Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 22nd Jun 2015 at 3:50 PM Last edited by Alex_12_12_ : 6th Jul 2015 at 8:02 PM. Reason: Adding in that you earn money for every couple matched.
Default Dating Agency
Okay, there are challenges about getting YOUR Sim romantically involved, but none about getting other Sims romantically involved, so let's hope that I am not copying anyone by accident.

Edits have been made in bold

Intro
You finally made it. You made it to Isla Paradiso, the place where people need you. Only you can help them, and you know just how to do it. By starting your very own dating agency. Thats right, you seem to think that Isla Paradiso needs your help in getting together with their soulmate.

Requirements

I recommend the Ambitions expansion pack (you don’t need it though). You’ll be using the styling station once you get your client to get them to look nice. Ambitions is just about it. (You don’t need to use Isla Paradiso as the town, I just thought it would be cute to go on diving dates)

Setting Up

Make a male/female Sim (for my sake I’m sticking with a girl to explain), make sure she is pretty, but not a knockout. Dress her in a dress (for guys do a nice button down and dress pants), they need to look business like right from the start, no matter how seedy their place of business is.

Her traits should be Artistic, Charismatic, Dramatic/Over-Emotional, Hopeless Romantic, and Perfectionist.

Lifetime wish should be Super Popular.

Getting Into the World[
/B]
Once you get into the world, you need to pick a lot. Pick any empty lot, and try to get one that is flat. Then, you need to start to building your agency.

[B]The Agency
You need a list of things to start off with, but remember, you’ll need to be expanding as the generations go on. Cheat to give yourself 33,610 simoleons.

Starting Off

-Have two bedrooms, one for you, another for a client.
-Have a medium sized kitchen.
-Have a dining room that consists of the breakfast table and 6 chairs.
-Have a medium sized living room.
-One couch, one love seat, and a chair. They should match
-One TV
-One radio
-A coffee table
-In the back of the house have a small room that consists of two desks, and 3 chairs. This will be your office. One desk in the back of the room that, when your sim sits by it, their back faces the door. have another that faces the door with a chair on the other side of it. This is where you will meet with your client and talk about what they look for in a partner.
-Have at least one bathroom, more if you have leftover money.

Gameplay
Your objective is to pair up as many people as you can in your Sim’s lifespan. This means that you will be coupling up A LOT of people.

How to Couple People Up

-First, you have to meet a person, it doesn’t matter the gender, just a person whose single or unhappily in a relationship.
-Then, you have to become friends with them (see why Super Popular is the lifetime wish now?)
-After you become friends with the person, move them into your lot (If you have University become roommates with them). They can sleep in the second bedroom while you tidy them up for their first date with another Sim. But, before you tidy them up, you have to have a meeting with them. TO THE MEETING ROOM!!!
-While in the meeting room you have to get to know them better, so learn the rest of their traits if you don’t know them already. If you know all their traits, then become good friends with them.
-Then, you can decide whether or not they are a hopeless case. If they are, then kick them out of your house. If they aren’t, then you can continue to work on them. (Hint: Unless you want a real challenge, kick out the unflirty Sims, those guys are DIFFICULT)
-Once you get them into a relationship, have a meeting with them again. This is the middle/end meeting. You meet with them to see if they wish for you to help them get to the married stage of their relationship (you keep them if they have the get married wish WHICH MEANS IF THEY WISH IT LOCK IT TO THEIR PROMISED WISHES).
-Once you get your couple your client up, add 1,500 simoleons to your family funds.**
-If you need to get them to the married stage, then go for it. Just know that after they become boy/girlfriend with someone, you can’t get married in one go, you have to wait awhile. You do get more points if you get them to the married stage of their life though.

Getting to the Married Stage
To get to the married stage you have to hop through a number of hoops.
-They can not become engaged until they went on 5 dates since they became girlfriend and boyfriend.
-Once they’re engaged, you have to save up 2,000 simoleons so they can throw a wedding party. They need to have a destination party for this, so set up a venue.
-Once you have the 2,000 simoleons and a venue set up, you must change your clients formal wear to wedding attire. A suit if it’s a guy, a wedding dress if it’s a girl.
-Finally, you can plan the wedding and have your client get married. As soon as they get married, have a meeting with BOTH of them. Then move them out. (Go to the Options section for another option)
-Once they're married add a total of 2,000 simoleons to your household funds.**

Options
After the Married Stage
After the married stage of your clients life, you can try to get them to try for/adopt a baby! If either of them have a ‘Have a child’ wish, lock it in and keep them as a client until they get their baby. Wait until it ages up into a toddler. Then you may move them out. Once you get them to have a child, add 1,500 simoleons to your household funds**

An Added Challenge
Your sim also decided to run an orphanage! You can adopt toddlers and keep them until they age up into a child. Then, you may send them on their way with a respectable YA/A. Add 2,000 simoleons to your household funds for each child adopted**

No Passing ‘Em Up
You MUST keep ALL of your clients until they get a boy/girlfriend. Instead of learning all of their traits and deciding not to take them on, you MUST keep them.

