyone else get this with their controllable sim? There were so many close calls, and a near death with a fire, but I ended up keeping all my sims alive and happy as I made sure most of the appliances were unbreakable/fireproof.
Test Subject
#81 Old 8th Sep 2013 at 12:24 PM
I just started this and the uncontrollable sims started a fire while my controllable sim was at work. She had to leave work and run home to put out the fire. Then I didn't have enough money to replace everything. There are dirty dishes everywhere.
Test Subject
#82 Old 8th Sep 2013 at 9:51 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Ribij
I just started this and the uncontrollable sims started a fire while my controllable sim was at work. She had to leave work and run home to put out the fire. Then I didn't have enough money to replace everything. There are dirty dishes everywhere.

This sounds hilariously difficult. I should try this challenge some time. Anyone have any tips?
Test Subject
#83 Old 24th Sep 2013 at 9:36 PM
Are you allowed to buy them fun things to do but don't necessary give skills like seesaws swings and like the kids stuff basically. AND i just started today and so far 4 sims wet already wet themselves and it was only like half an hour into the game >.>
Test Subject
#84 Old 6th Oct 2013 at 4:01 PM
I've done this challenge before so im getting back to it!!!
Test Subject
#85 Old 30th Oct 2013 at 11:32 AM
i have a question for those of you that have done this challenge! a friend and i both decided we wanted to give this challenge a shot, so we set everything up and got our 8 sims moved in and immediately started laughing at the ridiculous of the other 7 we weren't control. but we both had something happen multiple times to our games. ALIEN ABDUCTIONS. did this happen to everyone else? in all the years i've been playing ts3, i have literally only had one other sim get abducted by an alien and in this challenge alone, i've had it happen FOUR TIMES so far (i say so far because i'm still not finished). my friend is in the same boat, except she's never had a sim be abducted and now it's happened multiple times in her house. i was just wondering if anyone else had this happen to them? it's not that we mind it, it's actually pretty amusing, it's just sort of bizarre that it's both happening multiple times to us (and no telescopes or space rocks on either of our lots) in this one challenge when we've had it happen so few times in other games in the past.
Test Subject
#86 Old 10th Nov 2013 at 3:17 AM
Quote: Originally posted by aelflaed
I completed this in the last 24 hours - mostly at high speed!

My unfortunate sims were a research team, sent to the arctic wastes to study an alien artifact discovered there. The flat-pack research station they had been landed with turned out to be designed for a team of four, not eight. There weren't enough beds, chairs, lab equipment or even food! Fortunately, it was possible to augment their four-sim rations by eating the experimental plants and fish with which the research station had been equipped. Everyone hoped they were not too experimental...

This was only the start of their troubles - sadly, everyone suffered radiation poisoning as soon as they were exposed to the strange object, and most of them became unable to function as scientists. They spent their days gesticulating wildly, arguing with walls, sleeping and using random objects when the mood took them. However, one sim held off the effects sufficiently to keep working, despite terrible living conditions, radiation sickness and the erratic sims around her.

Communications with the outside world were lost when a crazed scientist damaged the radio. It would be months before help came from outside, but the single remaining scientist kept working, searching for any clue to a cure for her team members. Finally, the eureka moment arrived - and all were saved!

Notes:
Final score 201, played for four and a half weeks.
Crazy sims gain autonomous skills surprisingly well - one even reached level 10 in painting. No sims died - although there was a fire within moments of the sims moving into the lot! I used the Hyperboreal world, which is an empty ice-map. My world contains two buildings - the research station, and a single community lot with the Lunar Lakes science centre, plus rabbitholes for bookshop and groceries - not that the groceries one was ever used. None of the crazies ever left the station, since there was nowhere else to go anyway.

I enjoyed re-doing this challenge - it was a good one in Sims 2 as well. I like short challenges, and it's good to vary my playstyle as well - minute control of just one sim is quite restful after my recent overstuffed games. And it's interesting to seee what sims do when you stop directing their lives - they actually look after themselves reasonably well, really!

I finished playing this in 4 weeks and 3 days in sim time. I found this challenge to be fascinating and easy to play. It was really fun! Anyway, my final score was 256, since none of my sims died and also had no repoman visits. I might play this challenge again soon.
Inventor
#87 Old 17th Nov 2013 at 3:11 AM
I started this challenge based on Llandros;s Challenge two in that they can work but have to come home after, so I used the base rules from here, but I have some small questions. Is getting alchemy supplies considered a visit to the grocery store? Bliss and sleep are quite helpful. I swapped out the tv/computer for the magic mirror which counts .. I think. What I am saying is that though the book case doesn't count and a regular mirror doesn't count the Magic Mirror should count like a computer or tv for skilling level. My question is .. does that make it one of the 5 skill toys or could I have another? I have childish sims so I put the claw in and one of them already has the ghost gnome. Does the toy box count as skilling? Oh and I spent the extra on books instead of fishies but put the books on the shelve for everyone.

Some people have a Guardian Angel, you know a little guy sitting on your shoulder that tells you right from wrong, but mine is an Idiot.
Forum Resident
#88 Old 7th Dec 2013 at 8:55 AM
I decided to have a try at this. I placed Grims Ghastly Manor in Moonlight Falls and, after altering it a bit and making it residential, I moved in 8 insane Sims. Haven't played it much yet because of lack of time but when I logged off 2 of my Sims were fighting and there was a fuss in the very small kitchen, which I didn't alter, as 5 Sims attempted to get food all at the same time.
Lab Assistant
#89 Old 24th Dec 2013 at 10:33 AM
Im going to make this with a "Alice Madness Returns" twist.
Im going to post a little diary someday about what happens :lovestruc
Test Subject
#90 Old 8th Jan 2014 at 2:06 PM
Thinking about adding an American Horror Story twist to the challenge.

