Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
#876 Old 2nd Sep 2018 at 7:29 PM
Hope you're still planning to update this and do a Sims 4 version, i really do love this challenge but my Sims 3 game runs like garbage.
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#877 Old 7th Aug 2019 at 9:09 AM
Corelone Family Updates (Officially Part 1)
Somehow generation 3 is still alive...
but I'm at generation 6 & I'm probably going to have to move the household to a different town soon due to lag.

Also this girl just aged up

I don't know if I'll do the Sim rollers... I might...who knows :P
Lab Assistant
#878 Old 16th Nov 2019 at 4:17 AM
As soon as I get a new charger, I'll let you guys know how the Corelone Family is doing!
Lab Assistant
#879 Old 29th Dec 2019 at 5:55 AM Last edited by LoveViolet : 29th Dec 2019 at 6:27 AM.
Default Corelone Family Updates (Part 2)
They are doing well ^-^ the events I've been rolling for them has been
"write a book"
"Start a fire"
"Don't leave the house for 3 days cause y'all are sick"
Just really boring stuff really...
Test Subject
#880 Old 16th Mar 2020 at 8:21 PM
I've been doing this challenge for about 5 years now, not on the same save... I get really attached to the founders and once they die I run out of enthusiasm which is why they're always a supernatural like a fairy or vampire. I've maybe had 3 sims die of old age. Maybe this save is the one!!!
Where was I going with this... oh yeah. I don't have any real photos of my sims or any real story except for this photo

Daphne's rolls are pretty princess, bald, and technophobe. She's actually pretty cute, but not the heir I have in mind. Meh thought I'd share
Test Subject
#881 Old 7th May 2020 at 11:31 PM
I started a Do it as You Go and ISBI challenge combo. My intention wasn't to write a story about this but I found a lot of hilarity and had to share it. I have two founder because of the Do it as you go rules, but only one is the torch holder. The first chapter had the same name as the story.
Chapter 1: Disaster in the Making
Screenshots
Test Subject
#882 Old 20th May 2020 at 8:03 AM
I downloaded the sims on my laptop so to test if it works well, I started this challenge with no story and just for fun. I was reading Nella's story and I found it a very fun challenge!

For the male sim I rolled: highlights, other worldy (make them look as inhuman as possible. Make them another life state.), extra 2 rolls, , clumsy trait, elf ears.
Female: black hair, neat trait, ugliest clothing you can find.
Extra sim (toddler): skynny bean pole, Medium hair, blond hair. (For the extra sim I rolled a dice in random.org odd=female even=male.)

So here's the Doit family (super original I know).
Sri (husband), Katrina (wife), Rhonda (toddler).

A close up of Sri

The event: Its all or nothing! (Use a dice or a random number generator. Odd number = Kill a sim. even number= a new car.)
Luckily it was a four so they have a car.

Optional build/buy event: Study

I'm going to keep playing a little more and see what this challenge holds for me.
Instructor
#883 Old 29th Jun 2020 at 1:20 AM
I'm afraid I don't quite understand the roles. Everything is all mixed up. Do I roll for every category like hair, eyes, skin, name, etc... or do I copy and paste all of those into one category, maybe 3 rolls means to divide the list into 3 sections and then roll for each section and then choose what I want after the roll? In the first line, it goes from hair color to facial hair, back to hair color/style, back to hair color. Do I roll each time for hair color and then for facial/no facial hair, etc...? That's what is confusing.
Lab Assistant
#884 Old 19th Jul 2020 at 3:12 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Sonshine
I'm afraid I don't quite understand the roles. Everything is all mixed up. Do I roll for every category like hair, eyes, skin, name, etc... or do I copy and paste all of those into one category, maybe 3 rolls means to divide the list into 3 sections and then roll for each section and then choose what I want after the roll? In the first line, it goes from hair color to facial hair, back to hair color/style, back to hair color. Do I roll each time for hair color and then for facial/no facial hair, etc...? That's what is confusing.