Rules

Like all challenges, this one has rules.
-No cheating unless it’s moveobjects of resetsim
-You may NOT decide not to take any of your promised clients. Once you take them in, you must follow through with your promise to get them to the dating stage.
-You may NOT have a child of your own until you become an elder. Even then, you must adopt a CHILD*, not a toddler or a baby.
-You may NOT become romantically involved until you become an elder.
-You MUST take in at least 10 Sims during your founder’s lifetime.
- You have the choice of letting your Sim join a career or being self-employed (i.e. a painter)**

+10 for every 10 clients you take on
+30 for every time you keep a client until they get married
+50 for every time you keep a client until they have a child (Options section)
+50 for when your founder gets to the elder stage
+50 for when your founder gets married
+70 for when your founder adopts a child
+100 for when your founder dies of old age
-10 if your client dies
-30 every time you cheat
-50 if your founder dies before they become an elder
-50 if your founder gets a divorce
-70 if you can’t continue to the second generation
-100 if your founder dies of anything BUT old age.

*They may only make it to the teen stage before your founder dies, but that’s okay. Just continue their schooling and when they become a young adult they may continue in your founder’s footsteps.

**Your matchmaker may only earn money from coupling people up if they do not have a 'real' career/profession. If they are self-employed they may earn money from coupling people up.
Advertisement
Test Subject
#2 Old 28th Jun 2015 at 6:08 AM
I think this looks like an AMAZING challenge!
CANT WAIT TO TRY IT!
Lab Assistant
#3 Old 28th Jun 2015 at 3:44 PM
I have to try this!!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 29th Jun 2015 at 4:04 PM
Quote: Originally posted by RainbowCupcake
I think this looks like an AMAZING challenge!
CANT WAIT TO TRY IT!

Quote: Originally posted by TheKleptomaniac
I have to try this!!

Thank you both! I had a really fun time creating this challenge. If you guys do decide to play this challenge, I really hope you can give me suggestions on how to make it better. Thanks!
Test Subject
#5 Old 30th Jun 2015 at 2:39 AM
This sounds like a really fun challenge, I think I'll try it. I do have a question though: How will the 'matchmaker' earn money? Could they be self-employed as, say, a painter and earn money from that? Or maybe they earn money for every couple they get together, like perhaps 1,000 simoleons per couple?
Thanks ^ ^
Test Subject
Original Poster
#6 Old 30th Jun 2015 at 2:18 PM
Quote: Originally posted by beatricethelionhearted
This sounds like a really fun challenge, I think I'll try it. I do have a question though: How will the 'matchmaker' earn money? Could they be self-employed as, say, a painter and earn money from that? Or maybe they earn money for every couple they get together, like perhaps 1,000 simoleons per couple?
Thanks ^ ^

When I played through this I had my Sim join a career, but if you wish to make it harder, you can have your 'matchmaker' be self-employed. I hope this helped.

EDIT: Sorry, I completely ignored part of you question, which was 'maybe they can earn money for every couple.' I think that that's a GREAT idea, but perhaps it can be 1,500 simoleons per couple made. I'll add this to the challenge rules
Lab Assistant
#7 Old 14th Aug 2015 at 5:33 PM
Just started this challenge but I have a quick question. How exactly do when get sims together. Do we play the moved in friend? or do we have to introduce her to guys and hope she likes one? I really like the concept just not sure about the details. :-)
Test Subject
Original Poster
#8 Old 18th Aug 2015 at 2:10 PM
Quote: Originally posted by mama_tex
Just started this challenge but I have a quick question. How exactly do when get sims together. Do we play the moved in friend? or do we have to introduce her to guys and hope she likes one? I really like the concept just not sure about the details. :-)

You have the main Sim meet a person and then introduce them to the moved in friend. Then you play the friend to move them up in the relationship. Sorry that that part of the challenge was a little confusing!

I do hope that you enjoy playing my challenge!
Test Subject
#9 Old 21st Aug 2015 at 8:30 PM
This looks pretty fun! I tend to do this type of thing with relatives who have moved out anyways, so might as well make a challenge out of it! The game's "story progression" has never been too good at coupling people up anyways... I'll have to try this out when I'm finished with my current challenge!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#10 Old 23rd Aug 2015 at 4:22 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Mindina
This looks pretty fun! I tend to do this type of thing with relatives who have moved out anyways, so might as well make a challenge out of it! The game's "story progression" has never been too good at coupling people up anyways... I'll have to try this out when I'm finished with my current challenge!

I totally agree with the games story progressing sucking at making families for the other sims in the town, that's pretty much why I made this challenge! And thank you for considering playing my challenge