I'm gonna add a nun sim to "watch over" the insane sims. For her traits I think she'll have Neat, Mean-spirited, Hot-headed, Evil... and I'm not sure about the last one.
Also to add to the feel I'm gonna swap out my custom music folder and replace it with that catchy "Dominique" song from the show lol
Test Subject
#91 Old 15th Jan 2014 at 3:51 AM
I just started this a second time. (My first time ended in a horrible fire and a 'neat' sim not wanting to use a dirty shower)

I changed up the story a bit. The playable sim is a psychiatrist who recently had their license to practice reinstated. The other 7 sims are the first patients since re-opening the facility. So, since your sim is 'treating' the other sims, a few conditions arose.

1. Your sim must make friends with all 7 sims before the LTW is achieved.
2. Your sim must be in the medical or science career to prove to the other doctors they are competent.
3. Once your sim is fully allowed to 'practice' (max out career, 7 friends, and LTW) they can focus on 'treating their patients.
3a. You will be playing each of the other 7 sims one by one. Choosing which one to play next will be up to you. But, basically, the process begins again except that you can now control 2 sims instead of 1 until their LTW and stuff is met.

Repeat 3a until all 8 sims reach their LTW.

I'm still working on my doctor. I'm in week 2 and have had 2 fires, but everyone is still alive.

I'm thinking of adding things as rewards for patients as they are treated (more beds, another bathroom, etc.) don't know yet.
Field Researcher
#92 Old 15th Jan 2014 at 4:19 AM
I really like that variant on it, especially the idea of using a sim in the medical career (but I admit that I'm excessively fond of doctor sims being able to force those enormous horse pills on other sims).

It adds a time challenge that I think I could really enjoy; I'd have to hustle to get all that done in a normal lifespan. I'm going to give this a shot your way, though. Haven't done a challenging challenge in quite a while.
Lab Assistant
#93 Old 17th Feb 2014 at 6:30 PM
Took me 2 sim weeks to finish this, but had loads of fun playing it. Since the end of the challenge, I've moved my sim (Leona Myring) out of the nut-house and left the other inmates to their own devices, only to discover yesterday they all married each other...

Needless to say I was incredibly amused at the prospect of those relationships, especially since my klepto married the Diva. I'm still unsure which sim to pity.
Test Subject
#94 Old 15th Apr 2014 at 2:36 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Zerhai
btw in your discription you did not say which lifetime wishes corresponded with which number
She meant that the 5 lifetime wishes that are given are the numbers, the generated ones that you don't choose.
Test Subject
#95 Old 22nd Apr 2014 at 7:56 AM
I'm currently trying this challenge for myself. Most of the other patients seem to handle themselves just fine, except for this one woman who has wet herself three times (in two days) and is the only one to pass out of everyone. Plus, every time she cooks, it winds up burnt. If anyone dies, it will probably be her :P
Lab Assistant
#96 Old 21st May 2014 at 5:57 PM Last edited by darkdirtyalfa : 17th Jun 2014 at 3:44 AM.
I just made this challenge, my first one. It was easy and entertaining. I ended up with a score of 130. I didn't buy them things to gain skill, they only had a bookshelf, a computer and a radio.
They actually took care of themselfs quite well. None died, although the wizard certanly tried to kill everyone. My sim was a human, the rest were supernaturals (minus another human).
Having a couple of "neat" sims helps. There was only one fire, but very small. My sim had to be level 9 on the sports carrer. It took us 4 weeks and 2 days.
Couple pages back someone said their sims got abducted even when that never happened in their game before. Well, that happened to me too. I've never had an abduction (even when I tried) and in this game, two sims got abducted (mine and my warewolf). Does that have something to do with the traits of the sims?
Anyway, I might try this again, but since my sim is now free, I changed his traits and I'm gonna keep playing him.
Test Subject
#97 Old 3rd Jun 2014 at 9:30 PM
I just started this challenge and have started a blog about it. Check it out!
http://madysim.tumblr.com/
Instructor
#98 Old 5th Jun 2014 at 10:27 PM
Whoo, just finished the challenge on Week 3, Day 5!
My Sims LTW was to learn every recipe (Cough 28).

My grand score was 112. I gotta say, my Sim was very anti social and didn't talk to anyone really outside the home. Oops. And a few of my uncontrollable Sims did NOTHING! I bet my score would have been higher if they each worked on their skills. Seriously, 8, 9, and 4 skill points total!?
My asylum was essentially set up using mostly items from the Sweet treats Stuff Pack. XD

One thing I found to be awesome for the challenge was letting the fire burn up the stove. That way they can't try to cook so many things that start fires. Teehee (And I couldn't afford a new stove).
Test Subject
#99 Old 11th Jun 2014 at 4:10 PM
Argh! I was so close to her lifetime wish and she goes and tries to upgrade a stove while singed...
Was doing the challenge with mover/portrait panel so I could have an Asylum with 14 people in it (I did raise the amount of furniture: 8 beds and 10 chairs, of which one napable)
Her LTW was to be a renowned surgeon, and even though she was unable to do most of the sidejobs she made it to neurosurgeon...
And to top that, my little sideproject (decorating the asylum with sculptures all over the place) was almost finished as well...
I am very sad right now...
Lab Assistant
#100 Old 15th Jun 2014 at 1:24 AM
I have a question though. How are you supposed to keep all 8 happy if you can only play one? Like how do I even know what the rest need, etc., if I can't click them?
Page 4 of 6