You can make the sims however you want, but you just have to follow whatever the rolls tell you to do, I'd roll first & then make my sim based off of that.
Instructor
#885 Old 9th Sep 2020 at 9:40 PM
I did. I did do some rolls. I also rolled for the town. I have some custom towns also and added a couple in to that. I rolled Mesa Valley. I'm also combining this w/the ISBI challenge. Here are my sims. First I chose a male and rolled white hair, ugly nose, and yellow eyes. For my female, I rolled blue hair, random traits of which insane actually came up, and an object name. My couch is behind me so she got named "Couch" LOL For my one free action for his YA stage, I chose plastic surgery which went horribly wrong. NO children until that nose gets fixed when he becomes adult!!! I also locked down his wish to learn athletic skill. Since I can't control him, I had her start a workout session to the tv and eventually he joined and actually got the skill! I rolled a build roll perk at the beginning and came up w/Panic Room. I have no idea what that is supposed to be, but I made it. If I ever roll "prison," that will be it. My event roll was "Prisoners." That's when I realized that Mesa Valley was empty. : / So, I plunked down some families and one of them is going to be my prisoner. LOL Here are some pics so far. I don't have a current pic atm b/c my dvd drive is broken. The last pic is what Couch did the moment they moved in, LOL Of course, he stood t here and mocked her the whole time, lol. Here are the pics of when I created them and moved them in:
Screenshots
Instructor
#886 Old 9th Sep 2020 at 9:56 PM
It turned out that my dvd drive just needed to be cleaned. All is good now. Here are some current pics. You can see how his plastic surgery went horribly wrong, lol His nose is still ugly, but the eyes and mouth are wrong
Screenshots
Instructor
#887 Old 10th Sep 2020 at 8:16 AM
I have another question for anybody who wants to answer. For the "Prisoners" event, can we keep the family in my house after the event is over or do I move them out again. The extra money is really nice.
Instructor
#888 Old 10th Sep 2020 at 9:19 AM
My next event roll was hair lice!! Everybody in the house has to have short hair. I gave them all buzz cuts, lol
Screenshots
Instructor
#889 Old 11th Sep 2020 at 8:42 AM
My next event was to throw a party and invite as many people as I could. I didn't want to invite the whole neighborhood so I invited several. I threw the party and it was a modest success. I only saw one complaint.
Instructor
#890 Old 12th Sep 2020 at 2:42 AM
After that I rolled "Pizza party!" I had to get all my sims fat. Wellll, I could only get my torch holder/founder fat b/c he wouldn't overeat. So I had her eat and eat and eat and she did get pretty fat. I had her work out after that and I wish RL would work this fast, LOL She was slim again after 1 workout! One more note, she is at lev 9 in her career now. 1 more level and she can quit and start her family. It will be interesting to see what we come up with.
Screenshots
Instructor
#891 Old 12th Sep 2020 at 5:46 AM
Since I'm combining this w/the I'm surrounded by Idiots challenge, I can't control her husband. The one time he starts to work out on the tread mill and she starts an argument w/him! I captioned it, "why are you working on MY treadmill you crazy old man???" He replies "what got into you? You're not so sane yourself you know!" They're both insane, lol.
Screenshots
Instructor
#892 Old 13th Sep 2020 at 11:50 PM
Time for a much overdue update here. I finally got his nose fixed. I had to wait until he was adult b/c of the ISBI challenge where he only gets 3 free actions per lifetime. Once for YA, Adult, and Elder. I used his Adult free action to get the plastic s urgery for his nose. It went MUCH better this time. After she completed her ltw and career, I got her pregnant. I had her keep her job though, so she could get a little bit of an income while on maternity leave. As soon as her maternity leave was used up, I had her quit. She had a little girl that I rolled "Kitty" for a name. Immediately or almost immediately after that, I got her pregnant again and this time she had twins, girls again. The first one's name is Violet and the next one is Princess Leah. Unfortunately, they all got dad's yellow eyes although, I could probably change the oldest since I've designated her as the heiress. I rolled for her stats and she got "modest clothing" and "make her pretty as a princess." So since she didn't get eye color, I'll give her mom's eye color. This is b/c yellow is my least fav color, especially in eyes! So far, JC is pretty good at helping out w/the babies. Whew though!! Couch just barely got all the kids trained in the basic skills! That was w/having her sleep for short periods of times in between to keep from passing out! Hopefully, no more babies so close together! Although, it's good practice for when the trips come! How I miss the toddler trainers from the store!! Especially w/twins! All the girls are now children and in school. In other news, JC has actually reached lev 8 in the sports career. This is in spite of the fact that he has almost no athletic pts! He may well make it yet! Here are some pics:
Instructor
#893 Old 17th Sep 2020 at 3:50 AM
Just a quick update:

The girls are all teens and I've had 1 honor roll so far (well, 2 including the family that lived w/them for a while). JC is lev 9 in the athletic career now, but was very slowwwwly gaining progress b/c of his lack of athletic pts. He had 4 athletic pts and then b/c of combining this w/the ISBI challenge so that I can't control him, I used his last free move to gain an athletic pt for him which brings him up to 5. Then he got an opportunity that is VERY easy to fulfill. It required that he "go to work and win a game." He did so and got a nice BIG boost in performance. There's hope for him yet to reach the top. Both he and Couch are elderly now w/just 4 days left for Couch and 5 days for JC technically. We'll see how long they go. Here is the story I wrote about his opportunity:

"Announcer speaking:

"Ladies and gentlemen. Tonight's game is the big game of the season. We have our teams Sunset Valley Origins and Mesa Valley Giants."

Skipping the first 3 quarters.

"Ladies and gentlemen, this is it. We're almost at the end of the 4th quarter now. It looks like Sunset Valley Origins is slightly ahead in score. It's going to be close. We're almost at the end of the quarter now and this will be the game of the season. At the last minute Crazy JC of the Mesa Valley Giants attempted to make a basket and would have made it, but accidentally got fouled. Because of that, he gets a free throw. If he makes this, it will be the game. This is the critical shot folks. Let's see if he can do it."

JC stood there and calculated the distance, angle, and strength it would take to get that ball in. He shot and the ball landed directly into that basket!!
"WOW!! He made the shot!! This is it folks! Mesa valley Giants are the champions and heroes this year thanks to Crazy JC. The team carried him on their shoulders all the way out of the stadium. He is their hero now." Meanwhile, the crowded stadium just totally erupted w/excited shouts for the victory!

His performance bar is just a hair less than 3/4 full. *fingers crossed* that he makes it. Once he does complete his career and ltw, both he and Couch will become unselectable and Kitty will take over. I'll probably move Violet and Princess Leah out.

Here are some current pics:
Screenshots
Instructor
#894 Old 17th Sep 2020 at 3:55 AM
My last event roll was "that was fast, play the game on speed 3 for 3 days." That was super easy b/c that's my normal speed to play on, LOL. My current event is "this is not my baby. Use edit town and merge a baby or toddler from a neighbor family into your family." Meet Markus Simovitch. He is a child now, but I don't have a pic yet.
Screenshots
Instructor
#895 Old 17th Sep 2020 at 9:39 PM
Hi, JC finally made the top of his career and also his ltw!! He is currently on the last day of his elder life bar. We'll see how long he sticks around. That opportunity to go to work and win a game did MUCH in helping that. After that it took a normal game play in his job (which gives the most progress pts) and a couple of practice sessions and that was it! YAY!
Screenshots
Instructor
#896 Old 24th Sep 2020 at 7:57 AM Last edited by Sonshine : 24th Sep 2020 at 8:21 AM.
Sorry for the lack of updates on this thread. I just forgot to do it. Anyway, Couch passed at 110 and JC passed at 119. I have the age bar set at 32 days for the adult stage. Marcus grew up to YA and I had to do a little bit of tweaking to his appearance. Kitty is the heiress and is now married. She is also lev 8 in the medical career and just a slight hair from lev 9 and her hubby is lev 5 in the music career. For her, either an emergency or the next day of work will get her to the next level. I plan to save the game under a different name and then experiment to find out which branch will work out best. I don't know if he'll play chess autonomously or not. I might be able to try to manipulate him playing chess for logic since I according to Toxi's rules for the ISBI, I won't be able to select "perform" in the work tone options for the rock star. I also got the opportunity via the event roll to adopt a cat so Kitty adopted a kitten. Here are some pics. The first pic is Marcus chatting w/Grim after Couch passed. Then JC gladly accepts Grim's command to enter the netherworld. Next is Marcus as a teen, and then Kitty as an adult and then Tyrone, and then the cat who I named Shadow.
Screenshots
Instructor
#897 Old 26th Sep 2020 at 8:32 AM Last edited by Sonshine : 27th Sep 2020 at 9:47 AM.
So far, Kitty topped her career and Tyrone is at lev 7 Symphonic. So far, he'd been pretty good at doing his guitar and playing chess for logic. I may not have to play the other one to experiment. Of course, there is nothing else for him to increase his fun level with right now except for making a snowman and there is only 1 day left of that. I have everything else stashed. Also, in an experimental game trying to work out a glitch, JC comes out of his grave and autonomously works out! I'm thinking "why didn't you do that when you were alive???" LOL I really could have used him to work out more then! Oh and Shadow is at lev 6 hunting now.
Test Subject
#898 Old 7th Jan 2021 at 6:32 PM
I always forget to post the chapter in this thread as well.

Chapter 7: Family Time
Test Subject
#899 Old 29th Jan 2021 at 4:12 AM
Another chapter in the same month, I'm impressed with myself.

Chapter 8: All the Kisses
Test Subject
#900 Old 7th May 2021 at 11:21 PM
A new chapter Chapter 9: I don't Have a Name for This

I moved the story to WordPress.
Page 36 of 37